God Stories

Home Page ā€ŗ Forums ā€ŗ Fiction Writing ā€ŗ General Writing Discussions ā€ŗ God Stories

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Trailblazer
    @trailblazer
      • Total Posts: 591

Iā€™m creating this topic for the purpose of sharing what God is doing in our lives! I love hearing from others what God is teaching them, what Heā€™s done in their livesā€¦ anything big or small! Hearing about His faithfulness in someone elseā€™s life always encourages me that He will be faithful to me, too, and stirs my faith to believe He will continue to move in my life.

So this is the place to share! It doesnā€™t matter how small or insignificant- what God is doing in you can be an encouragement to someone else. It doesnā€™t have to be a big testimony (although those are great too!). It doesnā€™t even have to be something recent- you can share things He did several years ago. Really, whatever you want to share in regards to your relationship with God! This space can also be open for asking questions, too.

I look forward to hearing from you all! I will be sharing, too.

Tags- @janellebelovedpig @savannah_grace2009 @vinagirl @walkbyfaith @stephie @hybridlore @anyone-and-everyone

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

Esther
      @esther-c
        • Total Posts: 3202

*subscribes*

This is awesome. šŸ˜Š Iā€™ll be sure to share something later.

Write what should not be forgotten. ā€” Isabel Allende

WalkByFaith
        @walkbyfaith
          • Total Posts: 45

I love this topic!

Something God has really been opening my eyes to these past few days is keeping an eternal view. I worry and focus so much on what is temporary, treating it as if it matters the most. A few nights ago I read 2 Corinthians 4, and it really resonated with me. Paul and the other apostles went through so much: scoffing, ridiculing, beatings, and some of them were even martyred; but they never gave up their faith. They knew what was the most important. Paul even said in Philippians 1 that to live is Christ and to die is gain. He counted everything else a loss for the sake of Jesus! (Phil. 3) He looked through an eternal lens, a lens that focuses on Jesus and the eternal life Heā€™s given to us who believe. I want to do the same. Iā€™ve been reminding myself to look at the big picture these past few days, and itā€™s eased some of my anxiety, and put certain things in my life that arenā€™t eternal in their place. (Also itā€™s pretty humbling to remember who we are in the grand scheme of things, and itā€™s amazing to realize what God has done for us out of love, even though he doesnā€™t need us ā¤ļø)

Iā€™m also looking at writing on an eternal scale. While my stories might not become the next C.S. Lewis and go down in history, their impact is still eternal in some ways. The connections I form while writing, the message that reaches peopleā€”those things will last. Iā€™m taking my role as a writer for Godā€™s Kingdom more seriously (or at least Iā€™m just beginning too šŸ˜Š).

Hope this encourages someone else! (Sorry I kinda rambled hehe)

ā€œSquidward that wasnā€™t the peace treaty that was a copy of the peace treatyā€ -SpongeBob

Sara
          @savannah_grace2009
            • Total Posts: 1977

@trailblazer

Great idea!

@walkbyfaith

Thatā€™s basically what Iā€™ve been thinking about tooā€¦like asking myself ā€œwill this matter in 50 yearsā€? A lot of times the answer is no, so I can breathe and let it go.

Lukas&Livia
            #Lalbert
            Sef&Chase
            #HOTTOLINE
            LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Trailblazer
            @trailblazer

@walkbyfaith

Thatā€™s good! Thatā€™s definitely something I donā€™t think about very often, either.

I think one thing Godā€™s been continually trying to teach me lately is that He is the one who can satisfy every desire.

Two and a half years ago, I was finally starting to see some friendships blooming that I had been longing for since middle school. I was really excited, but also terrified that it wouldnā€™t last, and it started to consume all my attention. I remember coming back from hanging out with them one evening and telling myself, ā€œYou finally have what you wanted. Are you happy now?ā€ And when I answered my question honestly, the answer was no. I felt God nudging me to surrender these friendships, but I was clinging to them tightly because Iā€™d desired them for so long and it finally seemed like I had them.

The timing was such that this was all happening right before my family was to leave for a long trip throughout the West/Midwest. We would be gone for almost a month, and I was afraid that being gone so long would cause me to lose those friendships, but there wasnā€™t much I could do about that. I also knew God was asking me to surrender those friendships, and in a way, I was almost relieved to be leaving, because I really needed some time to pray through this and get clarity about it, without all the distractions.

That whole trip was so deeply impactful to me spiritually. (Maybe sometime Iā€™ll share some more stories, but it would take too much time to detail them all here) But the most impactful moment for me occurred in the North Cascade mountains of Washington.

During our stay there, the weather wasnā€™t the greatest. The one day we hiked, there was a lot of fog, and we couldnā€™t see very much beyond the valley we were in. I sort of liked the fog; it gave off vibes from a mystery novel or something. But I had no idea what was on the other side of all that fog, so I didnā€™t know what I was missing. The next day was raining early in the day, so we couldnā€™t go out for a hike, but it tapered off in the afternoon, so we decided to drive up the mountain weā€™d been on the day before, to a viewpoint, and see if the clouds would clear off to give us a bit of a view. My dad had his heart set on seeing Mt. Baker, so we sat in the parking lot at the top of this other mountain, waiting as the clouds blew past, hoping for a break in the clouds long enough to give us a view.

Amazingly enough, the clouds did clear off partially- not enough to see more than a brief glimpse of the tip of Baker, but they cleared almost completely from another nearby mountain, Mt. Shuksan. At this point, the sun was moving towards the western horizon, causing a beautiful glow on the glacier-pocked peak. It was absolutely gorgeous!

But the best part came as we started driving down the mountain. My dad pulled off, and we walked back a short trail to a lake. The view took my breath away- Mt. Shuksan, against the blue sky, with the sun illuminating it, reflected in the lake! In that moment, I felt the pure love of the Father rush into my heart, and it was like everything else I had desired fell away instantly. The friendships Iā€™d wanted looked so pale and unappealing in comparison. I was so in awe that I could hardly even speak, all that bubbled up out of me was worship for Jesus. That moment marked me, and allowed me to surrender those friendships, believing that Jesus had something better in store for me.

After we returned from our trip, I went from homeschooling to public school (thatā€™s a story for another time, too) and a couple things happened throughout that year that were really difficult for me. As a result, it felt like some lies started creeping in about God, and itā€™s been a process of God highlighting those lies and revealing to me where Iā€™ve been believing that He wonā€™t fulfill His promises and that He canā€™t fully satisfy my heart. In hindsight, Iā€™m so glad I didnā€™t keep the friendships I wanted, but God has started bringing better friends into my life since then. It didnā€™t happen in the timing I thought or wanted, but Heā€™s been showing me that He really knows whatā€™s best for me.

So anywayā€¦ thereā€™s my long speech for the day lol.

Janellebelovedpig
              @janellebelovedpig
                • Total Posts: 144

@walkbyfaith @trailblazer

Thatā€™s inspiring! Awh, God is so good. Good seems like such a little common word for His grandeur and kindness.

Stories coming soon!

Stephie
                @stephie
                  • Total Posts: 57

Iā€™m gonna try not to go TOO deep hereā€¦

About a year ago, or a little longer, I was hanging out with the wrong people. My friends (or more accurately, there was one specific friend I will not name) mocked religion. I used to deny that I was ā€œtoo religiousā€ or that I actively practised Christianity. There were a lot of negative things I associated with religion in general, and I thought of it as like being a prisoner. However, my family began to go to a church, and I slowly rebuilt my relationship with God. I decided to get baptised (my parents had left that decision up to me, instead of baptising me as a baby) around this time last year. I wanted to know the truth, so I prayed that He would reveal it. And He did. Gradually and painfully. (Thank God for gradually, ā€™cause otherwise it wouldā€™ve hurt more).

Hereā€™s how I like to explain it: itā€™s like when somebody turns on the light, and your eyes are used to the dark. It hurts. But after my eyes got used to the light, I realised that it was WAY better than the dark was, and that it made things a lot less confusing. Hope that makes sense šŸ™‚

Before, I had some mental health issues (none of which were tooĀ bad, but still). Now, theyā€™ve been slowly disappearing as Iā€™ve learned to care less about what people think about me, and more about how to follow God and please Him. Iā€™m still trying to improve upon the notā€“caringā€“aboutā€“whatā€“othersā€“think thing though, because itā€™s HARD.

The really scary thing about the whole experience is that I realised how fragile the human mind is. The fact that I was convinced of such wild things and that I was prepared to fight for harmful doctrines actually terrifies me. However, in the long run I think maybe God is preparing me for life, and helping me develop critical thinking skills which will serve meā€“and othersā€“later on.

So there we have it. Godā€™s worked miracles in my life!

"Courage, dear heart." -Aslan

Trailblazer
                  @trailblazer

@stephie

Thatā€™s amazing! Iā€™m sure all youā€™ve faced is only making you stronger and giving you the tools you need to bring that light to other people!

Sara
                    @savannah_grace2009
                      • Total Posts: 1977

@stephie

Oh girl, I can completely relate to this, and thatā€™s kind of how my journeyā€™s been over the past couple years/months for me too! <3

Lukas&Livia
                      #Lalbert
                      Sef&Chase
                      #HOTTOLINE
                      LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Janellebelovedpig
                      @janellebelovedpig
                        • Total Posts: 144

This isnā€™t a huge thing, and God has certainly done huge things for me, but this happened recently.

A while ago I asked God to see something powerful. David praises God for the mighty breakers that God is above, Miriam breaks forth in song as the horse and rider are no match for the control of the Lord, and Mary extols in the magnificat of being a virgin with the Christ conceived within her. All these and more see something powerful and vivid in their life and it brings out praise for the glorious Lord. I wanted something vivid and powerful to do that to me too.

Ā 

Then I just realized. He has shown me something powerful.

Ā 

Heā€™s shown me His love.

Trailblazer
                        @trailblazer

@janellebelovedpig

Thatā€™s so good! I think itā€™s so easy to forget the simple things that are really the most powerful!

Ā 

Esther
                          @esther-c
                            • Total Posts: 3202

@janellebelovedpig

That is so amazing!!

Write what should not be forgotten. ā€” Isabel Allende

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          >