Hullo : )

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hullo : )

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Libby
    @libby
      • Total Posts: 59

@kathleenramm The Hunger Games sound like such a cool series.  I’ve got the first book, and I’m hoping to dive in soon.  Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and a little more on the other books, too.  I’ve added them to my ever-growing TBR list : )

That’s so neat that you’re so invested in learning Korean.  I’ve never absolutely loved learning Japanese, so I honestly admire your endeavor to learn the language.  But yes, I do understand wanting to watch shows without subtitles or read books smoothly!  I like watching Ghibli movies (if you’ve heard of them) and some of them I’ve watched since I was a little girl so I can catch the story and dialogue pretty well, but others… well, it’s not my favorite thing to watch with the subtitles ; )

To answer your question, I’m half-Japanese : )

I loved reading about your family.  That’s so special, Kathleen, thank you for sharing.

I have three older siblings, we’re all about 3 1/2 years apart.  But sometimes over the last few years, and especially now, I’ve sort of been like an only child.  My sister is looking toward marriage this summer, and my other brothers have already moved out.  I think it’s been really hard letting go, especially with my brother closest to me in age.  But it’s also been really good. It’s certainly been a growing experience, just learning to surrender what I treasure to the Father, striving to walk worthy of the Christ through the aching, and finding refreshment in his Word.

I didn’t mean to turn that into a “What I Learned in 2020” kind of thing, haha, but actually… if you don’t mind answering, what are some of the things you learned in 2020?  And where do you look forward to growing most in 2021? (this can relate to your writing life, spiritual walk, or just life in general.)

It’s always so encouraging to hear from other people, so even if you’re not Kathleen, please feel free to share : )

Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo

Libby
      @libby

@devastate-lasting

I completely understand not wanting to read through all the longgg posts ; ) Not a worry.

To answer your questions, I like to play classical piano mostly, though I enjoy hymn-arrangements and some movie soundtracks.  Genres I like to read include biographies, history, historical fiction, faery tales, classics, theology, Christian living, poetry, philosophy, some fantasy and some sci-fi… but if a book is well-written, engaging, and not a thriller, I generally enjoy it.  Genres I write lean toward historical fiction and poetry, but recently I’ve been branching out into sci-fi.

You said you share about yourself when specific questions are asked, so… I hope you don’t mind and please don’t feel pressured to answer, but what are some of your favorite books?  What genres do you like to write in?  What sort of music do you like to play?  And how did you hear about Kingdom Pen?

Thank you so much for your welcome, Linyang : )

Libby
        @libby

Please forgive me, everyone I responded to in the last week, for not replying sooner!  Life got a little crazy during the fall and in December, but I’m hoping to get back into the community in the coming months.  Thanks for your patience.

In Christ,

Libby

Anonymous
            • Total Posts: 1379

@libby

Hello! I don’t think we’ve met before. As you can see, I’m Joy Caroline, but you can call me Joy, JC, Caroline… whatever you want 🙂

Great seeing you around the Kingdom!!!

Linyang Zhang
            @devastate-lasting
              • Total Posts: 1700

@libby No worries about replying late! I totally get that!

(Btw, you’re very pretty…reminds me of one of my friends…)

Some of my favorite books have been East of Eden, The Little Prince, My Sweet Orange Tree, and Night on the Galactic Railroad! I enjoy reading classics and manga and foreign literature. Right now I write mainly fantasy, but I’ve also been branching out into slice-of-life and crime. Especially crime. I play piano, was trained classical, but I also enjoy playing pop songs or other stuff as well. I’ve also gotten into playing the kalimba, and I want to learn the guzheng as well. One of my older friends introduced me to Kingdom Pen back when I started writing, and I joined around then too. It’s been very helpful!

Feel free to chat with us in other areas of the forum, like the “WIP chat”!

Lately, it's been on my brain
              Would you mind letting me know
              If hours don't turn into days

Abigail.M.
              @abigail-m
                • Total Posts: 1242

@libby

Hi! You can call me Abigail and I may be a little late saying ‘welcome!’… but anyway, welcome!

My favorite books are: The Bible, Dark Horse, Narnia and a huge assortment of others. I could go on for a while, but I should get to work on my ‘to read’ list:)

Libby
                @libby

@joy-caroline Thank you for stopping by 😀 It’s always lovely meeting another Keeper.  I look forward to getting to know you more around the forum!

@devastate-lasting
                  Thank you so much, Linyang <3 That’s so kind of you to say that.  Haha, it seems like I remind people of their different friends or family, I guess… maybe I just have that kind of face ^.^

That’s so neat that you play kalimba – my brother has one and enjoys playing bits of songs here and there, but not a lot of people I know have heard of them.

I don’t think I’ve read any of your favorite books, but The Little Prince and East of Eden have been on my TBR for a little while.

Thank you for the invite.  I’ll definitely look into the other chats : )

@abigail-m
                  Thank you for your welcome, Abigail!  Haha, yes, the never-ending “to-read” list, and also the never-ending stack of favorite books.  I get that.  It’s lovely to meet you, looking forward to knowing you better through the forum!

Abigail.M.
                  @abigail-m
                    • Total Posts: 1242

@libby

You too:)

Anonymous
                      • Total Posts: 1379

@libby

Yay! See ya around the Kingdom!

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    >