-
Koshka replied to the topic Planning out a trilogy! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago

-
Koshka replied to the topic Planning out a trilogy! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
Over Paul’s sister? I don’t usually read Biblical fiction (as it influences my memory) but I would read yours!
Well, I’m still writing my series, but I’ll try to answer your questions.
- Pinpoint a central theme to plant throughout the series. Each book should deal with/breath this theme. Next, find at least three (or however…
-
Anatra replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
I’ve never considered combining languages to make names, that’s cool! Tho, with my simple brain, if my OC’s had names like that, they’d be forgotten in a heartbeat 😛
-
Koshka replied to the topic Hello fellow music-sound-making-human/otherwise people in the forum Music 4 years, 11 months ago
So, I’m trying to be brave enough to ask something on here. But before I do let me clarify;Â I do not think of myself as anything like a musician! I simply enjoy music, and wish to glorify God in any endeavors I make.
Now for my question:
I am teaching myself violin, and am struggling with my bowing. I can’t get a smooth transition between…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
Poor Rubin ;-; will be missed.
In Korean, literally everything (almost,) is spelled solely based on the way it sounds. So, thankfully, I don’t encounter too many spelling errors of my own.
Random question, does Russian have any loan-words?BQ? I am unfamiliar with this.
Whoops, I meant college Korean text book. A big…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
Did you make up your names onoyour own, or research them? They sound amazing!
-
Koshka replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
I understand. I was going to have a MIA, but when I couldn’t leave him gone I sacrificed his friend instead. (And now I’m having second thoughts again)
-
Koshka replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
It does sound difficult! The Russian things I struggle with the most are word form, grammer, and spelling (but I struggle with that in English too, so…).
I know a Russian lady through BQ, (She loaned me the pre-school book.) But I only see her at BQ tournaments.
Question: Was the book a Korean college book, or a college Korean book?
-
Anatra replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
Oof, Korean is hard sometimes. I think I only struggle mostly with pronouncing the vowel sounds accurately… and sentence structure… and formal tones… and… you get the picture. It’s great to learn tho!
Learning is made a lot easier, since I’ve been blessed with a tutor who’s half Korean, and can speak and read it. I was nannying…[Read more] -
Koshka replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
Ah, English, that wonderful headache.
I’ve heard Korean is difficult. What do you think of it, and how are you learning?
I’m using Babbel, Duolingo, and a Russian preschool book.
-
Anatra replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
Fantasy sounds right. If it’s more along a realistic trail like Rangers apprentice, I suppose it might be midieval fantasy.(prolly my fave genre)
How you’ve described is pretty much how I construct my book too! Usually when I’m thinking of scenes, I kind of let them roll around in my head for a bit then slap them on some paper.…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic This is Koshka, and these are her books in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
@melancholic-writer
Oohhh! We call that Nationals. I’m not sure about other districts,(Alaska Yukon sent only one team this last year.) but Texas sent 4 Senior Experienced teams to the 2021 Nationals. (I don’t remember the number of teams for the other divisions.) -
Koshka replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
Are you familiar with or know Russian? I’m still learning, but it’s a beautiful language!
-
Koshka replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
Thanks?
Otto’s accent is supposed to be German influenced, but my more recent book is Russian and may have bled over in the rewrite. Both German and Russian have a ‘v’ sound instead of a ‘w’, and no ‘th’ sound. I don’t speak German, so I’m not as familiar with it. They do sound similar to most people. Russian is spoken from the…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
Considering that was my answer, and how many times today I was used by a two-year-old as a human snot rag, that should give you an idea of what my swag looks like at the moment.
-
Anatra replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
-
Anatra replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
@power
I’m stealing your character’s catchphrasesÂ@elishavet-pidyon
This is very thought out for a book without a draft. What’s the books genre?@koshka
Idk why, this sounds Russian to me, I love it XD@not-so-secret-secret-assassin
Those quotes are perfect XD
Swag ain’t to be worried B) -
Power replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
@not-so-secret-secret-assassin I wish I had know you when you were eight.
-
Power replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
@koshka That’s was good! lol 🤣
-
Koshka replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
Ugh, attocorect messed with Otto’s accent. Water was vater originally. And those are two characters in the book, not the book itself. Oh well… *Sigh*
- Load More
