-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
how do you guys write them so fast? 😅
When I get in a mood, it’s like doing freestyle in a speedo as fast as you can. I also had to type out a lot of things last year and I decided to just get used to typing in this age of tech. Believe me it used to take two minutes per sentence!
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Give me a few minutes to get my brain jogging…
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Is Zahlin going to answer or are you not sure you want them to have Peace of Honor?
-
Ruth replied to the topic Talking about are Fanfics in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
(And yes, for the past week or so, I’ve been silently reading this topic)
-
Ruth replied to the topic Talking about are Fanfics in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
*I compose myself after reading something about Bucky*
My love of Bucky was so contagious I legit spread it to other people, ok? XD
You weren’t kidding. Though, it should be present tense and OVER THE INTERNET TO SOMEONE YOU’VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE IN YOUR LIFE!!!!!
Bucky pretended to topple over when they landed more blows of the…
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Narsa Jeptune (I literally made that up on the spot)
Narsa has eyes that can change color, hair that can change color, skin that can change color…Okay, any part of her can change color. Originally, though, her neutral colors are black, thick stripes and accents of deep purple, with spots of poppy orange. She is a Slyiad, which is a name for a r…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Okay, I just have to figure out a good villain name…
-
Ruth replied to the topic Oh Arabian, my poetry in the forum Poetry 2 years, 11 months ago
@janellebelovedpig @highscribeofaetherium
Another piece I thought I’d share. I have no title for it, and would love suggestions!
Untitled
Rising voice to meet the sky,
“Live free or die!”
Upon the battlefield echoes the cry,
“Let your bullets fly!”
Mighty was the answering call,
Powerful was their charge as the gave their…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
It is hard to say much without knowing much of your book, but I do agree with what Sara said as far as openings…
Ok! If you do wanna read the chapter, I posted it like two posts above this one.
I guess it depends on the reader, but personally, I like books that paint some of the picture in the first (and even second) chapter… even if it seem…
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Ugh, sorry you’re going through that! That’s hard!
Yeah, thanks. XD My NaNo WIP feels so much easier because it’s so new, lol.
Could you maybe post some segments of it so I can see more of what you mean?
I posted the first chapter in the post above this one.
All I can say is that maybe you’re focusing a little too much on all…
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
What’s the first paragraph of your book?
So, the first paragraph doesn’t have much info in it since it’s only a few lines, but I’ll share the original first chapter so you can see what I’m talking about. (Hopefully. XD) In a day or two, I’m hoping to have an alternate first chapter written, so I may share that just to see if y’all think…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Oof, those are hard questions. For the first one, I get what you mean. I think for the first chapter, an introduction is fine. Personally, I would try to focus on the relationship between Ami and Ev, and his family conflict, because I think that will hook the reader.
Yes, definitely. XDXD
Ok, yeah. I think I already have a few ideas…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
I really need to work on her character anyways
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
@everyone
Now. The next step is who are going to add the villains, and who are these said villians?
If ya want me to, I could come up with a name for my Slyiad who’s a villain.
-
Ruth posted an update 2 years, 11 months ago
@grcr I really miss Flazzy. What would he say about the Zahlin vs. Nahim duel?
-
Ruth replied to the topic Back Stories, the thing that shapes life in the forum Characters 2 years, 11 months ago
Thanks, it has taken hours of headaches to come up with this stuff.
I can’t wait to see your stuff!
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
What’s the first paragraph of your book?
You’re being a little to ambiguous. I can’t answer your questions until I can glean more data.
Sorry I couldn’t really help. 🙁
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
I’m not in the Dark Castle RP, so I’d prefer if we don’t mix them, but as far as bringing villains into this RP I don’t really care.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Oof, those are hard questions. For the first one, I get what you mean. I think for the first chapter, an introduction is fine. Personally, I would try to focus on the relationship between Ami and Ev, and his family conflict, because I think that will hook the reader.
And then, themes are also really hard. Could you describe yours a…[Read more] -
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
I feel like we should make up a meme for ending of this monumental duel.
- Load More

aww, lol.
(had to read through the duel)
He’d probably say something like:
“Huh, a fight. Wow-ee. Very interesting. I wonder if someone will actually die this time. Maybe. Hm.”
Then he’d go sit down, watch it, and possibly narrate it if he’s feeling frisky… (Aaaannnddd hopefully not get pulled in)
😅
Lol! That’s kinda what I expected of him! XD
😅 hee hee
He’d somehow, someway get pulled in…I can assure you XD!
lol XD
I miss him too!!!!!!!!! :(((