Excited to be here

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Excited to be here

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    80sTrish
    @80strish
      • Total Posts: 29

@thearcaneaxiom

Ok, let me see if I got this. If I want to say “But what about Dragons?” I would say: Rahdooroo kooreemahroo mahrahdihdooroo Kahvihmahmeedihrihmoo?

Yes, that is correct! Dee kahdihrih’roo reemahkoosah mahrihvoorooreedeerihmee koodeerooree Kahvihmahmeedihrihmoo vihdeemeereeroo rihdihkoo rahdooroo rooreesahvoo’vihsah dahdihdihvee.

I’d actually love to hear about Shal’le society! Your conlang sounds really creative, I don’t know if I’d be able to do that. It seems like a lot of work (especially with a whole second layer) and I’d probably get sidetracked *shrug*

Wama-lama-bama-lama
      God is king but rock 'n roll might be second

TheArcaneAxiom
      @thearcaneaxiom
        • Total Posts: 1251

I don’t have anything with dragons right now but they’re cool

Cool!

I’d actually love to hear about Shal’le society! Your conlang sounds really creative, I don’t know if I’d be able to do that. It seems like a lot of work (especially with a whole second layer) and I’d probably get sidetracked *shrug*

Thank! Nah, anyone could totally make a conlang, even if it’s incomplete, it can still be something to add to your world.

The Shal’le are a people found in Omialia, the third of seven epochs in my Septrum, which is the equivalent to a planet in this multiverse, but it is very different. Omialia is essentially perceived as a field of planetoids closely packed together, and each having their own gravitational field (don’t worry about those physics not making sense, I’ve worked out a whole different standard model of particles and up!). Now given that setting, I can actually get to the Shal’le. The Shal’le’s history goes before that of Omialia, but though I know their origins, I will not reveal them here. The Shal’le typically have deep red hair, and in the back of there heads you see their skulls slightly enlarged, and a single crease going down the middle, and is often a bald spot on both men and women. It is taboo for the crease to be visible on Shal’le women, so they usually wear a head piece. Now the fun stuff:) The Shal’le have great potential in intellect. However there is an issue, they have to live with themselves. One side of yourself says you want to eat something, but the other side says you want to go on a walk. They deal with a constant strain of figuring out how to make a single decision. Think of it as a whole race and culture of people with bipolar disorder, and/or split-mind (both interesting to learn about). This is a huge problem, how do they operate as a people if they can’t even operate as an individual? This indirectly leads to intense family values. Family is a core unit in all culture, where it’s the parents responsibility to teach their children, but to the Shal’le, it’s a matter of life and death. It is their belief that Shal’le parents have a divine responsibility beyond that of human parents, to teach their children what is called Rrachelek. Rrachelek essentially means self mastery. It is the core of Shal’le civilization. Without it, their whole race would likely fizzle out. If a child does not learn to act diplomatically with themself, Then they are condemned to a life of indecision, which may lead to even their demise. Thus family values are placed as a top priority above that of anything else. This self mastery is not easy to learn, in earth years, it is around the 14-17 that most get it. So it essentially acts as a coming of age, once you master yourself, you’ve begun adulthood. A sacred ceremony takes place to celebrate. When children are still young, and don’t have Rrachelek, they are very vulnerable in more ways then one. Their ability to multitask, and inability to make their own decisions at a young age actually makes them ideal slaves. This attracts a particular group of humans called the T’ashin, from the northen deserts. They will often come and raid smaller villages on the outskirts of the Shal’le regions. So defense becomes important, and general distaste for humans surfaces. Humans are slow, short sighted, and stubborn. Of course, the Ring Union tries to keep healthy trade with the Shal’le, not wanting any tensions already there to increase…

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

Gwyndalf the Wise
        @gwyndalf-the-wise
          • Total Posts: 404

@80strish

I also really like my antagonist(s) for this story! I don’t really want to say much more about my antagonist(s) because it’s a huge plot point, but honestly, Jannira is kind of the least interesting one right now which is a definite problem…

SAME. XD I’d like to rant about my antagonist because I just found out some great plot twists with him but…that’d be some serious spoilage, so…yeah. XD

Yay! I went looking for any drawings I did for it but all I could find were the bad guys’ weapons.

I do have a lot of short written snippets with dramatic descriptions & such from working out the plot. Working on a story without dramatic descriptions… I’ll miss them, but I can have pictures! And that’ll probably work better for the dramatic fight scene(s?).

Cool! I’ve drawn a couple of my characters and drew concepts for a walking stick for my fantasy story. And for the fan-fiction I’ve drawn some concepts for two characters but that’s about it…

XD That sounds fun. I’m in the process of figuring out an ending and villain for the fantasy story so I haven’t written much for it yet…

For the fan-fiction I’m working on figuring out villain’s motivation and why the MC wanted to be a spy and also outlining it. That shouldn’t take too long so I should start drafting it soon, I hope.

"...I did not say to the seed of Jacob, 'Seek Me in vain..."
          (Part of) Isaiah 45:19

Keilah H.
          @keilah-h
            • Total Posts: 3875

@80strish

Hello!! I’m Keilah. I see you like songs. Smell the Color 9 is a good one.

Weird question: If you’re an 80’s person, what’s your opinion on the movies from that period? I know Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back was released in 1980, and the first Tron was released two years later. Those were both cool, although Tron had a really choppy plot. (Its 2010 sequel Tron Legacy was amazing though, but that’s beside the point.)

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

80sTrish
            @80strish

@keilah-h

What’s your opinion on the movies from that period? I know Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back was released in 1980, and the first Tron was released two years later.

I haven’t seen Tron, and Star Wars isn’t really my thing. I’m realizing now that I actually haven’t seen very many movies from the period, though I’d like to.

I have seen one called “Mannequin” which had some weird parts but was overall enjoyable, especially the music!

Wama-lama-bama-lama

Keilah H.
              @keilah-h

@80strish That’s cool!

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

TheLoonyOne
                @theloonyone

@80strish

Hey Trish! Welcome to Kingdom Pen!

(Sorry it’s taken me so long to come and say hello)

Anyway, I’m Theloonyone. Like most here, I am a Christian writer, but I also enjoy music, art, and reading. I play the piano (and the clarinet a little) and have been slowly growing my drawing skills over the past couple of years. Right now, I’m working on a couple of different short stories that I started years ago and never finished, and am editing my sci-fi/romance WIP.

That’s really cool that you enjoy acting! Maybe you could see if there are any community theatres around where you live. What are some of your favorite 80s bands?

Anyway, some newbie questions!

1. Stranded on an island. If you like music, what are five songs or five albums that you would want to have if you were stranded on an island? Basically top five, whether through quality or sentiment.

2. Stranded on an island but five books.

3. Favorite movies or tv shows?

4. If you could make any activity an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance of winning a medal for?

Welcome to Kingdom Pen, again! I hope to see you around!

80sTrish
                  @80strish

@theloonyone

I like your username – have you ever seen the A-Team? My profile picture is of “Howlin’ Mad” Murdock (he’s known as the crazy one).

There is a community theater near me and I’m actually going to be in a play there! Not that my role is anything major, just ensemble, but I’m happy to be in it nonetheless.

0 – I have some of my favorite bands listed on my profile page but for specifically 80’s bands, I’ll single out Huey Lewis & The News

1 – Oh no… only 5?! Um… The best of Huey Lewis & The News, the best of Aisa, The Anatomy Of The Tongue In Cheek by Relient K (because it’s the album of theirs I got first), and probably two Apologetix albums though I don’t know which two off the top of my head (Apologetix is a Christian parody band – they put Chirstian lyrics to other music – they’re awesome look them up).

2 – This is even harder… Can I make them all blank and bring a bunch of pens?

3 – I also have this list on my profile, but I’ll copy it here:

The A-Team (Not the movie, the original TV series)
                    Mission: Impossible (Not the movies, the original TV series)
                    Macgyver (Not the remake, the original TV series)
                    The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
                    Hogan’s Heroes
                    Leverage
                    Knight Rider
                    Columbo

4 – I’d like to think I could get gold medal (or at least silver) in guessing songs off the first few seconds, but it would depend on whether they played music I know.

See you around! 🙂

Wama-lama-bama-lama

Keilah H.
                    @keilah-h

@80strish ooh, A-Team. Never seen it but they were part of the inspiration for a favorite modern show of mine. What makes this character “the crazy one?”

TheLoonyOne
                      @theloonyone

@80strish

I haven’t seen the A-Team. What is it about?

There is a community theater near me and I’m actually going to be in a play there! Not that my role is anything major, just ensemble, but I’m happy to be in it nonetheless.

Ooh! What’s the show?

I like both Asia and Relient K and I’ll have to listen to Apologetix, it sounds fun!

Can I make them all blank and bring a bunch of pens?

Lol, that’ll work. 😂

I’d like to think I could get gold medal (or at least silver) in guessing songs off the first few seconds, but it would depend on whether they played music I know.

I’m pretty good at recognizing songs I know from just the beginning but I’m not as good at actually putting a name to it. My mind will just say, “yeah, it’s that song. without actually being able to say what the song is.

80sTrish
                        @80strish

@theloonyone

I haven’t seen the A-Team. What is it about?

This is the opening narration:

In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn’t commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire

The A-Team

Basically, someone hires them or they stumble across someone in need of their help, and they drive into town in their awesome van, have a build montage, shoot at the dirt around the bad guys and never hit them, and save the day.

@keilah-h

What makes this character “the crazy one?”

Well for starters, he does live in the Psychiatric Ward of the Veteran’s Administration Hospital.

There’s actually some discussion about whether or not he is crazy or just faking it. It’s never clarified on the show, but I personally think he’s faking it.

I could probably send a zillion examples of his crazy behavior. There’s a great video on youtube set to the song Good Time (I tried to send the link but it didn’t go through so I had to retype everything…)

Wama-lama-bama-lama

80sTrish
                          @80strish

@keilah-h

This is him acting like a chicken

Wama-lama-bama-lama

TheLoonyOne
                            @theloonyone

@80strish

That sounds like a lot of fun! I’ll have to add it to my incredibly long list of movies and shows to watch (eventually) 😂

Keilah H.
                              @keilah-h

@80strish He sounds like a funny character, lol.

And oh my stars and shadows–I’d heard that my current obsession favorite TV show, Star Wars: The Bad Batch, was basically the Star Wars version of the A-Team, but I never realized HOW similar they are until you mentioned that summary. I mean, it’s probably really toned down in comparison, but that’s basically the same premise–a bunch of commandos-turned-mercenaries on the run from a corrupt government helping whatever random people they come across on their missions. (at least the government is corrupt in this show, I don’t know about yours)

Although I don’t think they have a dude that acts like a chicken for fun…..🤣

Artsy Dragon
                                @artsy-dragon
                                  • Total Posts: 100

Hi 80strish! Welcome to KP! My name is Meeghan. I am homeschooled and I love the A-Team too.  Sorry I took so long to say hello, I have not been on very much lately because of busyness, and I haven’t got around to greeting everyone yet lol

Here are some questions:

1. What are 3 of your favorite books?

2. If you could turn into 3 different animals (1 sea animal, 1 land animal, and 1 mythical creature) what would they be?

🌟 Full of Light! 🌟
                                  Philippians 4:8-9

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >