Writers' Corner #14

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #14

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 1,033 total)
  • Author
    Rochellaine
    @rochellaine
      • Total Posts: 3322

I’m leaving now, but I’ll be back in about an hour, hopefully.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
      @seekjustice
        • Total Posts: 3365

@rochellaine

I might be around this afternoon but I’m not sure as we’re going out for my brother’s birthday and I’m not sure when we’ll be back.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
        @rochellaine

@seekjustice Tell your brother “happy birthday” from some random person online! 🙂

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Jenna Terese
          @jenwriter17
            • Total Posts: 2522

@rochellaine yeah, I’m pretty much the same…

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
            www.jennaterese.com

Elizabeth
            @that_writer_girl_99
              • Total Posts: 1819

I’m here to write, who’s with me? @rochellaine @jenwriter17 @dekreel

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Rochellaine
              @rochellaine

@that_writer_girl_99 Hi!  I’m here.  What are you working on?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Elizabeth
                @that_writer_girl_99

Hey there! @rochellaine I’m working on a character analysis project that’ll go up on my blog at some point.

Rochellaine
                  @rochellaine

@that_writer_girl_99 Cool!  I’m attempting to write a very short story for an idea I had this afternoon.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Elizabeth
                    @that_writer_girl_99

Haha, good luck! I’ve never had much luck with short stories. @rochellaine

Rochellaine
                      @rochellaine

@that_writer_girl_99 Thanks! 😀  I haven’t done any very amazing short stories, but I like to think that I’m slowly getting better. 🙂  I prefer writing novels, but I have too many ideas in my head to make them all into novels, so some I try to condense into short stories.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Elizabeth
                        @that_writer_girl_99

Haha, yeah. Good for you. 😉 @rochellaine

Rochellaine
                          @rochellaine

@that_writer_girl_99 Okay, I’m going to go now.  I got a little bit done, but I’m not sure I’m satisfied with it. 🙁  Happy writing to you!

@seekjustice
                            Let me know when you get back, as usual! 🙂  (And, just in case you were wondering, I’ve got *checks list* FOUR more musicals for you. 😀 )  And I’ve been listening to Newsies.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Rochellaine.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
                            @rochellaine

Anyone feel like writing with me? @dekreel @seekjustice @anyone-else-who-is-crazy-or-lives-in-Australia-or-both

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                              @seekjustice
                                • Total Posts: 3365

@rochellaine

I don’t know if you’re still here, but I’ve finally got time to write (yay!!!).

More musicals?? (YAY!!!!) Hit me! Well, no, don’t hit me, throw them gently.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
                                @rochellaine

@seekjustice Hey there!  You caught me in the middle of a Newsies clip! 😀

I can probably be on for a half hour or so, but then I’ve got to go to bed.

Now for the musicals: You must have heard of Oliver!, since it’s based on Charles Dickens’ (who you said you like) novel Oliver Twist.  Or have you not?  How about The Student Prince?  In that one the prince falls in love with a commoner, but he has to marry according to his rank so that the country will not have problems, so he has this amazing song where he prays, promising to walk with God, and then says goodbye to the girl, going to marry the woman he is supposed to marry.  Unusual twist to the “commoner and royalty” story we hear so often!

My favorite in this list will be Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.  As you can gather from the title, it’s really funny.  The oldest brother of the seven gets married in the beginning, and his brothers decide they need wives too, but they don’t know how to woo the girls of the town since they’re rough backwoodsmen.  Their big brother has been reading all about the Sabine women in a book his wife brought with her when she married him, and advises his brothers to kidnap the girls they want to marry just like the Romans did.  However, he reminds them that since they’re “civilized folks” they have to “kidnap the parson along with them!” 😀 😀  You probably won’t like the music of that one as much, though, since it’s older.

Lastly is Kismet, which is about a poor poet in Baghdad who accidentally gets taken for a beggar, and then for a magician, and decides that both will pay off so he continues to pretend to curse and un-curse people…um I don’t really know how to explain it, but he’s really funny.

Okay, that was way too long an explanation.  But have you heard of any of those before?  And what are you working on now? (writing, I mean.)

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 1,033 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >