Do your characters tend to be more extraverted or introverted?

Home Page Forums General Site Info Topic of the Week Do your characters tend to be more extraverted or introverted?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Whaley
    @whalekeeper
      • Total Posts: 2581

My charries tend to be a mix of both.

For example, my pet RP character, Sebastian, has no problem speaking his mind, whether it be filled with genuine honesty or loud insults. But he just doesn’t like people. They give him a headache.

It’s like they aren’t afraid of socializing – they just choose not to. So they all have hints of ambivert, but lean one way or the other. I don’t think I’ve ever had a hard-core introvert or extrovert. Sometimes a character will start one way, and end up the other.

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Esther
      @esther-c
        • Total Posts: 3201

@kathleenramm

I think I have a pretty good mix of both.

Everton is extroverted.

Amidala is definitely introverted.

Corie is extroverted.

Tyrone is introverted, but in his story, he ran away from home, so he doesn’t have any true friends. 🙁😅

Personally, I’m extroverted around people I know, but introverted around people I don’t know.

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 8156

@kathleenramm. Introverted by far. XD But a lot of my characters think a lot and are normally battling with internal conflicts, so it makes sense. 😉

Plus, I’m more introverted…unless I’m around my family, which is when I get louder for sure. XD

Smiley
          @smiley
            • Total Posts: 2179

I’m really in the middle, and it really depends on the character’s past. Mostly because my characters all have terrible pasts, but they probably lean more introverted.

Oxygen shortage

do your part, hold your breath

hybridlore
            @hybridlore
              • Total Posts: 1354

Oh usually introverts!! Lol I like characters like me 😂 Although my characters aren’t usually afraid to do something to get the story moving, XD and I might be 🤣🤣

There is always light behind the clouds.
              - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Pixie
              @pixie
                • Total Posts: 23

Wow. Hello best friend of my little sister. I just hopped onto this site for the first time, and am honored to suddenly run across someone whom I not only know but whose book I’ve had the privilege of reading!!

Bugsy would agree that you’re more of an E, but you still can’t hold a candle to him in that respect.

Whaley
                @whalekeeper
                  • Total Posts: 2581

Just had a random thought that fell under this topic, and wondered if anyone else had thoughts too! (I know it’s been a long time since this was updated, but I love these questions honestly)

For those of you who have multiple WIPs… does one of your WIPs have more introverted characters, while another has extroverts?

I discovered my “Sebverse” WIP has more extroverted MCs, while Project Chrysanthemum characters are much more quiet and reserved. And it’s really struck me recently. Especially while working on Project C – I have at least four main characters out of five, including the protagonist, who don’t speak a lot and prefer cruising through life without a lot of narration. It wasn’t even deliberate, but it just feels right for the setting and ideas.

Anyone else do this?

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Trailblazer
                  @trailblazer
                    • Total Posts: 584

@whalekeeper

I feel like the majority of my characters are introverts, mainly because I’m more introverted. I’ve tried to create extroverted characters to add balance, but I’ve found it difficult because I don’t relate. I would say not all my characters are extreme introverts; I’ve come out of my shell more in the past couple years, so my characters tend to be more ambivert now. Most would need time to themselves to recharge, but also enjoy being around people. And this holds true pretty much across the board, no matter which WIP they’re from.

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  >