@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Introducing Myself in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
Hi, Dragon Snapper, most esteemed of writers! Thank you for your comment.
*sighs of relief*
I like to write both poems and stories. I dont write much fantasy. My favorite kinds of stories to write are ones that have real historical figures in them that I base the story around, like Jesus or Joseph.
Or Perpetua. Ever heard if her? She was…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Oh, thank you, @dekreel! I would just LOVE to be in a story, even if it takes a while!!
Ok. Lets see.
I am fifteen, a girl, and have medium length curly brown hair and blue eyes. I would prefer to be a human, as I dont know what else I would be. The only magical powers I have is that I can enchant or cast a spell on anything by singing in a…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 6 months ago
*let’s do this*
There once was a man Degrande,
With a wooden can in his hand,
A frog on his head,
Heavy as lead,
And from the Kapeefer land.
There once was a man Degrande,
The brother of the frog man.
With towering hair,
A banter fair,
Daniel, the man firsthand.
There once was a man Degrande,
Wiser, he was…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Story Tagging in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@Catwing Okay, I will do this tag today if I have time. But don’t tag someone else. I actually have something.
*goes to finish off school, and actually start it in the first place*
-
Snapper replied to the topic You Know You're a Kapeefer When… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@ariel-ashira Haha! 😀 And we just met!
-
Snapper replied to the topic A Catwing Christmas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@catwing This is my favorite one so far. XD XD Chosen Kid. Thank goodness you didn’t tag @ethryndal.
Oh wait…
-
Snapper replied to the topic Introducing Myself in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@ariel-ashira Welcome to the Bestiestest place on the internets! 😀
I am Dragon Snapper, otherwise known as Danielle, or Snaps, or Snapper. I have a nice plethora of names around here.
😛
And don’t be scared! There is no way you’re not good enough. That’s what we do here as writers, we grow. We help each other, lift each other up. So I’m glad…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira started the topic Introducing Myself in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
Hi, everyone!!!
I am so thrilled to meet you, and to be part of the kingdom! To be quite honest, I feel very intimidated by this group of pen warriors. I mean, I thought I was a writer, and then I discovered KP. And there I found writers so amazing that I thought they only existed in my imagination. I was so exited because these were people li…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 6 months ago
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
(It’s six o clock here, but I’m so tired I literally tagged you @goodnight)
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice I actually do like bouncy. I just don’t quite like the musical interpretation of a few of the songs, which makes them sound rough and broken. My favorite song would probably be King of New York. For a good New York accent I’d recommend Peter Falk. He’s an American comedic character actor who was actually born in New York. I have…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writing Prompts in the forum Art 8 years, 6 months ago
*jumps in brandishing notebook of story prompts*
So, one of the most interesting writing prompts I’ve ever done was to start with J.R.R. Tolkien’s “In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit…” and then to work out what hobbits are and why they live in a hole. The only rule is, of course, that your hobbits can’t be anything like Tolkien’s. It…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Yeah, the music in Phantom is much more sophisticated, but I like how fun and bouncy Newsies is (and I love how cute they are when they’re angry too). I wouldn’t know a good NY accent from a bad one, but it’s always annoyed me that all the characters in Les Mis have Cockney accents when they are French. And yes, th…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writing Prompts in the forum Art 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice 🙂 I would SO love to write it! I don’t know that I’m good enough, though. 🙁 If no one takes it, and I eventually finish my other projects, I will probably try to give it a go.
I’d be much better at cooking.
Oh, here we are in the kitchen again! 😀 I don’t like following recipes either.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice One of my favorite books several years ago was about the newsboy riots, so the story is very interesting to me. As for the music, I like it okay. I liked the music from Phantom much better. The New York accents are hilarious in that most of them are pretty badly done…as I’m sure you say about the fake Scottish accents of Brigadoon…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writing Prompts in the forum Art 8 years, 6 months ago
Ah, I just realised that you’re giving the idea to us to use. I should read things properly sometimes, it would really help me in life. I’d be much better at cooking.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Oh yes, I’m currently multitasking between making origami flowers and outlining my sequel.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Newsies is one of my favourites! Are you enjoying it?
I have heard of Oliver, but I purposely haven’t listened to it yet because I’m very strict about adhering to the rule of reading the book first. and despite calling myself a Dickens love, I have not read Oliver Twist. Shocking, I know. So I plan to listen to it after I’ve read…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writing Prompts in the forum Art 8 years, 6 months ago
Ha! I always knew Legolas was extremely untrustworthy…
I’d read it. and probably reread it! It sounds like a really good plot and definitely has room for some great character development. I think you should definitely go for it, when you get time (ha…time…)
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Hey there! You caught me in the middle of a Newsies clip! 😀
I can probably be on for a half hour or so, but then I’ve got to go to bed.
Now for the musicals: You must have heard of Oliver!, since it’s based on Charles Dickens’ (who you said you like) novel Oliver Twist. Or have you not? How about The Student Prince? In that…[Read more]
- Load More
