Three Sentence Story Challenge

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Three Sentence Story Challenge

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Kathleen
    @kathleenramm
      • Total Posts: 635

So I thought it would be pretty fun to write an impromptu story together!

Basically how it’ll work is someone (in this case me) will write the first three sentences to a story and the person who replies back next will write the next three sentences to the story, and it’ll continue like that until we have a full blown story!

RULES:

1. Reply back with MAX three sentences. No more.

2. Make sure it’s congruent with everything that has already happened in the story so far

3. Make sure at least three people have replied in-between one of your posts and the next

Basic premise: Sixteen year old Milo lives in an abandoned (possibly haunted?) mansion in Georgia with his little sister Mirabelle. They live a lonely life reading old books and eating Spaghetti. They can’t be seen by anyone and keep a low profile because of their shady past. Until one day…

Well, we’ll just have to see where the story goes and what cool ideas you guys come up with along the way!

Okay! I’m going to kick off the story with my first three sentences!

First three Sentences:

My sister and I live in a bizarre house, but we are even more bizarre. We spend our days searching for hidden rooms, chasing ghosts that may or may not be there, cooking new meals from recipes we found under the floor boards, and reading peculiar old books about sailors who sail up into the sky and turn into stars. You may think it’s lonely, and we do often dream of a different life, but I built this life for us, and I’m never going to let anyone take it.

Well, errrr.. Those were very long sentences, but my head was already racing with ideas despite knowing this story for 5 minutes, haha. I’m excited to see where this story goes! Reply with three sentences to continue the story!

@joy-caroline, @gracie-j @devastate-lasting, @keilah-h, @writerlexi1216, @nanisnook, @issawriter7, @mkfairygirl, @abigail-m, @jenwriter17, @lydia-s, @when-i-see-the-kingdom, @ilena-louise, @daisy-torres, @jodi-maile, @lucy, @scripter-of-kingdoms, @seekjustice, @lewilliams, @e-k-seaver @g_c_al, @millennium, @wyn-rose, @kayleigh-idea, @not-so-secret-secret-assassin, @elfwing, @relia, @molly @godlyfantasy12 @scripter-of-kingdoms @bella-d @anatra23 @calidris @ben-dykes @lewilliams @nova21 @precious-y @lydia-s @beth-darlene @faith-q @madelyn @power @writerlexi1216 @imwritehere1920 @ariel-f @nanisnook @anyoneandeveryone @yesyoureadingthisrightnow @thisisgonnabeepic

Not-So-Secret Secret Assassin
      @not-so-secret-secret-assassin
        • Total Posts: 133

The jenga tower collapsed and blocks tumbled across the coffee table and blasted me in the face (which had a very demoralized expression on it).

“What, I won? I WON!” My sister jumped up and pumped her fists in the air, acting like she wasn’t the one who had cheated.

Flawless and handsome (as ruled by my grandmother.)

Kads
        @scripter-of-kingdoms
          • Total Posts: 765

“Oh, come on, Milo, don’t give me that look; you look like a dissatisfied walrus when you do that,” Mirabelle laughed.

“Dissatisfied walrus or not, you cheated,” I raised an eyebrow at her.

And then there was a rattling from the kitchen.

staring at the fields
          if nothing's really real
          i'll make the winter now my home

Linyang Zhang
          @devastate-lasting
            • Total Posts: 1700

Eh? Rattling? I stood up, and crept towards the kitchen, Mirabelle right behind me.

Lately, it's been on my brain
            Would you mind letting me know
            If hours don't turn into days

Scoutillus Finch
            @scoutfinch180
              • Total Posts: 413

Mirabelle pushed past me and reached for the doorknob.

“Wait!” I hissed, knowing that a ten-year old was no match for what might be sporting among the dirty dishes she hadn’t cleaned yet.

We crazy people are the normal ones.

Kathleen
              @kathleenramm
                • Total Posts: 635

Mirabelle stepped back and crossed her arms.

“Fine by me; you’d make a better first course for whatever is in there anyway.”

I grinned back at her and opened the kitchen door.

Kads
                @scripter-of-kingdoms

My eyes first fell upon the sink, and then darted to the water on the cracked linoleum. I looked back up, throwing wary glances across the room.

There was nothing visible to me, but I did notice that the window, which was previously closed, was now open.

staring at the fields
                  if nothing's really real

Elfwing
                  @elfwing
                    • Total Posts: 486

Mirabelle hesitated, then solemnly turned to me, eyes wide; “Did something grow in the dishes because we left them too long? we did leave them for three days…”

I shrugged, “Maybe, I mean, mom always said that stuff grows when you leave it dirty too long…” Of course I knew that wasn’t true, but what else was I supposed to say? She’s ten.

“Well we should catch it!”

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Linyang Zhang
                    @devastate-lasting

@elfwing “Mirabelle, you crazy?” I gave a small laugh. “We’re not going to catch it… They’ll see us if we go outside!”

Elfwing
                      @elfwing
                        • Total Posts: 486

“What if we… make a trap?”

“Out of what?”

“Double sided tape? It works for the the bugs!”

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Kads
                        @scripter-of-kingdoms

“These ain’t no bugs we dealin’ with,” I said in my toughest gangster voice.

“If you think you sound tough, Milo, you’re wrong. You sound like a… a Southern-farmer-cowboy-dude,” Mirabelle peered up at me.

staring at the fields
                          if nothing's really real

Scoutillus Finch
                          @scoutfinch180
                            • Total Posts: 413

I smirk and move to the pantry, having an aimless desire to see if there’s anything in the mousetraps. “Well, this farmer-cowboy-dude has taken pretty good care of us so…” I tripped and we both screamed.

We crazy people are the normal ones.

Power
                            @power
                              • Total Posts: 292

I’m not sure which hit the floor first, my head or my knees, but I was pretty sure my knees hurt the worse. This was probably due to the fact that they went through the slightly rotten kitchen floor they smashed into.

You will love what you spend time with.

Linyang Zhang
                              @devastate-lasting

We really should have fixed that floor after last time. Last time was…sheesh. I didn’t wish to remember last time.

Madelyn
                                @madelyn
                                  • Total Posts: 115

“Watch out for the rotten spot,” Mirabelle warned a full five seconds late.

“Thanks; thanks a bunch,”  I groaned.

A tap on the kitchen window snapped us both back to reality.

~In Christ Alone My Hope Is Found~

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >