@lrose5
Active 3 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Wise Jester
- Total Posts: 90
-
Lin replied to the topic Adding another perspective to my book? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 2 months ago
@joy-caroline That sounds awesome! I’m all for parallels! Sounds like it would be hard to pull off but if you could do it, that’d be really good!
-
Daisy Torres replied to the topic non-typical critters for stories in the forum Fantasy 5 years, 2 months ago
@elfwing I gotchaa, I was actually discussing the same thing the other day with a friend! I used a weasel-like fantasy creature in Era of Shadows XD She talks and has venom tho
-
Kathleen started the topic What trope is most common in your stories? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 2 months ago
What’s the most common trope you use in your writing? Chosen one, love triangle, damsel in distress, old wise man, tragic backstory, secret identity, etc.
The most common trope I use in my stories is most definitely the secret identity trope. Without even realizing, I end up with three characters with secret identities in pretty much every story I…[Read more] -
Lin replied to the topic Character Arc chat in the forum Characters 5 years, 2 months ago
@keilah-h Of course! One of my favorite books, East of Eden, is a retelling of Cain and Abel, and I love it to pieces. Your methods sound so cool! What stories do you usually choose?
-
Lin replied to the topic Character Arc chat in the forum Characters 5 years, 2 months ago
@kathleenramm Ah, farmer/shepherd meaning Cain and Abel, haha… I didn’t realise I was writing a retelling of the first murder until I was almost done. So…
Yes, reflective character arcs are so good with foils and things… Those always strengthen themes the best, I think.
-
Daisy Torres posted an update 5 years, 2 months ago
My sci-fi novel got PUBLISHED today!!!
If you wanna read the first 3 chapters of The Art of Deception for free, I’ll post a link in the comments!!!!
Thank you to all the writers on here who gave me so much help and encouragement!!! I love y’all!!!
@abigail-m @writerlexi1216 @ariel-f @elfwing @nova21 @faith-q @issawriter7 @scripter-of-kingdoms @m…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Character Arc chat in the forum Characters 5 years, 2 months ago
That sounds like a beautiful story! I love stories that explore themes and struggles but always have a light of hope from God. Those are the most impactful and memorable stories for me.
How did you get the idea for the story?
Those parallels inThe Mafia of Heather Flights sound so interesting. I watched one…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Character Arc chat in the forum Characters 5 years, 2 months ago
@kathleenramm Positive character arc…what’s that…
I used to not think about character arcs but hey, now I kind of do.
I know I have some planned but the only one I can think off of the top of my head that I’ve actually written is Rainan Streamgate’s negative character arc. Which, honestly, turned into a farmer/shepherd story more than I…[Read more]
-
Kathleen started the topic Character Arc chat in the forum Characters 5 years, 2 months ago
Hey, so I was recently inspired by Allison’s recent article delving into Iron Man’s character arc, and it made me curious if any of you have writing positive character arcs before.
And if so, why you did it, how it went, etc. You know, just a chat about character arcs and maybe some tips you’ve learned from your own personal experience.
So…[Read more]
-
Katherine replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 2 months ago
@nanisnook Thanks for the tag!!! 😀 Are you writing now?
-
Daisy Torres replied to the topic Questions on drafts and beginnings… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 2 months ago
@hallie-jean Hey! Welcome back!!
I write first drafts like I would a normal novel. Then during my second draft, I go back and edit everything, add scenes, take out scenes, whatever needs to be done. Then if I think it needs it I’ll do a third ‘rewrite’, but I normally just stick with my first two steps XD
I love beginning my chapters with odd…[Read more]
-
Katherine replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 2 months ago
@faith-q Aw, sorry I missed your sprint!😦 I LOVE those last lines though!!!!!!!!! 😀 The first one made me laugh, lol, and the second has me all curious now!!!!!
-
Katherine replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 2 months ago
@writerlexi1216 Oooh, that’s a great word count!!!!!!!!!! 😀 Great job, girl!!!!!!!🥳 I got distracted and ended up not writing anything. *cries*
Aww, YAY, that makes me SO happy that you are interested in The Black Cat!!!!!!!!!!!!!😀 Of course, I’ll totally take you up on that!!! 😉
-
Lin replied to the topic Questions on drafts and beginnings… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 2 months ago
@hallie-jean Glad I could help! To be honest, I have an outline too, but if my characters want to go somewhere else, I let them and forget the outline completely.
-
Not-So-Secret Secret Assassin replied to the topic Your Villain gets transported into the “real world” in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 2 months ago
It has a a feather.
In it. Yup it do.
-
Lin replied to the topic Questions on drafts and beginnings… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 2 months ago
@hallie-jean Me, I write my first drafts as how I expect my story to be, except really really in need of editing. That is, when I’m on paper. My paper things aren’t good enough to be shown to the world. On PC I just write and try to aim for quality.
First draft I think means the first time you write a story through before you edit it. And I think…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 2 months ago
WOOHOOOO!!!! You did AWESOME, Lexi!!! THANKS for the sprint!!!! I worked on answering comments on my site, so I don’t know my actual word count, but it felt like a lot, lol. XD
-
Katherine replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 2 months ago
@writerlexi1216 Eee, THANK YOU!!!!!!!! 😀 Yay, I’m so happy you love the title!!!!!!! 😀 Yes, it is!!! I’ve been super excited to return to these characters’ minds!!! Thank you!!!! <33333
-
Katherine replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 2 months ago
@writerlexi1216 Thanks for the tag!!!! 😀 Joining at :35
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic OFFICIAL WRITING SPRINT LEADERBOARD in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 2 months ago
Joining at :00
- Load More

Wow!!! So cool!!!
Unfortunately the link didn’t work .
Awesome! Congrats!
OH MY GOODNESS, Daisy, THIS IS AMAZING!!!!! WOOHOOOOO!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! *throws out party streamers and passes around cake and cookies* *dances and jumps up and down* I am just SO happy for you, girl!! WOOHOOO!!!!!! Now I shall pull out my emojis that I only use on special occasions. 😉 🎉🎉🎈🎈🏆🏆
@elfwing Thank youu!!! (Does this work better?)
@devastate-lasting Thank you so much!!
@gracie-j Aww, rats! Thank youu!
@issawriter7 *Enjoys cake and cookies and also jumps up and down* Thank…[Read more]
http://amzn.com/B097NSN7PY
Sorry I don’t have an amazon account so it won’t let me read it 🙁 but the blurb makes me intrigued!
@elfwing That’s fine!! Thank youuu!! <3
You go, girl! I can’t wait to read it! Congrats on this huge move in your life! Keep living for God, and He’s gonna do great things in your life! WHOOO-HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@faith-q Thankss!!! And thank you so much for the AMAZING words <33 Right back at you!!!
@gracie-j eeekk yay!! Thank youu!! I absolutely will do!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D 😀 😀 That’s amazing Daisy!! Confetti and cake for everyone and *passes you a plate* you get the first piece. Definitely celebration-worthy and I’d LOVE to read the preview:D 😀 Thank you for posting it! Again, congrats!!!
@abigail-m *eats the plate too* Eeekk!!! THANK YOUU!!! Absolutely!!! And thank youuu for reading!!!! (If you have an amazon account, I would LOVE if you could give it a like and help me climb the algorithms!! If not that’s fine tho!!!)
Thank youu!! Your comment made my day!!!!!