-
Anatra replied to the topic Three Sentence Story Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years ago
Mirabelle hid her mouth behind her hand, giggling as I seethed.
I clenched my hands to my sides, gritting my teeth. This was, after all the third time today she’d got me with that one. -
Anatra replied to the topic How would you rewrite your least favorite book? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years ago
What I mean by poorly designed politics, is that even though its a modern system, they disregarded world leaders. Like the president of U.S.A was irrelevant in all of this. I think the author was just tryna dodge work in figuring out how to add all the politics but still make it convincing.
I totally agree. This is part…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic How would you rewrite your least favorite book? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years ago
While I’ve been exploring books, I haven’t found too many that would fall under a C tier for me. But, A year or two ago my sis and I challenged each other to go to the library and pull out a book that sounded good, then exchange books. I found for her one that really sounded great on the shelf, then I gave it to her, she read it and…[Read more]
-
Power replied to the topic Three Sentence Story Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years ago
I’m not sure which hit the floor first, my head or my knees, but I was pretty sure my knee hurt the worse. This was probably due to the fact that they went through the slightly rotten kitchen floor they smashed into.
-
Anatra replied to the topic Blog!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years ago
Ooh, I love it. Defiantly subbing! (Iris, don’t be shy. Ur totally amazing. Also, ur friend Elfwing is really great too<3)
-
Anatra replied to the topic Short Story Contest!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years ago
*gasps* This is so cOOoOoOol! Of course I’ll enter! Btw, I love the prompts! It’s gonna be so hard to pic tho…
-
Anatra replied to the topic Why do you write? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years ago
Exactly.
-
Anatra replied to the topic Why do you write? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years ago
Ikr? It’s so weird sometimes. Like I’m super exited and then suddenly my interest is gone once a person steps into my
realityfantasy.*nods* Very forward thinking.
-
Anatra replied to the topic Why do you write? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years ago
Also, @scripter-of-kingdoms That daydream is hilarious XD. I defiantly get the mind wandering part of forming an idea.
-
Anatra replied to the topic Why do you write? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years ago
@kathleenramm
This is a good question.
When I first started to write it was a hobby. Lil homeschooled me with lots of free time, energy and creative detrimental “talent”, spilled everything into writing. But now it’s hard to immagine a place without this outlet of creativity. I’ve previously said this, but in rough times, (like @elfwing ) w…[Read more] -
Anatra replied to the topic Multiple Protagonists in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years ago
Mmmm, yes. I too have stumbled upon this in my writing life before. (not like, specifically, but I’ve struggled with multiple protagonists.)
In my early WIP I have two protagonists. But as the series develops I get like, three more. So in the first book I have two characters and the POV changes from one to the other every…[Read more]
-
Power replied to the topic Maps (creative title, I know) in the forum Fantasy 5 years ago
It takes a lot of work (I’ve spent probably more than 10 hours and am still not finished). I recommend that you draw out the general outline of your map (Mountains, Lands, Water, ect. but not woods) with pencils. Then scan it into a computer and work on the finer details (I use Paint 3D since I like being able to get down to the individual pixel).…[Read more]
-
Anatra and
Ribbonash are now friends 5 years ago
-
Anatra replied to the topic What's a Genre or form of writing you used to dislike, but now enjoy? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years ago
-
Anatra replied to the topic Salvete scriptores! in the forum Start HERE 5 years ago
This is difficult territory you tread… but if you were to jump in
and honestly I wouldn’t judge you jfoaewuiar;sdf yeI would suggest starting season one up until like, episode four, then jumping to the beginning of season three(imma rule breaker, I feel so dirty now). Season one and two were all over the place, season three was…[Read more] -
Power replied to the topic 1st Chapter Critique for The Inventor’s Daughter in the forum Novel Critique Requests 5 years ago
Just set up another Gmail account, and use it when you don’t people knowing your information. It will ask for your birthday and name, but just don’t put in you real birthday date and use an alias. It can come in handy when a store asks for your email, but you don’t want them flooding your inbox with advertisements.
-
Anatra replied to the topic What's a Genre or form of writing you used to dislike, but now enjoy? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 1 month ago
OK. Let me tRy thIS AGaiN(I keep making same mistake and deleting my message, this is attempt number 3…4…?)
Lol, that’s fine. I only started liking Percy Jackson around the third or fifth book. I think I really enjoyed it because it was me, a little sheltered homeschooler, reading a book I chose to for myself.
So I…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic What's the harshest critique you've ever received about your writing? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 1 month ago
That’s pretty rough. But a good idea for honest critique…
So, my friend read a short story of mine once. You must understand, this friend was very nice and polite. But after reading my story she kinda cringed, looked at me, and said she’d get the edit back to me later. Yea, so a couple weeks later she hands me my book and it’s…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic Say and think in the forum Poetry Critiques 5 years, 1 month ago
*reads*
*brain hurts*
*reads again*
Oooh, I like it. It makes me think and struggle to say what I think about my thoughts. Confusion is common in my mind.
I don’t have much critique on this subject. But, this makes me think you’d enjoy one of my favorite quotes tho.
“Oh, it’s a case of, they’ll think I’ll think that they’ll do…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic What's a Genre or form of writing you used to dislike, but now enjoy? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 1 month ago
did you say… Percy Jackson?
OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS
I love Percy Jackson. So, you’ve read the first series, yes, but have you read HoO? Or KC? Or MC? And, dare I ask, have you read *shutters* Trials of Apollo?
Heroes of Olympus and PJO have to be my favorites out of the whole thing. Despite the flaws, and the infamous Gary Sue…[Read more]
- Load More
