Beware: Crazy Writer and Weird Nerd

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Beware: Crazy Writer and Weird Nerd

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    allisongrace
    @allisongrace
      • Total Posts: 17

Hello there! *snickers and wonders if anyone got that reference*

*wonders if anyone got the second reference too*

So, you might recognize me. I’ve been on KP before (years ago) and on SE for a while too. I’m most active on YDubs (a.k.a. The Young Writer’s Workshop), so if you’ve been exposed to my weirdness before (I’m sorry if you have), that’s probably where.

And if you don’t know who I am, run away now. *winks*

A list of things about me because that’s more interesting than paragraphs:

• It should go without saying, but I’m a Christian. I love the Lord Jesus with all my heart and want my whole life to be pleasing to Him. <3
      • I write YA fantasy
      • I also like writing flash fiction
      • I have a blog
      • I prefer writing by hand to typing. I drafted my first book by hand and am currently working on two more major projects in notebooks.
      • I have a lot of plants
      • I crochet a lot. Like A LOT. I’ve made a ton of dolls and I just might spend more time crocheting than writing some days. XD
      • I love audiobooks
      • I’m a college student (Liberty University Online for the win!)
      • I’m Team Iron Man (sorry Cap)
      • BB-8 is the cutest
      • I love the book of Philippians
      • I write fan fiction for fun and to relieve stress (don’t judge)
      • I love The Ilyon Chronicles
      • I have read LotR and seen the movies (except all the Hobbit ones).
      • I’m secretly an Avenger
      • I love anatomy
      • I can talk SW or MCU for HOURS.
      • I overly analyze stories and enjoy watching YouTube videos and listening to podcasts about movies and what they did good and where they flopped.

You made it to the end! *gives you cookies*

I’m super excited to get to know you all and engage with you on the forum!

Soli Deo Gloria!

Alien and Sojourner in a Foreign Land
      @william-starkey
        • Total Posts: 634

@allisongrace (nice profile picture) *wonders what references she meant* *chuckles mysteriously*

I only recognize your name (somewhat vaguely); probably from SE, which I was formerly on.

Number I: Awesome! So am I.

Number II: I write fantasy as well, though definitely not YA.

Number III: Cool! I don’t. (XD)

Number IV: Nice! So do I; I also have a website (which the Blog is on)…and a Forum (on the website, as well). Which I’ll probably end up deleting, and then re-adding. The Forum, that is.

Number V: Very nice! (I’m kinda crazy about notebooks…I have, uhh…thirty-two, I think? XD) I enjoy writing my projects down on paper, as well (which I do a lot more than on the computer), but I prefer the computer for various other reasons, too. Plus, it’s faster.

Number VI: I don’t own any plants, but there are quite a few on the property on which I live; we have a large garden here. As large as we can go within town limits. XD

Number VII: Very cool! I know people who do; but I definitely do not.

Number VIII: Nice! I don’t like audiobooks, unless they are Hank the Cowdog or…Jonathan Park or…a sermon or something. Those first two are mainly just interesting to listen to, but I don’t do it a lot. Mainly on road trips with my family. We like the humour.

Number 8.1: I’m a bibliophile in both respects.

Number IX: Great! What are you majoring and/or minoring in? I am of a definite note, NOT in collage at the moment. I’m in high school. (Surprise! Surprise!)

Number X: Iron Man is one of my favourite Avengers, so I get you there (have I mentioned that I like your profile picture? Maybe not. Nice profile picture. XD) Though I’m on Cap’s team definitely. he had a great beard in Infinity War. NOTE: Isn’t Iron Man’s suit in Endgame awesome?

Number XI: NEGATIVE.

Number XII: Most definitely POSITIVE!

Number XIII: I’ve no idea what fan fiction is. Which means I probably don’t write it. XD!

Number XIV: Uh…cool! I have absolutely NO IDEA what The Ilyon Chronicles is.

Number XV: Great! I have read for the most part The Lord of the Rings, but I’m rereading all the way through it right now. And I’ve seen all the movies (both the Hobbit and the LOTR), and I’ve read The Hobbit and The Silmarillion, as well. As well as some others of Tolkien’s works. My opinions? I love the movies, but sometimes I have to appreciate each of these movies and the books as different stories/ideas/etc. That is, the Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. The Silmarillion was great!

Number XVI: Really?!! So am I! (I, uh…I’m Spider-man.)

Kathleen
        @kathleenramm
          • Total Posts: 635

What?! There’s an Avenger on the forum!? And not just any Avenger, but an Avenger that writes fantasy and crochets?

*seriously starts to reconsider who favorite Avenger is*

I used to do a lot of crocheting when I was younger as well. I would just crochet for hours on end while listening to audiobooks. But then my sketching hobby took over my crocheting hobby and now I sketch for hours on end listening to audiobooks. XD

Your probably the only person I know that writes all their novels by hand! It must take a lot of patients, but your handwriting is probably steller because of it! How many notebooks does it take to write an entire novel?

I’m currently in the middle of reading The Two Towers! Which book of the LotR is your favorite?

I started reading the LotR right after reading the most AWFUL fantasy book that I won’t say the name of, so just reading the first page felt like a breath of fresh air.

Oh, and one more thing, what kind of fanfiction do you write?

allisongrace
          @allisongrace

@leon-fleming

Hi! Sorry it took so long for me to respond. 🙃

Wow. That was long, but so much fun to read!

I’m glad you like my profile pic! I found it on Google and promptly fell in love. XD I like yours too! Is it one of your characters?

YES! Iron Man’s suit in Endgame (and Infinity War) is amazing! However, I dislike Cap’s beard. XD

Fan fic is when you write original stories with characters and/or worlds that are not your own. For example, I’m writing a very strange Avengers fan fic that’s basically what would have happened if Endgame never happened and Thanos kidnapped Tony Stark and forced him to make missiles to destroy the world’s largest cities. It also involves explosions, popsicles, tuna salad, and plot holes the size of the moon.

The Ilyon Chronicles is a non-magical, allegorical fantasy series by Jaye L. Knight. It’s AMAZING. *coughs* Go read it. *coughs*

Shh, don’t reveal your secret identity! Though it’s nice to meet you, Spiderman!

allisongrace
            @allisongrace

@kathleenramm

It’s so good to meet you!

Yes! Another person who sits for hours and listens to audiobooks! I wish I was good at sketching, but alas, my talents lie in other areas. XD

Well, I’ve had comments on my handwriting range from “wow, that’s really nice” to “what does this even say?” XD

My first novel took up about 1.5 single subject spiral notebooks. But back then, I didn’t really have any descriptions or much of anything besides dialogue. So I’m not sure how many I’d take up now. XD One of my current projects is two chapters in and is taking up 6 pages, front and back, of a college-ruled notebook, single spaced. I don’t have an average word count per page yet, but I should go figure that out. XD

Hmm, my favorite LotR book would probably be Return of the King. I’m honestly basing that off the movies because I don’t remember that much about the books. XD It took me over a year to read the whole thing.

Ooo! Thanks for asking! Currently, I’m working on an Avengers fan fic (I put a brief description in my reply to Leon), but I wrote a TON of Star Wars stories when I was first starting out. Basically, my fan fiction consists of my throwing my favorite characters in to horrible situations and forcing them to make choices. And plenty of adorable character interactions.

allisongrace
              @allisongrace

@leon-fleming

Oops, forgot to answer one of your questions! I’m majoring in English with a minor in creative writing!

Alien and Sojourner in a Foreign Land
                @william-starkey
                  • Total Posts: 634

@allisongrace That’s alright!

XD My personality strikes again! (It can get chaotic, so BEWARE! XD)

Yep; definitely a great pic. Oh, uh (XD), nope! That’s me.

Seriously! But how can you NOT possibly like Cap’s beard?! I honestly thought it was a great improvement. Change works, right?

OHHHH. So that’s fan fiction. Got it. Sounds interesting. I think I’d like that a WHOLE lot. I would totally do it with the Amazing Spider-man 2.

Oh, okay; I’ve heard of Jaye L. Knight, but I haven’t read any of her books. Apparently she hasn’t changed her website at all in a long time…

XD Don’t worry, I’ve got that covered. Secret identity is my, uh…number one Jason Bourne skill.

Nice! What kinds of writing do you write besides fan fiction?

Kathleen
                  @kathleenramm

@allisongrace

I definitely agree about how it’s fun seeing your favorite character go the literal worst together, but also have some sweet relationship-building moments through it all as well. But I usually daydream about it because I’ve never attempted writing fanfic. Partly because I’m too worried that I’d ruin my favorite characters, and partly because character creation is one of my favorite things about creative writing.

You write Star Wars fanfic too? Do you just write Avenger and Star Wars fanfic, or are there others that you write as well?

Oh, and speaking of Star Wars… I have a controversial question for you; What is the best, and what is the worst out of the three eras, The original Star Wars, The prequels, or the Disney Sequels?

And thanks for The Ilyon Chronicles recommendation, it’s getting harder and harder for me to find good books I haven’t read yet!

allisongrace
                    @allisongrace

@leon-fleming

Besides fan fic, I mainly write fantasy. I can’t tell you about my current project because it’s a secret. XD (Just because not telling anyone about my ideas keeps me more motivated and also wards off discouragement when someone thinks it’s a dumb idea. XD)

I wrote a novel a year ago about a group of elves and humans. They were trying to get the rightful king back on the throne, but then the guy died. PLOT TWIST! Hehe.

I’m also working on some flash fiction which is really fun. It’s entertaining to write because I often write them entirely from the top of my head. Then someone will ask me if something represents something and I’ll be like, “uh, I don’t know, it just sorta happened that way.” XD

allisongrace
                      @allisongrace

@kathleenramm

I once started a Pirates of the Caribbean fan fic, but I never finished it. Avengers and SW are my current favorite fandoms, so when I write fan fic, they’re my go-to. I wrote some Narnia fan fic ages ago.

Ooo, that’s a hard question… The best are probably the originals. They’re classic and fun. The worst I’d have to say are the sequels. I just really didn’t like Rey. Kylo was my favorite character, but I also loved Poe, Finn, and BB-8. They did some things right with the sequels, but the movies were just meh. Which trilogy is your favorite?

I do however, LOVE the spin-off TV show SW Rebels. It is amazing!

I know! It’s hard to find good books these days. *crying* I think you’ll really enjoy The Ilyon Chronicles!

Linyang Zhang
                        @devastate-lasting
                          • Total Posts: 1700

@allisongrace Hello! You kind of look familiar, but I’m not sure.

Oh wow someone else who likes handwriting! I have drafted everything that I’ve written so far by hand. I think it’s way easier to have a visual goal in front of you as well as calculating word counts and managing goals. And also you don’t get distracted as easily.

Do you name your plants?

Lately, it's been on my brain
                          Would you mind letting me know
                          If hours don't turn into days

Kathleen
                          @kathleenramm

@allisongrace

It’s hard to say what my favorite SW saga is because it’s been forever since I watched the originals, and the only prequel I was able to sit through was The Phantom Menace. (Sorry if any of you love the prequels, I just couldn’t stand the cringy dialogue and the CGI blinded my eyes.)

That being said, I guess my rankings from least favorite to favorite would have to be, prequels, sequels, the originals.

But I’ll have to watch them again now that I’m a bit older than eight.XD

@leon-fleming   I’m with ya on the pro-beard Captain America. I wasn’t sure about the beard at first, but then when I watched Endgame I wished he still had it. I guess you could say it grew on me hehe… *cringes at pun* sorry.

*Instantly regrets making a pun, but keeps it in reply anyway*

allisongrace
                            @allisongrace

@devastate-lasting

Hi! I seem to remember you as well! XDYes! Handwriting definitely keeps me from getting distracted by the internet. *coughs* Like that ever happens.

I do name my plants! Unfortunately, most of the ones that had names have passed on *plays Taps* but currently we have Clyde, Ike, Albert, and Tony. XD

allisongrace
                              @allisongrace

@kathleenramm @leon-fleming

Okay, okay, Cap’s beard isn’t terrible. XD It just strikes me as odd that all the other movies he’s in, there’s no beard. Then, poof!, he has one. And just as soon as you get used to it, it’s gone! But I do kinda like it after thinking about it. XD

*end of random rant*

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by allisongrace.
                                Linyang Zhang
                                @devastate-lasting
                                  • Total Posts: 1700

@allisongrace Haha yeah I still get pulled in by the internet all the time XD

Oh, rest in peace, plants. Do you name plants after characters/people or do you look at one and think, “That one looks like an Ike”?

Lately, it's been on my brain
                                  Would you mind letting me know
                                  If hours don't turn into days

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >