-
Koshka replied to the topic An aggravation over Stained Glass in the forum Poetry Critiques 2 years, 9 months ago
My style…I’m not really sure where it has come from, except that almost all the poetry I’ve read was written before the 1940’s.
The meter here is roughly 7-8 syllables with a pause of cadence in the middle of each line. The rhythm is One and TWO and Three and FOUR. I hope that helps and isn’t more confusing.
Ah, slant rhyme. I have…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Christmas!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
My favorite treats are these cookies called sour cream cut-outs.
I don’t think I’ve ever heard of those. I’ll have to look them up!
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Christmas!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
The night before, we all sleep around the Christmas tree. She turns on old radio shows, like OLD old ones from the 1930 something’s, and doze off with the faint static and long-dead caroling people in your head.
I’ve always wanted to sleep around the tree sometime, but I think if we kept the lights on I wouldn’t be able to sleep.
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Christmas!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Cranberry sauce, I eat it by the spoonful XD
I don’t normally eat cranberry sauce, but we do have a cranberry relish sometimes (most often at Thanksgiving). It’s more like a fruit salad, but I would probably eat cranberry sauce by the spoonful too, haha.
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Christmas!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Haha I forgot about the tree! We have a fake one now. We used to get real ones when I was little, but then it started bothering our allergies (especially my dad) so we switched to the fake one. I miss the smell of the real ones, but I like that we can set it up right after Thanksgiving and keep it up until after New Year’s, and it still looks nice.
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Christmas!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
…and if someone takes too long, everyone starts singing Joy to the World.
That strikes me funny for some reason! I don’t think either of my parents would be happy if we woke them up like that, lol.
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Christmas!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Aaaaand since I started this topic, I’ll answer the questions myself!
Starting with Christmas Eve: my family doesn’t usually do much the first part of the day, but our church has Christmas Eve services in the evening, so we’ll often have an earlier meal, and somewhere along the line we started eating shrimp every year, but it’s not usually…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer started the topic Christmas!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Ok, I know this doesn’t have to do with writing whatsoever… but I love hearing about how other people celebrate Christmas, so I started this topic to share everything Christmas! I’m gonna list out a bunch of questions, and you can answer whatever you desire.
Biggest one: how do you celebrate Christmas Eve/Christmas? (family gatherings, church…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 9 months ago
Is it the kind of thing you can postpone if you have to, or too many people’s schedules to work with to be able to do that?
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I’ll add him if @Whaley agrees. I mean, he’s…*goes and checks charrie timeline*… 20-21 years old if I go off of Nar’s age, so unless there’s a college that he can be enrolled in and basically never attend, he’ll be the big brother watching over little sis and not taking care of himself in the meantime.
Oh, he does wear…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Chase Duke
Chase smiled. Not a twitch of his lips, not a wobbly crack at he edge, but a true smile, widening across his features. His green eyes sparkled, with water and joy. He led her as they resumed dancing, at which both stumbled at times, but at which both helped each other.
Sorry, I couldn’t think of much else.
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 9 months ago
That sounds miserable!
Was your family going to be hosting the Christmas get-together tomorrow?
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 9 months ago
That’s no fun! I remember being sick over Christmas before, too. Stomach bugs are the worst though….
-
Esther posted an update 2 years, 9 months ago
@vinagirl
Hey! So I saw this article by one of my favorite authors and I thought of how you write children’s books. Let me know if it’s helpful! 😊 -
Esther replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Lukas
“But…” Liv’s cheeks turned red. “I really like you too.”
Lukas couldn’t hold back his own blush. “Y-yeah. I guess th-that makes for a, a good relationship, r-right?” He laughed, whether with relief or at the way he fumbled over his own words he couldn’t tell. “Well, l-let’s keep d-dancing then.”
I don’t…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 9 months ago
Oh that’s no fun. I’ll be praying.
Thankfully our family was able to get sick and get it over with before Christmas, but we’ve been sick around Christmas before, so I get it. 😅
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
It was super interesting! I love family dynamics like this! I didn’t really have any critiques, but please tag me if you post more!
-
Esther replied to the topic Diverged in a Wood in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Ok, this looks awesome! I’ve been looking for different ways to start getting my writing out there in 2024, so this might be a great way to do it. Thanks for letting us know, I’ll definitely look into it!
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Sorry I haven’t gotten to this yet! I’ll try my best to get a reply later today. (:
-
Esther replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I’m so glad I copied the RP I wrote because Wyoh signed me out. *glares* Ahem. Anyway, here it is. (:
Lukas
“And it’s not going to do any good if you try to hide it from me.” Liv shook her head. “It’s not like I’m going to get mad at you or anything, or leave you…just tell me what’s wrong.” She paused and Lukas looked up…[Read more]
- Load More

Oh thank you so much!!!! This looks so helpful! 😄😄😄
Yeah, of course!
@esther-c