-
Light replied to the topic What’s your theme song? in the forum Music 3 years, 9 months ago
Fun topic idea!!
Thanks!! I was kinda afraid no one would like it and think it was weird😅😂.
So what first came to mind, was Everton. The song “I Ain’t Worried” by OneRepublic from Top Gun: Maverick is what really describes Ev’s personality, I feel like.
Oh my gosh, it does!! I just listened to it again, and from what I’ve read about Eve…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic What’s your theme song? in the forum Music 3 years, 9 months ago
Fun topic idea!!
So what first came to mind, was Everton. The song “I Ain’t Worried” by OneRepublic from Top Gun: Maverick is what really describes Ev’s personality, I feel like.
I will definitely be hang around on this thread, adding more later. 😁
-
Light replied to the topic What’s your theme song? in the forum Music 3 years, 9 months ago
sorry, girl, your tag didn’t work! 😊
-
Light started the topic What’s your theme song? in the forum Music 3 years, 9 months ago
@freedomwriter76 @arien @starofthenorth @loopylin@theloonyone @esther-c @mineralizedwritings @Wilder-w @e-m-trepke @godlyfantasy12 @sarafini @felicity @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @keilah-h @anyone-else
Hi everyone!! So lately I’ve been listening to a lot of music. And it got me thinking. What’s a song that describes you, maybe a song about what som…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic When is dark writing no longer writing for God? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years, 9 months ago
@loopylin
I feel like magic is a term used very loosely. Most people have their own definition of it. But there should be a defining line between the magic God speaks against and fantasy magic in the mind of a Christian. Though some people are more strict on that than others and that is totally fine. 🙂 -
Esther replied to the topic Civil War Novel Idea in the forum Historical 3 years, 9 months ago
@freedomwriter76 @starofthenorth @felicity @koshka
Next, Albert Moore!
He was one the fun-loving middle children of the Moore family. Until the war breaks out. They live in the South and don’t agree with slavery. They plan to escape to the North… but before they do, Albert and his father are drafted. They has no choice but to accept. They for…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Civil War Novel Idea in the forum Historical 3 years, 9 months ago
@starofthenorth @freedomwriter76 @felicity @koshka
Ok!! I’ve got the moodboards!
First, Ethan Graham!
Being the first born son of the Graham family and having a younger brother and sister, he has a lot of weight on his shoulders. But his parents appreciate how responsible he is. When a war breaks out in between the North and South, Ethan e…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Do your characters tend to be more extraverted or introverted? in the forum Topic of the Week 3 years, 9 months ago
I think I have a pretty good mix of both.
Everton is extroverted.
Amidala is definitely introverted.
Corie is extroverted.
Tyrone is introverted, but in his story, he ran away from home, so he doesn’t have any true friends. 🙁😅
Personally, I’m extroverted around people I know, but introverted around people I don’t know.
-
Light replied to the topic When is dark writing no longer writing for God? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years, 9 months ago
@mineralizedwritings @esther-c @felicity @loopylin @koshka @starofthenorth @folith-feolin
This is such a great topic, and I’ve been thinking about this lately too. I normally stay away from writing any kind of magic, but I believe that if you clearly show that it is wrong and evil, it’s okay to feature a little bit in your book, if you have to. B…[Read more]
-
Light replied to the topic My WIP!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
Glad you’re enjoying it!! I really enjoyed writing it!
Yeah!! Great 😊!
The plot points are hard to pin down. That’s definitely something I’m going to tackle on the second draft. Thanks for pointing that out!
Yeah, I get that. My book that I completely flopped last year was so out of order😂😅. Your welcome! Thanks for tagging me&#x…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic My WIP!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
Glad you’re enjoying it!! I really enjoyed writing it!
The plot points are hard to pin down. That’s definitely something I’m going to tackle on the second draft. Thanks for pointing that out!
-
Light replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
The TARDIS is actually from a tv show called Dr Who that started in the ‘60s.
Oh okay!! Cool!
I won’t be able to be on KP this weekend. Just wanted to let you know.
Alright! See you later😊!
-
Esther replied to the topic When is dark writing no longer writing for God? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years, 9 months ago
@everybody
These verses help to remind me why I’m writing and what I should be writing:
“The Preacher sought to find words of delight, and uprightly he wrote words of truth.”
Ecclesiastes 12:10 “My heart overflows with a pleasing theme; I address my verses to the king; my tongue is like the pen of a ready scribe.”
Psalm 45:…[Read more] -
Esther replied to the topic When is dark writing no longer writing for God? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years, 9 months ago
Great topic!
I’ve done fantasy before, but the thing that could be considered “magic” was each tribe having a supernatural ability gifted by their Creator. There weren’t any powers that they could harness on their own, (even though their gifts could be used wrongly). There is definitely a line when writing magic. I like wh…[Read more]
-
Light replied to the topic My WIP!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
I love this!! I’m sorry I’m just now responding. I tried to several times but it got deleted before I could post 😅.
I love Ev and Ami so much!! There nicknames for each other are so cute! And I love Lukas!!
And the pictures you have are all so good!! The pic for Fynn is the same one that I was going to use for my charrie, Matthew. I cha…[Read more] -
Esther replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
I can readily agree with you about the first book. Compared to the others, it wasn’t that good. The series was recommended to me by a friend and I knew my cousin had read it, so I tried it. I did the first book for a book report and actually found it to be one of the easiest book reports I’ve ever done.
I agree with @elishavet-pidyon ab…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Civil War Novel Idea in the forum Historical 3 years, 9 months ago
Thanks!! I like my characters too!! Lol I think I’ll make the moodboards soon!!
-
Esther replied to the topic My WIP!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
I need to add more Lukas!! There are times I forget to. 😅
Yay!!
Thanks so much for the tips!! And there are a lot of important moments sprinkles throughout the book.
And yes, you should keep reading. Nothing outside the Orb is creepy. 🙂 -
Koshka replied to the topic When is dark writing no longer writing for God? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years, 9 months ago
Interesting topic, and very important.
I don’t write or read anything I would call dark, or that feels off to me. (However, some of what I write could be done in a very sickening/graphic/dark way. I don’t want that, and I won’t read that, so I’ve thought about this quite a lot for many reasons.)
As humanity, there is a…[Read more]
-
Light replied to the topic Anyone else love Moodboards/Aesthetics? in the forum Art 3 years, 9 months ago
I’m sorry, I just saw your moodboard. IT’s SO GOOD!!! I love it ❤️😀!! Great job.
So I was just reading through y’all’s conversation, and you talked so much about Sam and Frodo…
Ahhhh!!!! Those two are my absolute favorite favorite characters of LotR. Admittedly I’ve only read the books, but that means I have a closer…
- Load More
