-
Anatra replied to the topic Just a Story Idea in the forum Short Story Critiques 5 years, 1 month ago
wow I can totally see this as a Dwayne Johnson thriller from the early 2000’s XD
It was fun to read! I like the idea of putting a kid in there. And I can totally see the sarcastic comic relief coming from Kirk at times.
Also, took me a minute, but Morse code, 10/10
-
Anatra replied to the topic What was it like writing your first novel? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 1 month ago
I wish what you said abt your siblings and working together would apply to mine, lol. We sit down to get something done, ten minutes later, it’s a mashed potato war, and an arm wrestling match.
The feeling I felt most prominently in writing my first novel was exhaustion. I had been typing for most of the day, and around eight at…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic What's your character's Lie? in the forum Characters 5 years, 1 month ago
Good topic(totally saw it earlier, lol). Liking the growth I can already see happening in your characters through the lies.
First lie: my character believes this one; his parents are preoccupied and can’t show him the affection he wants and needs. My character is separated from his family and tells himself these lies to justify…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic Some of my art 🙂 in the forum Art 5 years, 1 month ago
Thank you! I love to doodle objects like this to get inspiration.
-
Anatra replied to the topic What are the 2 (or 3) biggest stakes in your story? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 1 month ago
Thank you so much, I’ve worked hard on this.
I’ve been working on the series by myself for over four years now. I took a little break, and I’m taking it slowly, so I can put a lot of effort into them. They’re not too long, only abt 55k to 60k words so far. I love the way it’s going in growth. And am happy with how it’s turning out.…[Read more]
-
Power replied to the topic Just a Story Idea in the forum Short Story Critiques 5 years, 1 month ago
You have a group of agents (not sure which branch, possibly FIGs) they are looking into a company (Hurricane, Tornado, or something like that.) that’s is working for Vortex. They infiltrate the business, but get caught. In the end they eradicate the threat.
I also had some thoughts about put a little kid in the story. He was given the device that…[Read more]
-
Power started the topic Just a Story Idea in the forum Short Story Critiques 5 years, 1 month ago
An idea popped into my head a while ago, so I decided to write the climax of the story.
“I am unstoppable!” The crazed man gestured to the army of robots behind him then let out an insane cackle. “The world will bow to James Alexander Herring . I’ll kill those who oppose me, and keep the rest as pets and slaves.”
Addison looked over at Kirk. How…[Read more]
-
Power replied to the topic Poems by Power in the forum Poetry 5 years, 1 month ago
A Friendly Reminder to Wear a Coat
the Blustery wind
Chills the bones
Freezes the nose
turns toes Stone
Rips off the ears
makes cheeks Glow
Grips the back
Blinding snow
the arctic Blast
Cools the head
Don’t stay out
or you’ll be Dead!
-
Anatra replied to the topic Some of my art 🙂 in the forum Art 5 years, 1 month ago
Thank you!
-
Anatra replied to the topic Some of my art 🙂 in the forum Art 5 years, 1 month ago
Ravens are beautiful. Lol, I didn’t know that abt them.
Huh, I actually didn’t realize that. It just helps me think to be in odd positions.
The staff is a working progress. Currently, I’ve decided one of my characters, a side character, but crucial to the story, kinda like Han Solo(idk if you’ve seen Star Wars), will steal the staff…[Read more]
-
Anatra's profile was updated 5 years, 1 month ago
-
Anatra replied to the topic Some of my art 🙂 in the forum Art 5 years, 1 month ago

And this is a staff sketch from my book months ago, still working out the details of it, try and ignore my sloppy notes and handwriting, lol.
-
Anatra replied to the topic Some of my art 🙂 in the forum Art 5 years, 1 month ago

This is a lion that I did with watercolor upside down a little while ago(don’t ask)
-
Anatra replied to the topic Some of my art 🙂 in the forum Art 5 years, 1 month ago
I like your pfp. I’ve tried doing white highlights before like that, but can never seem to get it just right.
I struggled with hands for a while, especially since I didn’t draw people all that much, but one day I found the perfect irl lighting, and I sat down, and drew the shadow of my right hand on paper, and that kinda helped me to…[Read more]
-
Anatra and
calidris are now friends 5 years, 1 month ago -
Power started the topic in the forum Book Discussions 5 years, 1 month ago
So here’s just some stuff on the Miska Chronicles
Prologue
Back, and forth, back, and forth paced the lion. His long tail twitched ever so slightly. Lord Rawson’s golden mane kept on shrouding in darkness the papers his accomplice was reading. But this did not bother the leopard. He was used to the darkness.
There was a knock on the thick cedar…[Read more]
-
Power replied to the topic Hey guys! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 1 month ago
I’m working on a series called the Miska Chronicles.
Sure, I’ll create a post called the Miska Chronicles, and put some stuff on there so I don’t blow this page up.
-
Power replied to the topic Fanart (or, as my phone tried to correct it to, "Canary") in the forum Art 5 years, 1 month ago
Another amazing book series. They are a little weird, but ring true. I was a little wary of reading them because of their covers and some of the things in them, but once I finally did peak under the first books cover, the vortex sucked me in, and now I love the series.
-
Power replied to the topic Hey guys! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 1 month ago
Yes, most of the time.
Same here. I plan out stories, but find it hard to put on paper. I make maps and have made a massive family tree. 😆
-
Power replied to the topic Fanart (or, as my phone tried to correct it to, "Canary") in the forum Art 5 years, 1 month ago
It may sound childish, but it pretty amazing, well written. The Green Embers series in short is about rabbits with sword trying to reconquer their land from wolves and birds of prey . The first book is kinda slow in the middle, but besides that, they’re one of the best series I’ve ever read. For me it’s up there with the Wingfeather Saga and the…[Read more]
- Load More
