-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Witnessing to Non-Christians Through Our Stories in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 5 years, 8 months ago
This is a GREAT TOPIC!!! Even though, I don’t write Christian fiction, I’m hoping in some small way, that maybe my stories could change lives. I’m not sure how God’s gonna do that yet, but I’m just gonna let Him steer the way!!! But I LOVED hearing your thoughts, as always, on these things!!!!! I don’t really have any answers to…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Where do you find motivation? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
YAY!!!! You’re back!!! *happy dance* How did the whole three days in the wilderness without wifi go? Annnddd oooooh, that quote is just EPIC!!!!! I LOVE IT TOO!!!!!!!!! 😍
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic United as Christians in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Ahem!
That is incredibly true and you put it magnificently. It’s true that I’m not a type or category of believer. I’m a Christian:)
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic 5 AM Writing Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
I’d love to do this, but I won’t be able to do it until next week at the latest. If you want to start before that, depending on how many days you guys do it, maybe I could jump in a bit later? If not, that’s fine.
Usually, I’m a Night Writer, but I think this would be extremely fun. -
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Q&A w/ Caitlin Lambert in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
This is SO amazing!
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Those bookmarks are simply beautiful! I love how you were able to format their original collages into bookmarks and still be equally as stunning.
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Witnessing to Non-Christians Through Our Stories in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 5 years, 8 months ago
I love this topic:) Many years ago, I used to think that I couldn’t serve God by writing unless I only wrote sermons (Narnia helped me with that one), but there is a great article on KP called: Three Ways to Write Christian Fiction For a Secular Audience.
I agree, how as writers, our stories can alter lives. -
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Hullo : ) in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 8 months ago
Hi! You can call me Abigail and I may be a little late saying ‘welcome!’… but anyway, welcome!
My favorite books are: The Bible, Dark Horse, Narnia and a huge assortment of others. I could go on for a while, but I should get to work on my ‘to read’ list:)
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 5 years, 8 months ago
Would your character rather choose freedom but no home or home, but no freedom?
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 5 years, 8 months ago
My MC would live off the grid (she already does)-
@urgoza
Never say anything remotely funny-
And call every by their first name.
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Need Some Advice in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
So first off, I completely understand your dilemma. In fact, it has been one of my top (if not my number one) problem that I face a writer.
I had a novel that I’d been working on for six months. It was a fantasy and I had had my pen pal and a few relatives beta reading it for awhile. I was getting a little winded in writing it, w…[Read more]
-
Abigail.M. replied to the topic Where do you find motivation? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
“Bottom line: Don’t forget humans aren’t the only creatures in the world who can impact a story. There are literally trillions of other life-forms ready to twist your stories in new directions.” -Robert Lee Brewer.
Tagging: @issawriter7 @KeePers
-
Lin replied to the topic Hullo : ) in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 8 months ago
@libby No worries about replying late! I totally get that!
(Btw, you’re very pretty…reminds me of one of my friends…)
Some of my favorite books have been East of Eden, The Little Prince, My Sweet Orange Tree, and Night on the Galactic Railroad! I enjoy reading classics and manga and foreign literature. Right now I write mainly fantasy, but…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic What is a popular book that you dislike? Why do you dislike it? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 8 months ago
@nova21 (I read Oliver Twist three times in one year in two languages I highly recommend)
-
ella replied to the topic What is a popular book that you dislike? Why do you dislike it? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 8 months ago
I FEEL YOU!!! I LOVE P&P soooo much!!! I’ve never read Oliver Twist, but I probably should… 😉
(btw, I love your pfp—you remind me of my cousin, Pauline haha 😊)
-
Lin replied to the topic Struggling Mentally and Emotionally With Your WIP. in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@joy-caroline Aw thanks sister. I’m glad to hear you’re pursuing your dreams. At this point I’ve long accepted it though and it’s too late to change anyway and I’m sure I’ll grow to like it, so it’s fine. Thanks for your words, though!
-
Lin replied to the topic Writing Resources! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@joy-caroline Ever since I switched computers I haven’t been able to use Word because it’s not free anymore but now I use WPS office! Works almost as nicely, though the hyphens I haven’t been able to figure out how to convert into dashes.
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Struggling Mentally and Emotionally With Your WIP. in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Yep!! That’s totally right!!! I think it’s awesome how you’re not letting that stop you and all. I know God’s got a super awesome plan for you!!!!!!!!!!!! <33 <33
Oooh, YEA!!! I forgot about Miriam. There’s a lot more girls than I realized in the Bible.
-
Annika C. replied to the topic Brandon Sanderson Books??? in the forum Book Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
I whole-heartedly recommend Brandon Sanderson’s Steelheart, Firefight, adn Calamaity (all three books of the Reckoners Trilogy) THEY ARE AMAZING!!
-
ella replied to the topic Writing First Chapters… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Oh yeah!! I forgot about her (😬). Yeah, she was so nice!!
- Load More
