Introducing Myself

Home Page ā€ŗ Forums ā€ŗ General Site Info ā€ŗ Start HERE ā€ŗ Introducing Myself

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    Ariel Ashira
    @ariel-ashira
      • Total Posts: 739

Hi, everyone!!!

I am so thrilled to meet you, and to be part of the kingdom! Ā To be quite honest, I feel very intimidated by this group of pen warriors. Ā I mean, I thought I was a writer, and then I discovered KP. Ā And there I found writers so amazing that I thought they only existed in my imagination. I was so exited because these were people like me ā€“ young, loved to write, and wanted to honor God while doing it. Ā But I am feeling kind of scared, because I dont know if Iā€™m good enough to be a part of KP.

I have been reading all the stuff on the forum, so I feel like I have a decent idea who you are. Ā I will tell you a little about myself. Ā I am fifteen and along with a passion for writing I enjoy singing ( which Im even worse at than writing, but I am getting better) painting, and drawing. Ā My rank describes me pretty accurately, and I will more than welcome any advice you can give me! Ā So glad to be here and meet you all!

Ā 

"In a mask, was he?"

Snapper
      @dragon-snapper
        • Total Posts: 3515

@ariel-ashira Welcome to the Bestiestest place on the internets! šŸ˜€

I am Dragon Snapper, otherwise known as Danielle, or Snaps, or Snapper. I have a nice plethora of names around here.

šŸ˜›

And donā€™t be scared! There is no way youā€™re not good enough. Thatā€™s what we do here as writers, we grow. We help each other, lift each other up. So Iā€™m glad youā€™re here! šŸ˜€ What do you like to write?

ā˜€ ā˜€ ā˜€ ENFP ā˜€ ā˜€ ā˜€

Grace H.
        @gh24682468999
          • Total Posts: 199

@ariel-ashira Welcome to the bestistest place on the Internet! Iā€™m glad youā€™re here to join us.

Just a few words of encouragement ā€“ if you write, youā€™re a writer, and it doesnā€™t really matter how good you are so long as you keep growing. I think we all struggle with comparison here on the Forum (like, there are published authors hanging around here) and to be honest, with 130ish posts, I still feel like a newbie. Just remember that even when a brilliant writer signs up for the Forum, they still get to be a ā€œbumbling henchmanā€ for like their first 25 posts, so donā€™t worry about that. šŸ˜‰ šŸ˜›

Iā€™m sure youā€™ll find great advice here at KP, and Iā€™m sure too that you have great things to share with others too! We all learn from each other.

What are some of your favorite books?

It's g-h, 2-4-6-8 twice, three 9's
          literatureforthelight.wordpress.com

Ariel Ashira
          @ariel-ashira

Hi, Dragon Snapper, most esteemed of writers! Ā Thank you for your comment.

*sighs of relief*

I like to write both poems and stories. Ā I dont write much fantasy. My favorite kinds of stories to write are ones that have real historical figures in them that I base the story around, like Jesus or Joseph.

Or Perpetua. Ā Ever heard if her? Ā She was a christian in Roman Carthage, Tunisia, A.D. 203 who was martyred in the amphitheater for her faith along with four others. Ā We know about her because she kept a diary. Ā The book I am working on now is based around her story, from the view of a slave girl named Mahinia. Ā It all takes a lot of research, but it is so fun!

But I can write fantasy as well.

Does that answer your question?

So amazing to meet you, Snapper!

"In a mask, was he?"

Ariel Ashira
            @ariel-ashira

Thank you Grace!

I actually laughed for the longest time at the term ā€ bumbling henchmanā€. Ā It struck me so funny!

Some of my favorite books are ā€œThe Bronze Bowā€ by Elizabeth George Speare, and ā€œThe Cat of Bubastisā€ by G.A. Henty. Ā I like those authors a lot. Ā I also like the unabridged ā€œBen-Hurā€ by Lew Wallace, even though its a difficult read.

"In a mask, was he?"

Kaya Young
              @kaya-young
                • Total Posts: 272

@ariel-ashiraĀ  Hello! I am so excited that you are joining us here on the best corner of the internet ever! I totally agree with Grace, even at what seems like a lot of posts I still feel like I just joined in on the fun. šŸ˜‰

Do you have any favorite movies?

The Kingdom has been torn asunder...
                http://www.encircledbygrace.com/

Elizabeth
                @that_writer_girl_99
                  • Total Posts: 1819

Hello there! @ariel-ashira Welcome to the forum!

My nameā€™s Elizabeth. Iā€™ve been on the forum for about a year now, but Iā€™m still struggling with comparing myself to the crazy talented writers ā€™round these parts, so fear not. You arenā€™t alone.

Your WIP sounds cool! Iā€™m working on a fantasy novel at the moment, but I also like writing fanfiction, ā€™cause Iā€™m obsessed with so many TV shows and the like. Do you watch much TV?

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Ariel Ashira
                  @ariel-ashira

Good to meet you, Kaya!

Favorite movies? Ā I like ā€œThe Robeā€(19ā€“) and ā€œBen-Hurā€(1969) a lot. Ā I also recently fell in love with Dreamworks animated ā€œPrince of Egyptā€. Ā All those movies also have fantastic soundtracks! Ā What kind do you like?

"In a mask, was he?"

Ariel Ashira
                    @ariel-ashira

Hello, Elizabeth! Ā Thank you.

Our family has never had a TV. šŸ™‚

And please excuse my ignorance, but what does WIP mean?

"In a mask, was he?"

Joy
                      @dekreel
                        • Total Posts: 2304

@ariel-ashiraĀ  *screams in your face* WELCOME TO THE BESTEST PLACE IN CYBERSPACE!!

Iā€™ve said it before, and Iā€™m going to say it again: I love your signature. XD

Do you know your MBTI type? (Did that already get askedā€¦?)

As for your doubting whether or not you belong, you are not alone!! I posted a topic about self-doubt here, when I was going through basically the same problem. I hope it helps you! šŸ˜‰

What are a few of your favorite books?

You can pronounce it however you want.

Joy
                        @dekreel
                          • Total Posts: 2304

@ariel-ashiraĀ  WIP stands for Work In Progress. So whatever book or novella youā€™re working on is your WIP šŸ˜‰

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Joy. Reason: grammar :P

You can pronounce it however you want.

Kaya Young
                          @kaya-young
                            • Total Posts: 272

@ariel-ashiraĀ  I like all kinds of movies, just as long as they arenā€™t too scary. šŸ˜‰

I also had no clue what WIP meant, but someone told me that it stood for ā€œwork in progressā€ā€¦.

What music do you like to listen to?

The Kingdom has been torn asunder...
                            http://www.encircledbygrace.com/

Elizabeth
                            @that_writer_girl_99
                              • Total Posts: 1819

Oh, okay, cool. šŸ˜‰ @ariel-ashira

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Rochellaine
                              @rochellaine
                                • Total Posts: 3322

@ariel-ashira Hello and welcome!!!!Ā  Iā€™m so excited that thereā€™s another person here who writes historical fiction!Ā  (Most people around here write fantasy, as Iā€™m sure youā€™ve noticed.)Ā  His-fic is my favorite genre, thought I write a lot of contemporary realistic fiction as well.Ā  Do you ever write contemporary, or just historical fiction?

I like singing even better than writingā€¦which is something I probably shouldnā€™t say when surrounded by so many writers, but itā€™s true. šŸ˜€Ā  What kinds of music do you like to sing?

I love G. A. Henty, and we have about 90% of the books he wrote in our library, thanks to our grandmother. šŸ™‚Ā  My favorites by him are The Tiger of Mysore and In the Reign of Terror.Ā  Have you read either of those?

Oh, and just a hint before I go: if you tag people here, like we tagged you, by using the tag listed under their names, we get an email announcing you responded to us so we know to come back here and continue the conversation.Ā  My tag is ā€œ@ā€ followed by ā€œrochellaineā€.Ā  Simple.Ā  Some others are harder, like Graceā€™s, but youā€™ll get used to itā€¦I hope! šŸ˜€

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Ariel Ashira
                                @ariel-ashira

So excited to say HELLO DEKREEL! Ā I thought my signature was pretty lousy, so thank you! Ā I was looking at your signature wishing I could come up with something that clever.

What is MBTI?

I now know what WIP means. Ā Thank you!

In responce to Grace I mentioned a few favorite books.

"In a mask, was he?"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 98 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >