@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic What genre do you write in? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I actually do! Some of it anyway. I don’t necessarily believe that dragons themselves were ever real, but I’ve read a lot about the possibility of dragons and dinosaurs being the same thing and over time, after dinosaurs went extinct, the stories of them getting more and more exaggerated until we have the fire-breathing mythological…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic A Request in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice .thank you! There is a specific thread for this?
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Create-a-story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Yours counts because it was first, and I have posted more latley so its really your turn. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Create-a-story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@ariel-ashira Whoops! I’ve been expecting this to happen since the topic started: two of us posted at the same time.
What do we do now? 🙂
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Create-a-story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Ahh! I didnt know you had posted one when I posted mine! This is to funny.
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Create-a-story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I close the sack and we begin making our way back up the Ravine wall. We both freeze as we hear above us the same crackling footsteps that haunted us on our way here above us in the blackness. I lose my foothold on a rock and I slide to another just as it goes tumbling down the Ravine wall and lands with a thud at the bottom.
We both hang t…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Create-a-story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
“Here,” I whisper, “its behind this pile of stones in a sack.”
Akira nods and we start loosening the rocks sealing the stone’s hiding place. As the enemy creeps steadily closer, we finally break through the barrier. I grab the sack and peek inside to affirm it is still safe. The stone, no larger than my palm, glows a soft grey. I close the s…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Why Do You Blog? in the forum Non-Fiction 8 years, 6 months ago
@Dekreel I think the reason a lot of us blog is to build a platform for when we get published. That’s part of the reason I do it. The other part is because people tell me I’m mildly entertaining, and I figured I’d better take advantage of that while I can. 😉
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic A Request in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
Definitely will be praying!
(On a side note, there’s actually a whole thread where we can post and respond to prayer requests, which most of us visit frequently)
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic A Request in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine. Thank you for praying! Okay, I didn’t know if I was breaking a rule by posting something unrelated to writing. KP is just such a good place to ask things like this. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic A Request in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@ariel-ashira Praying for you!
And don’t worry about it not being about writing. People post prayer requests here all the time. I did, myself, a few days ago.
-
Ariel Ashira started the topic A Request in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
Dear Kapeefers,
I just wanted to ask you guys to be praying for my family, as we are going through some major changes right now and we need God’s guidance and protection. I guess this doesn’t have much to do with writing, although it does affect how much I get to write. 🙂 I can’t go into much detail right now, but I thought I would still ask y…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Don’t apologize. I couldn’t agree with you more, but even if I disagreed, I would still appreciate you being so real with us! Thank you for all you have said.
@cacatwing I love your cat! Looks so much like mine, except mine are outdoors.
@warrenluther04 I hope you aren’t scared to put me in a story after all this. 🙂 It tak…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 8 years, 6 months ago
@sleepwalkingmk Oh, those are some good ones you’ve seen! 🙂 (I actually haven’t seen all of them yet. But I’ve seen at least clips of all of them.)
Maybe this will make you feel better about the old westerns:

(As I said before, I don’t like John Wayne either. 🙂 ) Gene Autry and Roy Rogers had a much cleaner style. I don’t remember whe…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 Oh, did you cry too? I cried. Even though I’d read it before, and knew what would happen, I still cried. And if I read it again – and I probably will – I’ll cry again.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@sleepwalkingmk Thank you for agreeing with me! 😀 (I like it when people agree with me. [Is there anyone who doesn’t like it when people agree with them?] 🙂 )
*hands out white carnations* *weeps* I’m sorry, I’m busy today and won’t be able to attend your funeral. But I’m not convinced you actually died. Couldn’t you possibly be only mostly dead?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic What genre do you write in? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@sam-kowal Okay, let me back up. 😀 When I said Pilgrim’s Progress was the original fantasy work I didn’t necessarily mean it was the first fantasy work, since I haven’t researched the area of fantasy very extensively. I do consider it at least one of the first fantasy works, and perhaps the first major one.
The difference between it and …[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 6 months ago
@daughteroftheking Awesome! Thanks 😉
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@catwing Because pie is yummy. *wiggles eyebrows*
@rochellaine I was half convinced @dekreel was a fox for a while. I’m sorted out now though. 😉 (you know you’re a Kapeefer when you know the species of your fellow writers, because they’re not all human.)
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic New here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@filewriterbase13x Ah, yes. I can never figure out how many spoilers about my story is too many. 😛 Nice profile pic! Did you draw it yourself?
- Load More
