Excited to be here

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Excited to be here

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    80sTrish
    @80strish
      • Total Posts: 29

Hello!

I’m very happy to be joining this great community.

I’m not exactly sure what I want to say here…

I really enjoy singing and acting, although I haven’t had much opporitunity to participate in the latter. No school play – I’m homeschooled. I would love to be someone who reads for audiobooks, although I’m not sure how that would come together. And I love music, especially 80’s pop/rock. I’m currently working my way through my dad’s old music phone.

I’ve noticed that everybody asks questions…

My favorite color is pale lavender-blue

Wama-lama-bama-lama
      God is king but rock 'n roll might be second

LoopyLin
      @loopylin
        • Total Posts: 2053

@80strish

Hello! I’m Loopy. I write a lot of fantasy and really like drawing my characters. I love your username. What’s some of your favorite 80’s songs specifically? Also, what do you think about watermelon on pizza?

I’m gonna tag a bunch of other people to come say hi @freedomwriter76 @godlyfantasy12 @lightoverdarkness6 @mineralizedwritings @folith-feolin @keilah-h @esther-c @felicity @princesachronicle22 @whalekeeper @theloonyone

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by LoopyLin.

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

PrincesaChronicle22
        @princesachronicle22
          • Total Posts: 759

@80strish

Nice to meet you! I am known as princesachronicle22

I can see we already have some things in common! I am homeschooled and also have considered narrating audio books! I read aloud to my sister a lot and I just love doing all the voices!

Lavender blue, is very pretty! I had a pet parakeet that was white with spots of lavender blueMusic is awesome!

I listen to some 80’s but not a lot of rock, what’s you favorite song?

And what kind of things do you write? Novels? Poems? Songs? Plays? Any specific type or genre?

Well those are my questions and for now I shall bid thee adieu!

Love is patient. Love is kind. Love never fails. -1 Corinthians
          And guess what? His is eternal (:

TheArcaneAxiom
          @thearcaneaxiom
            • Total Posts: 1251

Hi @80strish !

I’m ArcaneAxiom. I love math, linguistics, and other nerdy stuff.

Questions:

What kind of genres are you most intrigued by, and like to read and write.

Do you enjoy worldbuilding, if so, hard or soft?

You said you like singing and acting. Do you plan on making a career out of that?

Do you like to write scripts to act?

And finally, on a scale from 1 to 10, what is your favorite color of the alphabet?

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

80sTrish
            @80strish

@loopylin @princesachronicle22 @thearcaneaxiom

I decided recently that my favorite song is Slow To Wrath by Apologetix – They’re a christian parody band, and this particular song is a parody of Photograph by Def Leppard which I really like the music part of Def Leppard’s music but not always the lyrics, and the Apologetix lyrics are something I need (I have a bit of a short temper).

I have a list of my favorite shows & bands on my profile page.

I’ve never tried watermelon on pizza. Sounds like it might be good.

I like to read fantasy the most, I think, and I’m not much of a sci-fi person.

Recently I’ve been trying to focus on one single story I’m writing that is actually a comic book, which is new for me. When the idea showed up it just said it was a comic book.

I do enjoy worldbuilding, but I’m not sure what hard or soft means.

I would love for singing/acting to be my career! I actually auditioned for a play at the community theater recently and I’m waiting to hear back from them.

On a scale of 1 – 10, my favorite color of the alphabet is probably blackberry.

Another thing: anything might make me think of a (sometimes tangentially) related song; In this case Smell The Color Nine by Chris Rice

Wama-lama-bama-lama

TheArcaneAxiom
              @thearcaneaxiom

@80strish

I like to read fantasy the most, I think, and I’m not much of a sci-fi person.

Recently I’ve been trying to focus on one single story I’m writing that is actually a comic book, which is new for me. When the idea showed up it just said it was a comic book.

Cool! I love fantasy writing, always so much possibility.

I do enjoy worldbuilding, but I’m not sure what hard or soft means.

Awesome! Sorry I didn’t specify. Hard worldbuilding just means more rigorously defined worldbuilding. Like a hard magic system is a magic system where all the rules are figured out, and the reader likely knows how a lot of it works. Think worlds from Tolkien, Brandon Sanderson, Patrick Rothfuss, ect.  Then soft worldbuilding is worldbuilding where things are less neatly defined. Worlds where everything seems expansive, unending in possibility. Like a soft magic system, where the it seems like anything could happen, spells and potions that could do anything. Think worlds from Jk Rowling, Lewis Carroll, Studio Ghibli, most fairytales, ect. The reality is that this is a spectrum, like Tolkien for example has a more hard world, but soft magic. But there still tends to be preference, I for example, am more logically oriented, so I like hard worldbuilding, though I like reading some soft worldbuilding, I doubt I’d ever write any.

On a scale of 1 – 10, my favorite color of the alphabet is probably blackberry.

Another thing: anything might make me think of a (sometimes tangentially) related song; In this case Smell The Color Nine by Chris Rice

Right answer! I haven’t heard of that song, but it sounds fun, I’ll have to check it out!

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

PrincesaChronicle22
                @princesachronicle22
                  • Total Posts: 759

@80strish

That all sounds fabulous! XD

Love is patient. Love is kind. Love never fails. -1 Corinthians
                  And guess what? His is eternal (:

80sTrish
                  @80strish

@thearcaneaxiom

Hard worldbuilding just means more rigorously defined worldbuilding. Like a hard magic system is a magic system where all the rules are figured out, and the reader likely knows how a lot of it works. Think worlds from Tolkien, Brandon Sanderson, Patrick Rothfuss, ect. Then soft worldbuilding is worldbuilding where things are less neatly defined. Worlds where everything seems expansive, unending in possibility. Like a soft magic system, where the it seems like anything could happen, spells and potions that could do anything. Think worlds from Jk Rowling, Lewis Carroll, Studio Ghibli, most fairytales, ect.

In that case, I think I prefer hard worldbuilding. Particularly for magic, I prefer a system by which to organize things.

I also enjoy coming up with simple codes and ciphers but I haven’t had the chance to use one in a story yet… I have one that I’ve been playing around with more recently that is designed to be easily spoken out loud. It’s called Dahdihkahsah, which just means Code.

Actually, I sometimes get caught up thinking about the setting that I forget my story needs an actual plot. Still working on that, but it’s why I’m trying to focus on the comic book – I have an idea for where it’s actually going!

Wama-lama-bama-lama

Esther
                    @esther-c
                      • Total Posts: 3213

Welcome, @80strish!!

I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, God-loving, amateur writer!!

My main WIP is a ya dystopian trilogy. I have ideas for stories in many other genres, though.

Ok, ok… so you say that you like 80s music?? That’s SO COOl!!! I LOVE the 80s style and vibe and such. I haven’t dabbled in the music much yet, but I’ve gotten plenty of suggestions from my uncle.

You homeschool too?? *slaps high-five* Awesome! I’m a homeschooler as well! (As you can tell in my introduction. 😉)

Smell The Color Nine by Chris Rice

I think my dad showed me and my siblings that song once! I barely remember it, but I recognize the title.

Now for the questions!!:

1. Coffee, tea, or neither? Why?

2. What’s your favorite and least favorite subject in school? And why?

3. If you could spend a week in any place in the world, where would it be? (If you didn’t have to worry about money, politics, economics, etc.) Why?

Nice to meet you and see ya around!! 😀

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

80sTrish
                      @80strish

@esther-c

I don’t drink coffee. I typically drink water, but when I have tea I like fruity tea with probably too much sugar.

2. What’s your favorite and least favorite subject in school? And why?

I’m not sure. I’m currently focusing on Spanish – I think knowing other languages would be a good skill for doing acting/singing/voice work.

3. If you could spend a week in any place in the world, where would it be? (If you didn’t have to worry about money, politics, economics, etc.) Why?

Probably somewhere in Scotland or Ireland, castles and rolling hills. And go see where my dad stayed when he was in Edinburgh, and that forest named for our ancestor. But I’d want to leave at the end of the week – I’m not a fan of the cold.

Wama-lama-bama-lama

TheArcaneAxiom
                        @thearcaneaxiom

@80strish

Cool!

I also enjoy coming up with simple codes and ciphers but I haven’t had the chance to use one in a story yet… I have one that I’ve been playing around with more recently that is designed to be easily spoken out loud. It’s called Dahdihkahsah, which just means Code.

That’s Epic! I having gotten into ciphers too much, but I love making languages, and putting stuff like that into your stories is always so much fun!

Actually, I sometimes get caught up thinking about the setting that I forget my story needs an actual plot. Still working on that, but it’s why I’m trying to focus on the comic book – I have an idea for where it’s actually going!

Good for you! Yeah, we’ve all been there, worldbuilding can sometimes become productive procrastination. It’s awesome that your working on that though!

TheArcaneAxiom
                          @thearcaneaxiom

@esther-c

Your not trying to find members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints with that question are you? Because I may be guilty, lol.

Esther
                            @esther-c

@80strish

I don’t drink coffee. I typically drink water, but when I have tea I like fruity tea with probably too much sugar.

Ok. Gotcha. For me, I like both coffee and tea, but prefer coffee. Especially when it’s in the form of a frappe! 😉 Tea with too much sugar is always the best, tho! Lol

I’m not sure. I’m currently focusing on Spanish – I think knowing other languages would be a good skill for doing acting/singing/voice work.

Ok, cool!! I’m slowly learning Spanish using an app, but in a year or two, I’ll be learning it in school.

Yeah! It probably would be helpful in those fields!

Probably somewhere in Scotland or Ireland, castles and rolling hills. And go see where my dad stayed when he was in Edinburgh, and that forest named for our ancestor. But I’d want to leave at the end of the week – I’m not a fan of the cold.

YESSSS!!! I love the landscape of Ireland and Scotland!! I would totally love to visit as well!! (Plus, the people there, [specifically Ireland] have great accents. 👌 😆

Esther
                              @esther-c

@thearcaneaxiom

Your not trying to find members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints with that question are you? Because I may be guilty, lol.

Erm…

Nope…?

Why do you ask?

(Sorry if I sound clueless, lol. 😅😁)

TheArcaneAxiom
                                @thearcaneaxiom

@esther-c

Ah, ok, sorry, lol. It’s part of our Church that we don’t drink coffee or tea, (well, tea is a little more nuanced, like herbal tea is fine, it’s more just black tea) and a lot of people like to tease us about it a lot. Sorry I assumed, lol!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >