-
Esther replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Sounds good!! I love your style, btw. It’s fresh and unique. 😊
I don’t think it’s too clunky. There may be a few places where it could be made a little smoother, but I’m not sure how to fix that. 😅 If this is just your first or second draft, then I think it’s definitely fine how it is. 🙂
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Writing Christian Dystopians? in the forum Plotting 2 years, 11 months ago
I agree with Min and Jonas on everything they said. Resolve of the character will balance the unresolved political structure.However there’s still a lot of things you could do to end it differently. For one thing, most dystopias almost never talk about what happens after they take down the government. They need to reestablish e…
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 2 years, 11 months ago
Thank you!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Also, @savannah_grace2009 I was gonna ask, how does she know that Lilitu dreamed exactly what happened to her before he even describes what happens?
-
hybridlore replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
I didn’t really notice it seeming clunky! I like the part where she’s thinking back to playing pretend with her friends, it’s so sweet.
Personally, for the flashback part, I think I would leave it out and give more of like a summary, sort of like:
She knew that this was no ordinary dream. And not just because of his reaction.…
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 2 years, 11 months ago
Nice!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 2 years, 11 months ago
Yep! Here’s one I made for my WIP a while ago! Hopefully this doesn’t post twice, lol.

-
Ruth replied to the topic Criticism on a revision draft in the forum Sci-Fi 2 years, 11 months ago
Sequel. It’s called The Two Emperors
So there’s Guardian Angels, then Sovereignty in the Galaxy: The Troublemakers, then Sovereignty in the Galaxy: The Two Emperors, then The Returns, then Alpha Slit, and that’s as far as I’ve got with sci-fi.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Character Questionnaire in the forum Characters 2 years, 11 months ago
Sort of, lol. It’s usually hard for me to think of things my characters hate, unless it’s like really obvious lol.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Character Questionnaire in the forum Characters 2 years, 11 months ago
Right, so like the first impression they give others. That would be interesting. I think I’d prefer just to write a paragraph from the point of view of someone else, and see how the main character looks from their eyes.
Okay, yeah. That could definitely come in handy for some characters. For me, it’s kind of hard to think of things like…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Criticism on a revision draft in the forum Sci-Fi 2 years, 11 months ago
Wait is that from a prequel/sequel? Nice!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Writing Christian Dystopians? in the forum Plotting 2 years, 11 months ago
Oh and as long as the rest of your book is unique it’s alright to have a stereotypical ending. It’s when your book has a love triangle, America as a setting, and rebels taking down the government. If you can add one factor to really mix it up and make it something totally new, it won’t be considered stereotypical (Is it set…
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Writing Christian Dystopians? in the forum Plotting 2 years, 11 months ago
Something I have heard about in my research about plots is that there’s two separate goals your character has to reach. One of them is said and known about, such as defeating the government, the other is never mentioned but obvious to the reader. Something the character really longs for, a personal goal that is just as i…
-
Ruth replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Yeah, sorry, it’s kinda long.
-
Ruth replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
@esther-c @savannah_grace2009 Thanks.
@anyone
ATTEMPTNG JR., TELL ME WAHT YOU THINK>>>
The door of Krogen’s base burst open at my command. I basically fell down the stairs out of excitement. Maybe I did, since I remember banging both knees. It wouldn’t be the first time that’s happened. When I was younger and less alert, Krogen had tripped…
-
Ruth replied to the topic Criticism on a revision draft in the forum Sci-Fi 2 years, 11 months ago
@hybridlore @euodia-vision @kyronthearcanin @jonas @anyone-else-who-might-have-slight-interest
@mineralizedwritings if you have time
“A little child dashed in without a knock and practically shouted, ‘I heard you got a new sword with a dragon head on it!’ His eyes reminded me of a dragon and I found it amusing that this child did not seem to mind…
-
Ruth replied to the topic Criticism on a revision draft in the forum Sci-Fi 2 years, 11 months ago
I totally get it.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Overview of my main WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
I like them! Flamebreaker, Midnight, and Lightshard are my favorites, I think. And the blurb looks good!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 2 years, 11 months ago
They look really good!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Character Questionnaire in the forum Characters 2 years, 11 months ago
Yeah, I’ve seen questions like that on personality questionnaires like this before. So something like “Makes others feel: intimidated” or sort of like that?
- Load More
