-
Koshka replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 3 years, 2 months ago
GASP! You got dip pens?! My sister and I just got a sketching set to work with. (Haven’t drawn much more than a pile of rocks yet…)
I’m not typically much of a fan of manga styles, but he looks awesome! What ink are you using?
-
Koshka replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 2 months ago
Children of the Storm is the autobiography of Natasha Vins, who’s father was actually arrested do to his involvement in the underground church. I haven’t managed to read all of it (I also got The Rise and Fall of Mount Majestic at the same time…so I don’t really blame myself for getting distracted XD), but I’d still recommend…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Character commissions!! in the forum Art 3 years, 2 months ago
@highscribeofatherium
Also, as a side note, I have absolutely no idea how long this might take. It could be later today, or it may be next week XD
I totally understand. 😉
-
Esther replied to the topic Character commissions!! in the forum Art 3 years, 2 months ago
*gasp* Yes pleaseee!!
I cannot draw people (or most things really) for the life of me, so I would love to see my character drawn. 😊
Alright… now which character to choose…..
Ok… Imma choose my villain 😆
His name his Derek Len. For a general description he’s 6’ 2’’, a slim but slightly muscular build, his hair is a ver…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic What do I do if my book sounds awful? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 2 months ago
I think every writer experience this more than once.
I’m not sure what everyone else has said, but here’s what I think.
First, step back and reevaluate some things. Why do you think your writing is terrible? Is it in comparison to somebody else’s, or is your inner editor just screaming out at you to fix everything? Keep in mind that…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 2 months ago
OH NO! I didn’t realize they went into East Germany, although that makes perfect sense knowing them.
I am so excited about this though! Could they perhaps be like Paul and convert a few guards?
-
hybridlore replied to the topic What do I do if my book sounds awful? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 2 months ago
I LOVE that quote!! I have that one at the top of my ideas document xD
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Writing about weddings and kissing and more! in the forum Romance 3 years, 2 months ago
Pet peeves? On romance? Neveeerrrrrr.
Actually, what @whalekeeper and @esther-c said. XD
Also, it’s probably connected, but when she is so determined to “stick with him” that she puts everyone in danger. Like when he gives her instructions to stay safe and she blatantly disregards them just to “be brave”. It just comes across…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 2 months ago
Leon trimmed his beard? With A RAZOR BLADE? *Gasps*
Don’t you know what the Sanhedrin would say? *Is scandalized*
Just kidding. 😂😂Sorry, little Talmud/Biblical culture nerd over here. 😂😂😂😅 It just tickled me when I read the beginning. (Which is good. I needed a laugh.) (Yes, I get this is the twentieth century, not the…[Read more]
-
hybridlore posted an update 3 years, 2 months ago
@crocheter12
Hi! So, I was told you started an anthology on YWW about identity, and Briley Webb is following a lot of what you did for that one with her Light through Darkness anthology. If you ever have time, could I ask you a couple questions about how publishing and rights worked for yours? -
hybridlore replied to the topic Using Scripture For Writing! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 2 months ago
@godlyfantasy
Oohh, awesome! Great idea!
-
hybridlore changed their profile picture 3 years, 2 months ago
-
hybridlore replied to the topic What do I do if my book sounds awful? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 2 months ago
Yesss girl it’s just a first draft!! Ally Carter talks about this in her writing book, and compares writing to running a faucet. At first, it’s just dirty water! But the longer you run it, the better it gets.
I agree with @highscribeofaetherium. Don’t worry about it too much for now. If you think something in particular isn’t working,…[Read more] -
Esther replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 2 months ago
I’m good with moving on too. 🙂
-
Esther replied to the topic Using Scripture For Writing! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 2 months ago
This sounds awesome! I’ll definitely be sticking around!
-
Esther replied to the topic Writing about weddings and kissing and more! in the forum Romance 3 years, 2 months ago
Um… I can’t really think of anything in particular at the moment, but maybe that’s because the few romances I’ve read have been really good. XD I do hate though when one of the people, typically the girl, starts making assumptions about the guy based on his actions and gets mad at him, not even letting him know why she’s m…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Writing about weddings and kissing and more! in the forum Romance 3 years, 2 months ago
Aww, cute!! 😊
-
Koshka replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 2 months ago
Ah, that makes sense. =)
-
Koshka replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 2 months ago
Wait a second, I thought the Lyn and the rest didn’t show up till book two. So have you written that far or are they going to have to wait for a smile untill then?
Cause I somehow can’t imagine the whole first book being a heartache.
-
Elishavet Elroi's profile was updated 3 years, 2 months ago
- Load More

Oops accidentally deleted my last comment.
ANYWAY
(First off, how do you know me? Are you on YWW? How do you know I am doing an Identity anthology and Bry is doing a light in the darkness one? LOL just being careful:)
Yep!
Hah sorry, yeah I totally get that. I’m not on YWW, but I’m friends with Ava Murbarger, who told me about both anthologies and asked Briley if I could join the Light through Darkness one. I think we’ve talked on KP, but not much, lol. Hopefully that wasn’t too creepy for you.. xD
So anyway, she just told me that Briley was basically doing what…[Read more]
Meaning, I’m pretty sure I’ve seen you on KP before.. sorry if that was a little confusing.
Oh! Yes, I’m friends with Solfyre as well! Makes sense. I am doing both anthologies as well lol.
Wasn’t too creepy! I was just double checking and trying to figure out how you knew me LOL
Yep! It would be self publishing. Through lulu.com. That way, it can be distributed to amazon, barnesandnoble, and similar online stores. Go google Erin Hyl…[Read more]
Yep! 😁 Oh, awesome! Have you figured out what you’re writing about yet?
Yeahh, of course, that’s smart lol.
Oh, awesome! I’ll have to do that! So you would be able to sell physical copies through Amazon?
Right, that makes sense. So you still completely own the story, but you just can’t post it anywhere for six months after publishing.
Yeah!
Yep! For my Identity anthology, at least. For the Light in the Darkness, I have an idea. I just haven’t written it down.
Yep! Physical copies through Amazon! Again, go to amazon.com and google Erin Hylands and you’ll see books I’ve written:)
Yep!
Oh, cool! Yeah, I did! The website looks pretty cool, and I might have to check out your book sometime. Thanks for your help!!