Brandon Sanderson Books???

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Book Discussions Brandon Sanderson Books???

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ella
    @nova21
      • Total Posts: 604

Heyooo!!!!!  Ok.  So I’m looking for books to read while hunkering down in quarantine… 😉

I’ve heard so many AMAZING things about Brandon Sanderson’s books, but I’m not sure which ones I should try first.

1)  Do y’all have any suggestions for which of his books to read first?

2)  Or any other random book suggestions that you absolutely ADORE!!! ? 😊

I’d LOVE to hear them!!!

Tagging some people:

@jenwriter17
      , @gracie-j, @imwritehere1920, @godlyfantasy12, @joy-caroline, @kathleenramm, @devastate-lasting, @annika-c, @scoutfinch180, @lewilliams, @e-k-seaver, @seekjustice, @william-starkey, @i-cant-think-of-anymore-tags-but-please-feel-free-to-answer-because-all-your-suggestions-are-valued-wink-wink

what we do in life echoes in eternity
      -gladiator, 2000

Jenna Terese
      @jenwriter17
        • Total Posts: 2522

@nova21 The only one I’ve read by him is Steelheart; I’m still in the middle of reading it, but it’s really good so far (a small bit of bad language though, just so you know).

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
        www.jennaterese.com

Linyang Zhang
        @devastate-lasting
          • Total Posts: 1700

@nova21 I have not read any of Brandon Sanderson’s books…but I can give you random recommendations! I highly recommend Bryan Davis’s Dragons in Our Midst and Oracles of Fire series. Some of my favorite fantasy series. Christian, too.

Lately, it's been on my brain
          Would you mind letting me know
          If hours don't turn into days

ella
          @nova21

@jenwriter7, @devastate-lasting

Cool, thanks!!!  I’ll order those from the library as soon as I can. 😉

-gladiator, 2000

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 1379

@nova21

I have actually never heard of Brandon Sanderson, so I wouldn’t be the best person to give you a recommendation for that 😂

But I will recommend to you my favorite books that you absolutely NEED to read if you haven’t already!

1. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. This is my favorite fiction book, I absolutely LOVE it! It will change your life, seriously. It changed mine.

2. The Two from Galilee trilogy by Marjorie Holmes. The books (in order) are called Two from Galilee, Three from Galilee, and The Messiah. They’re fictional retellings of the life of Jesus Christ. The first is Mary and Joseph’s love story; the second is Jesus’ “silent years” of childhood and young manhood; and the third is Jesus’ public ministry. These books are wonderful and they make Jesus and his family and friends SO real! I definitely recommend reading them – in fact, they’re what inspired me to write Biblical fiction myself.

3. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. Set during the Holocaust, this book is really moving and really sad!

4. The entire Anne of Green Gables series. There are eight books in all. (Well, there’s actually a ninth, The Blythes are Quoted, but the themes in that book are quite a bit darker than L.M. Montgomery’s usual work, so I don’t usually recommend it to people. Unless you don’t mind darker themes, but the book was a little too dark for my taste.) Anyways, the series is so so so good and I definitely recommend it! My top favorites are Rilla of Ingleside (book #8); Rainbow Valley (book #7); and, of course, Anne of Green Gables (book #1).

Those are just some random recommendations of books I LOVE! I think you should totally give them a try.

GodlyFantasy12
              @godlyfantasy12
                • Total Posts: 6645

@nova21 Story thieves, half upon a time and Kingdom Keepers!! Look into them!!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                #ProtectMarcel
                #ProtectSeb

Scoutillus Finch
                @scoutfinch180
                  • Total Posts: 413

@nova21

Ok, here aer some of mine:

• Wingfeather Saga by Andrew Peterson: I love this series. Probably some of the best modern books I’ve read. As far as content, there is very little potty humor on a VERY small scale (and it’s between little boys, so it doesn’t feel useless because it’s something young boys would do (no offense to any guys reading this)), and some moments that, cinematically, would be disturbing, but in a book, not so much. But look out for your eyes: there are some moments in the story that made me cry. All in all, very sweet with a deep theme and amazing characters (including a person with mental disabilities who is my favorite ❤*fond smiling over memories*). Also, there are plenty of instances for a good laugh and it is targeted for all-ages, kind of like Chronicles of Narnia.
                  • Phantastes By George MacDonald: This one is awesome. C.S. Lewis said that it ‘baptized his imagination’ he read it before he became a Christian and in my mind it is an awesome example of a good fantasy novel. There is vague mentioning of witchcraft that a character in a story the MC reads uses, but it is not lauded, and there is kissing that happens and hugging. this book was intended for adult readers and is awesome. Also, it is one of the novels that shaped the fantasy genre as we know it today. (i also recommend this author’s children’s stories, i haven’t read them all, but all the ones i’ve read are good).
                  • Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis. Must read. Exposes many of the way Satan tries to tempt us.

We crazy people are the normal ones.

ella
                  @nova21

@joy-caroline

have read the AOGG books, but none of the others on your list.  I’ll definitely add them to mine though!!  (Personally, my favorite books were #3 Anne of the Island and #8 Rilla of Ingleside 😍  AMAZING BOOKS!!!!!!)

@godlyfantasy12

Definitely will, thanks for the suggestions!!!!! 😃

@scoutfinch180

I’ve read the Wingfeather Saga books, and they are INCREDIBLE!!!!  Totally agree with you!!!  I’ve never read the other two, but I’ll definitely give them a try!!!  Thanks!!! 😃

-gladiator, 2000

Annika C.
                    @annika-c
                      • Total Posts: 19

I whole-heartedly recommend Brandon Sanderson’s Steelheart, Firefight, adn Calamaity (all three books of the Reckoners Trilogy) THEY ARE AMAZING!!

consistency and passion are key

Anonymous
                        • Total Posts: 1379

@nova21

AWESOME!! I’ve met so many people who’ve read just the first book, but they miss out on the full experience! The series makes Anne even better!!

I enjoyed Anne of the Island, too! And Rilla of Ingleside is so so good! It will always hold a very dear place in my heart because it’s the first book that made me cry.

And yay that you’re going to add those books to your list! They are amazing, you will love them!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      >