-
Lin replied to the topic Tell Me About Your WIP! in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 years ago
@seekjustice I don’t remember if I’ve ever talked with you about my WIPs, but I’ve got two going for now:
1) My way-too-long thing about Magic Users and different worlds and stuff like that. Don’t really want to sum it up right now, but the arc I’m about to go into is about one summer by the ocean, including a strange cafe, mysterious…[Read more]
-
allisongrace replied to the topic Beware: Crazy Writer and Weird Nerd in the forum Start HERE 6 years ago
*shakes your hand solemnly* A pleasure to officially meet you.
XD
*fistbump* Yay, Iron Man!
Hmm, do I have to pick a favorite plant? I suppose one of my many airplants. His leaves are crazy (and fuzzy) and he looks like a sea creature. Which is why he is named Squidward. (Also, because I couldn’t resist the Marvel reference. I’m…[Read more]
-
allisongrace replied to the topic Beware: Crazy Writer and Weird Nerd in the forum Start HERE 6 years ago
Thank you! I love my profile pic. XD
I’m definitely Team Stark. XD But I agree, Cap’s ending was a little off. In a way, it felt right, but something was missing. *shrugs* Another Cap movie would be amazing!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 years ago
@rochellaine @alia @seekjustice @dekreel @valtmy
I’ll be hanging around here today. Anyone else?
-
Lin replied to the topic Heyyyyyyy in the forum Start HERE 6 years ago
@emberlynn Nice! If you ever want any series recommendations, just ask XD Your Name is a fantasy romance about a guy and a girl who switch bodies. I won’t say too much more, otherwise it’ll be spoiled.
-
ella replied to the topic Do you listen to music while you write? What kind of music do you listen to? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years ago
Inception, big time. Sooo good!! Some of the Dark Phoenix songs are good too.
-
ella's profile was updated 6 years ago
-
Lin replied to the topic Heyyyyyyy in the forum Start HERE 6 years ago
@emberlynn Shinkai is actually a fan of Ghibli, haha. His movie “Children Who Chase Lost Voices” is by far the most similar one to theirs. But more often he makes fantasy romance movies, like “Your Name” and more recently, “Weathering With You”. If you haven’t watched Your Name yet I highly recommend it! It’s renowned for being a masterpiece of an…[Read more]
-
ella replied to the topic Do you listen to music while you write? What kind of music do you listen to? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years ago
Hans Zimmer 😆
-
Riah Black replied to the topic Do you listen to music while you write? What kind of music do you listen to? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years ago
Music is a must for me as well. It helps me block out background noise and just zone in on my writing. I usually listen to ambient music or movie soundtracks (LOTR, Narnia, etc.), and occasionally classical music as well. It has to be instrumental, cause when there’s lyrics I find myself singing along XD
-
Lin replied to the topic Do you listen to music while you write? What kind of music do you listen to? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years ago
@kathleenramm I like to listen to music when doing anything. Helps me focus a lot.
Usually when I write I’ll put on whatever it is I’m into at the moment. Ranges a lot…
But more often than not I’ll open up my “Writing stuffs” playlist on Youtube, which consists of a lot of mixes, like chill, or trap, or chillstep, or swing…
-
Riah Black replied to the topic Hi, I guess? 😛 in the forum Start HERE 6 years ago
That’s for sure :))
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Database for Information in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 years ago
@jjb This is an awesome idea! 😀
I guess I could say I’m knowledgeable about horses/the equestrian world. And also the homeschooling culture??? (not sure if that’s an actual research resource or not…)
-
Lin replied to the topic Heyyyyyyy in the forum Start HERE 6 years ago
@emberlynn It wasn’t even that it was slow (I usually don’t mind slow things) it’s just with WWII and watching children suffering for a couple of hours…I couldn’t really stomach it. But, yeah, I could definitely talk about Studio Ghbili for hours. Have you watched any of Makoto Shinkai’s works?
-
Riah Black replied to the topic Hi, I guess? 😛 in the forum Start HERE 6 years ago
Fascinating discovery. Now I guess I won’t be ashamed to call myself an amateur anymore 😛
My copy is hardcover. Well, only one side of it still has the cover attached and the spine is long gone but oh well.
-
ella replied to the topic Heyyyyyyy in the forum Start HERE 6 years ago
Hey! I’m Ella. I just joined KP too! It looks like you’ve already been inundated with questions, so I’ll just say hi! 😉 (Btw, I’m also on SE. What’s your name there(optional, of course))
-
Lin replied to the topic Heyyyyyyy in the forum Start HERE 6 years ago
@emberlynn Hello!
I’ve been playing piano maybe 11, 12 years? Most of my life haha
Ooh, I love those! My top favorites are Spirited Away and Howl’s Moving Castle. I’ve watched almost all of theirs, I think, except for Grave of the Fireflies. I tried watching that twice but couldn’t get past 20 minutes.
-
Lin replied to the topic Questions/Advice for Writers in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 years ago
@gracie-j The only one I can really think of right now is: What is good grammar? How do you use it?
So maybe compile a list of common grammar mistakes or something. Good grammar can really boost writing quality.
-
ella replied to the topic Hullo : ) in the forum Start HERE 6 years ago
You like piano?  My sister is so good!!!!  She’s learning a song from the movie Inception, as well as all of Jennifer Thomas’ songs.  (You should check her out if you haven’t heard of her—so good!!😍)  I play a little bit, but not much.  I should, but…😉
Well, my name is Ella; Â I go to a classical Christian school; Â I love physics a…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Heyyyyyyy in the forum Start HERE 6 years ago
@emberlynn Hello! Nice to meet you!
I’m on SE as well, hehet.
Ooh, I like puzzles and piano and languages as well. And I also love Studio Ghibli! What are your favorite films of theirs?
- Load More
