@felicity
Active 4 months, 1 week ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 812
-
Esther replied to the topic Magic systems!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
Thx!! 😄
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Songs/Playlists! in the forum Music 3 years, 7 months ago
@freedomwriter76 @godlyfantasy12 @lightoverdarkness6 @mineralizedwritings
Imma just post the playlists cuz I really want to. 😜 They’re still a bit short because I haven’t written any of the book yet. 🙂
(L. C. Is short for Leanna Crawford)
Audrey
Truth I’m Standing On — L. C.
Fragile Heart — L. C.
How Can You Not — L. C.
Crazy Beautiful Yo…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic THE CRAZY SLEEPOVER WHATEVER WE WANT RP! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
@felicity That was too cute. I’m waiting for someone else to have a turn revealing their secrets before I RP.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
@mineralizedwritings @princesachronicle22 @loopylin
Allen
Serin collapsed, having decapitated the monster. Ellie shouted her name.
She and Allen knelt beside the creature.
Layson comes by too. “Serin, you all right?”
Ellie suddenly jumped to her feet. “Wait! Where’s Dante?”
“I’ll find him.” Allen looked around.
There.
In the…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Magic systems!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
Coo! Whatever direction you go with it, it sounds like it would be really fun to read!
-
Esther replied to the topic Magic systems!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
Cool! So it sounds like you have the beginning of a elemental magic system (doesn’t have to be, but that’s always a fun route). Would there be a over arching theme for all the abilities? Would they emphasize some biblibical principles, perhaps ones learned specifically in the book of Esther?
Good question… cuz… I don’t know. 😬…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 3 years, 7 months ago
@mineralizedwritings Nice!!! I like the profile view of your charrie.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
@theloonyone @loopylin Sorry I’m so late. I was out on a trip, and yesterday was my birthday. So hopefully I’ll get back into the swing of things now….
Crosshair
“I just woke up here. A few minutes ago. Are there more people here?” the man asked. Apparently his name was Elliot.
“There are.” Crosshair explained. “Exactly why we’re here in…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Excited to be here in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
@80strish That’s cool!
-
Esther replied to the topic Race VS Culture in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
Great question!
I definitely agree that race is more outward appearance, but culture is the way of life of a certain group of people.
I see your problem concerning classifying Shifters and such. 🤔 I would say to put them in both. The Wolf Shifters would be their own culture and their own race. But they still are in the race of…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Magic systems!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
Cool! So it sounds like you have the beginning of a elemental magic system (doesn’t have to be, but that’s always a fun route). Would there be a over arching theme for all the abilities? Would they emphasize some biblibical principles, perhaps ones learned specifically in the book of Esther?
-
Esther replied to the topic Tips, tricks, descriptions and new words! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
Cool topic idea!!
I definitely struggle with description. Mostly because I forget to put it there in the first place. 😂
My uncle introduced me to the word “askance” and I’ve been waiting for the just the write time to use it in one of my books. XD
Also does anyone here know anything about describing people? Do they do it all in one…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
@thearcaneaxiom @whalekeeper Not rude at all! I can see you’re really into it. I’m like that with my favorite shows too.
-
Esther replied to the topic Magic systems!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
So I have no magic systems in my current WIP, but when I go back to Refined, (a fantasy retelling of the story of Queen Esther. [Not super close, but close enough so that it’s recognizable]) I may add in more of a magic system. All I have as of now are seven different tribes with unique abilities given to them by God. So I’m not e…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Tips, tricks, descriptions and new words! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
Also does anyone here know anything about describing people? Do they do it all in one place or do they spread it all throughout the chapter or whole book? I spread it out usually, but then think its better to read it all in one place…
That really depends on many many factors. Including your writing style, how much is relevant to c…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 3 years, 7 months ago
Those look so cool!! Good job!! 😀
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 3 years, 7 months ago
Cool! So they seem to each have there own medallion or something. Are they like some kind of group that controls some elements or something? What are there goals and motives as the villains?
-
Allison replied to the topic Tips, tricks, descriptions and new words! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
Another word that just popped into my head is “Somnambulism” which is basically a fancy word for sleepwalking, but it sound more exciting 😀
Also does anyone here know anything about describing people? Do they do it all in one place or do they spread it all throughout the chapter or whole book? I spread it out usually, but then think its better…[Read more]
-
Allison replied to the topic Tips, tricks, descriptions and new words! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
That is an amazing description!! It defiantly would pull the reader in. I love the description of the blanket, It’s kind of sad and happy at the same time 🙂
-
Allison replied to the topic Tips, tricks, descriptions and new words! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
@godlyfantasy12I
I have a whole book on crazy words (that I can’t get to at the moment) but I’ll have to share a few on here!
Oooh, great! I’m excited to see some! Also, yes I do love to write description but either I feel like I write to much so that it bores the reader or to little so no one knows what I’m writing about 🙂
- Load More
