@keilah-h
Active 4 hours, 19 minutes ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 7123
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Character Adventure (Formerly Character Party) in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
Well I’m sort of referencing the first character you mentioned, but I’m also speaking broadly. There’s plenty of stories where people root for the villain, despite them not being redeemable.
-
PrincesaChronicle22 replied to the topic Character Adventure (Formerly Character Party) in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
He’s not truly a “good guy” and does some horrible things, but he’s also not totally evil either, and has depth that makes me think what he might’ve become if things had gone differently for him.
Yes, I like that point. I think that is the main difference between, “tragic backstory” verses “pure evil”
Are they evil because of what has…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Character Adventure (Formerly Character Party) in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
Yeah, that’s the thing is that even characters that so far gone are characters that sometimes are rooted for the most. They want something, they have a reason for it, and in following them, it makes you like them. This can be the case even when you see nothing redeemable about them.
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
hehe my brother called his pacifier “Ash” for some reason? He didn’t literally name it, he just said the word that way for some reason lol
Lol. I called them “passies” and for a time they were named after my cousins.
My co-op notes were full of cute dinosaur characters giving their opinions on logic and Spanish.
I love that. I wish I lea…[Read more]
-
Jaybird replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years, 6 months ago
Aww, thanks! They were a lot of fun.
You guessed correctly. 😉 It’s a drawing I did of Jupiter Smalls as a youngling. (He might be my favorite character.) I swapped my profile pic in honor of Green Ember‘s birthday back in December, but forgot to change it back.
-
Power replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Your Passion in Writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
Thanks!
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Your Passion in Writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
Goose sounds amazing!😂 Legos are so fun. I have a lego guy by the name of Christopher Cornelius who has a car that is basically a box on wheels covered in random pieces, including propellers, antennas, and flowers. His poor daughter is so embarrassed.
Dilapidated escargot!? *hands you the Nobel prize for weird insults* I may…[Read more]
-
Stepheroni and Cheese replied to the topic Your Passion in Writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
@theducktator @keilah-h @whoeverI’mforgettingi’mshortontime
I’m a lot more story-driven than character driven, although sometimes I come up with a character I really want to write make up a story to plunk them into. I love story ideas, and only AFTER I come up with the story do I come up with the characters, love them, get attached to them (is t…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years, 6 months ago
@keilah-h thanks!
hehe uhhh I was trying to respond to Whaley, but none of my posts were going through, so I just started goofing around. It’s from Alice Through the Looking Glass. I didn’t actually think that it would post 😅
-
PrincesaChronicle22 replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
Mkay, sounds good
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic KP Glitch Problems in the forum Questions and Support 2 years, 6 months ago
It was under Music, and I posted Saint Patrick’s Breastplate, my dad’s favorite hymn, in honor of Saint Patrick’s Day. I tried to edit my post, maybe Wyoh didn’t like that.
-
PrincesaChronicle22 replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
Okay! Serin has met Allen before, so would she recognize him? Or not since he’s kinda restarting?
-
Enid started the topic Your Passion in Writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 6 months ago
I’ve been wondering about this since discussing writing as a gift from God (with Esther and various others… I can’t remember who because I’m so sick right now 😂).
I’ve noticed everyone has a different writing approach. I don’t mean strategy, plotter/pantser, etc. But everyone has a different level of passion, different focuses, and especially h…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years, 6 months ago
-
Enid replied to the topic Character Hunger Games (Inspired by YWW) in the forum Genre-Writing 2 years, 6 months ago
-
Enid replied to the topic Character Hunger Games (Inspired by YWW) in the forum Genre-Writing 2 years, 6 months ago
That’s great! Careful not to accidentally delete the email draft!!
What about telling will spoil it? WHAT ABOUT TELLING WILL SPOIL IT?? That’s the definition of spoiling!! 😆
StOP speaking TRUTH 😝
-
freedom replied to the topic Character Hunger Games (Inspired by YWW) in the forum Genre-Writing 2 years, 6 months ago
-
freedom replied to the topic Character Hunger Games (Inspired by YWW) in the forum Genre-Writing 2 years, 6 months ago
@keilah-h You have a very interesting forum signature😂
-
Enid replied to the topic Character Hunger Games (Inspired by YWW) in the forum Genre-Writing 2 years, 6 months ago
but did anyone fall to Mundy’s venomous teeth or tail barb?
I can’t tell you!! 🤣 You gonna make me spoil everything!
not trying to be greedy or demanding (sorry if I sound that way) but do u have the next chapter ready yet? I (and probably everyone else) really want to see what happens next.
I really appreciate the enthusiasm ☺️ U are…[Read more]
- Load More
