-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Hi! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 3 months ago
Hey, look at that! You tagged someone! Yay!
I think you’re saying you read all the blog posts, correct? Not all the posts in the forums- because that would take an insane amount of time.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: (A.D. 60. Two friends in Ancient Rome.) Questions in the forum Historical 2 years, 3 months ago
WOW!! Thank you all! This is so helpful!
OK, I’ll mention the thing about the gods first. So, in the time of Nero things were starting to slip. There were many, many slaves who had come from wars, and a lot of their religion, or lack thereof, had started to rub off. There were several emperors after Nero who wanted to “reclaim the glory of…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Hi! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 3 months ago
Yes, even all the “cringy posts” Which I actually didn’t find a tone of “cringy” ones. I was reading stuff back from 2010 or 2011, depending on when Kingdom Pen started. I actually fell for whoever’s April fools joke it was to say that Kingdom Pen was closing down!! I was reading and it was saying that this had been closed…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
Chase
Chase slowly nodded. “O-okay.” After a couple minutes, he lifted his head out of his hands, and stared curiously at Sef’s shoulder. “L-little b-bird like your har, hair.” In the shadow of her hair, the bright-colored bird pruned himself, before settling down as if going to rest. “Y-you’re s-safe place.”
-
Ruth replied to the topic Hi! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 3 months ago
You also cause a certain girl over here to worry about Riker for way longer than she should…btw, he, Leon and Hans need a chocolate chip cookie.
You also made me cry when I heard Hans actually did die…without redemption.
And I was really sympathizing and connecting with Leon in the scene when Isabel got sick…him…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
Chase
Chase looked again into her eyes, his own’s color slowly fading away to a grey-green. “O-Okay,” he finally answered, letting out a breath. To be honest, he wasn’t sure exactly what to think of a good father. The only man who he had ever trusted was Dr. Beren. Chase suddenly leaned forward, laying his head gently in his hands.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years, 3 months ago
That last one is great XD
Can you imagine the look the librarian would give you over her eyeglasses! “When I was your age we tried to help the neighborhood, not destroy it. Go read To Kill a Mockingbird and make good use of your time.”
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
Chase
Chase stared into Sef’s eyes, his aching foggy brain trying to process what she had said. His headache was returning, and with it came that frustration of being unable to understand a concept that’s been explained to you in very simple terms. Then it all broke through the clouds. His eyes brightened. “Oh!” But then they…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic God Stories in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
That’s awesome! We don’t have chores to do our at ours, but we do get points for picking up any trash we find.
The directors inspect the cabins and sometimes you get extra points for your team if your cabin is clean enough! Either that, or the cleanest cabin goes first in the lunch line.
You have cabin inspection every day? We…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
Also I have this weird thing where it’s first person, but from Kate’s perspective, even though I’m a guy, and I can’t really help it so we’re stuck with it
If it makes you feel better, I’m a girl who likes doing stuff from a guy’s perspective, first or third person. I don’t think it’s weird most the time, it’s just writers being wri…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic God Stories in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
Oh Sara- since we were talking about summer camps, I’d love to hear what your camp is like! One of the stories I’m working on currently started with two girls at summer camp who became friends and decided to be pen pals after they left… and the plot has sort of taken its own turns from there, lol!
But anyway, I don’t want…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic WIP: (A.D. 60. Two friends in Ancient Rome.) Questions in the forum Historical 2 years, 3 months ago
Ok, these are just some of my initial thoughts as I was reading through it.
– I liked the action scene where the boys are watching the fighting; that drew me in. I’d say the first part of the chapter didn’t pull me in as quickly, though. Some of the dialogue felt a little bit like it was just there to fill in the story. I know…[Read more]
-
freedom replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
and I know there are a lot of “Pirate” novels out there, but this will still be historical-fiction more than anything.
It’ll show more of the realities of piracy, rather than the glamorized piracy that really isn’t realistic, and will also be a book that will show the realities/harshness of the British Royal Navy in the 1700s, and the brutality…[Read more]
-
freedom replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
@esther-c @keilah-h @rae @theducktator @savannah_grace2009 @koshka @loopylin @mineralizedwritings @anyone-else-idk-lol-XD
What began as something for me and my siblings to try for fun has become a book idea.
I made an aesthetic for the MMC (Male Main Character) of this new book idea…hehe.
Y’all, I loved him the minute I created him😂💖💖
Soooo,…[Read more]
-
freedom replied to the topic Hi! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 3 months ago
OK, fun fact, I have read everything on here from day one of Kingdom Pen!! (It was a lot to read but completely worth it!)
Even all that cringy writing I posted two years ago?? 🫠🫣
What does everyone do on here beside waiting to ambush new members with a slew of questions?
😂😂
post scenes and break hearts. That’s what I do. And…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
Chase
Never…never be strong enough but…but… Chase closed his eyes, turning away a little bit, afraid that the pictures and memories flashing through his brain would come out in his eyes. Who else is going to help all those people? Those kids that are just like me. I have powers, I need to use them…and there’s the…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle started the topic WIP: (A.D. 60. Two friends in Ancient Rome.) Questions in the forum Historical 2 years, 3 months ago
Hi all,
so, I have been working on a new book. (I started it today) I haven’t been able to get any feedback from anyone for the past year and so I actually don’t know if the stuff that I’m writing is plot and character structurally sound. I would love some feedback from y’all if you would be willing send it. (I won’t be able to speed write this…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
Lukas
Lukas bit his lip, unsure of what to say or do next. He had no way to relate to what Liv was going through. But he had to comfort her somehow. He gently directed her towards the bench, sitting down beside her. He kept his arm around her shoulders.
“C-can I…” His words caught his throat and he suddenly rethought what…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Hi! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 3 months ago
WOW!! awesome! Thank you so much for y’all’s help. I only have one chapter in a place where I would call it more then ideas. (I just started the book today. I’ll have to put more of it there later. I can’t wait to hear feedback from other authors!
-
Esther replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years, 3 months ago
🤣🤣🤣
- Load More
