-
Power replied to the topic Find my characters Want/Goal in the forum Characters 4 years, 6 months ago
@@godlyfantasy12 I have very similar problems with figuring out what my characters want? I would say that your guy might have several goals.
Possible goal 1) He wants to live a ‘normal’ life, and doesn’t want anyone to know about his scars.
As a guy, I can understand this. We tend to dislike and sometimes fear revealing our emotions. Even if we…[Read more] -
Koshka replied to the topic Writer's Corner #505 in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 6 months ago
(LOL)
Especially when the reader doesn’t see it coming. Bwahaha!
Yeah, I wasn’t sure I liked it either untill I started researching some stuff, then it sort of exploded. XD For instance, one of my kingdoms uses a lunar calendar, but I when I started working it out I got carried away, so now there’s a separate calendar for each of…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Writer's Corner #505 in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 6 months ago
Hi! I have randomly hopped on.
I’ll have to check that out. =)
(Wondering how in the world you’re going to wrap up SaM.)
Favorite tropes? I’m not sure yet. I love absolutely crushing my main carries deep into the ground (but not like most authors), then redeeming them/making something beautiful of their story. (Ok,…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 6 months ago
Yes, they’re wolves. It’s still in first draft form, but… I like it. =) Thanks!
-
Koshka replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 6 months ago
I think it ate my thingy. Maybe I made it long. I shall try again.
Its a full scene, not a line, but anyway…
Flickers of light glinted back, caught on gossamers in the murky darkness. Holding the torch as high as the cavern roof allowed, Meyani crept down stairs, counting each crumbling step. Two-and-ten, three-and-ten, four-and-ten…
A heap o…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 6 months ago
Well, I have been working on this scene for some time now, mulling it over it in my mind, so I finally wrote it down, even though I haven’t gotten near this part of my book yet. Its not exactly a line- a whole scene to be exact. But anyway…
Flickers of light glinted back, caught on gossamers in the murky darkness. Holding the torch as high as…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Do you Prefer Classical or Modern Literature? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 6 months ago
Classical. I grew up on it, so the older vocabularies don’t bother me. The depths in story, the mixture of poetry in prose, all the types and shadows… I feel more at home with classics than modern literature.
But I haven’t read much truly old stuff beyond Pilgrim’s Progress, some Shakespeare, and Canterbury Tales (which I do not…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic How do you draft/write the "first" document? in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 6 months ago
Welp, I love revising. Writing itself is difficult and obnoxious.
Let me rephrase that; I enjoy writing, but I struggle turning off the strong-minded inner editor who then destroys all my work because it’s in first draft stage and therefore terrible. However, as rewriting is my favorite part of writing in general I usually don’t…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 6 months ago
Thank you!!!! They’re doing such an awesome job of it, I might actually try to watch some when it comes out!
And that probably sounded strange. Explanation; being someone blessed with an extremely vivid imagination I find myself disappointed by movie adaptations of books I perhaps only skim read.
But this looks good, so I…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 6 months ago
Aha! Where do I find it?
-
Anatra replied to the topic Calling all storytellers… in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
@Tahria-the-Minstrel
Ah those situations are so painful.
-
Koshka replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
I am so sorry, I almost forgot KP (of no fault of it’s own; life is still nuts).
I have read/listened to all but Lady Susan, Love and Friendship, and I think one other one. I read Persuasion, Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sense ability, and Mansfield Park. I listened to most of those and Emma, Northanger Abbey, and… I think that’s…[Read more]
-
Power replied to the topic Calling all storytellers… in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
Okay, @faith-q, I have a story for you. Let me tell you of the time I knocked a container with a dozen cupcakes in it on top of a ladies head.
It was my older sister’s birthday. She and I were flying up to Washington state for one of our cousins graduation. My mom, who is a baker, made my sister some cupcakes to take with her on the flight. Well,…[Read more]
-
Power replied to the topic What's Your Favorite Relationship Type in Fiction? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 7 months ago
I love it when two very powerful (but also very different) soldiers are close friend. “Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.” John 15:13
“And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic Calling all storytellers… in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
WOooOo Imma love this topic XD
I have a few, as it does indeed come from being slightly sheltered that one may say something not as innocent as they thought.
For example, I was texting this friend I had (not too long ago) and we were talking about life and stress and work stuff. And I asked if he was working all the weeknights.…[Read more]
-
Power replied to the topic How Many Characters Should A Series Have? in the forum Characters 4 years, 7 months ago
Thanks for the reassurance. Yes, it’s epic fantasy. I have listened to some of Brandon Sanderson’s stuff, and he does do well writing larger groups.
I have around 4-8 “important” characters, and maybe 2 main characters. The cliffhanger advice is good, thanks!
An animal character! All of my characters are a…[Read more]
-
Power started the topic How Many Characters Should A Series Have? in the forum Characters 4 years, 7 months ago
So, I tend to be good at world building (usually better than I am at actual writing), so I have gone very deep into the history of my would. I have created close to 200 characters. About 111 of those are just characters in the past (kings, queens, princes, princesses, important people through out history, and a lot of not so important people.),…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Fairytale Retellings in the forum Genre-Writing 4 years, 7 months ago
Sorry I’m so late in replying. Life is nuts.
That sounds AWESOME! I love good farytales and retellings, some of my favorite authors being George MacDonald, C. S. Lewis, Gail Carson Levine, and Hans Christian Andersen. (Or at least some of his stuff)
I would definitely appreciate a retelling of Rumplestiltskin, especially as that story…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Calling all storytellers… in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
We’ll, right now I can’t think of many actually funny stories which would make sense out of context, which is annoying as I know of many.
-
Power replied to the topic Calling all storytellers… in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
Err… I just reread your request, and realized you wanted stuff from age 4 and 7… Sorry 😬
- Load More
