Create-a-story

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    Ariel Ashira
    @ariel-ashira
      • Total Posts: 739

@ingrid. Thank you for correcting my part!  Sorry.

I like the name you chose!  Now, how can we finish this piece of writing in a raspberry worthy, chair melting, cape flinging way?  *eats some chocolate to help me think*

"In a mask, was he?"

Ariel Ashira
      @ariel-ashira

@ingridrd

* hits head on hand*  why do I keep forgeting the right tag???

"In a mask, was he?"

Ariel Ashira
        @ariel-ashira

@ingridrd

” It’s probably nothing.”  She’s not a very good liar.  “Just be careful.”

We begin lowering ourselves into the Ravine, one toehold at a time.  The only light we have is from the pale moon and the dim flicker of enemy torches that steadily come closer as we pick our way down.  We finally reach the Ravine floor and land with a muffled clank of sheathes and armor.  I grab Akira’s wrist and pull her behind me in the direction of the stone.  Our breath sounds loud in the air, broken only by a wolf howl far above or the faint sound of the enemy searching for the stone.

“Here,” I whisper, “its behind this pile of stones in a sack.”

Akira nods and we start loosening the rocks sealing the stone’s hiding place.

"In a mask, was he?"

Lunar Inklings
          @bekreations
            • Total Posts: 45

Akira nods and we start loosening the rocks sealing the stone’s hiding place.  As the enemy creeps steadily closer, we finally break through the barrier.  I grab the sack and peek inside to affirm it is still safe.  The stone, no larger than my palm, glows a soft grey.  I close the sack and we begin making our way back up the ravine wall.

Reader, Writer, Arter (oops I mean Artist)

bekreations.wordpress.com

Rochellaine
            @rochellaine
              • Total Posts: 3322

Akira nods and we start loosening the rocks sealing the stone’s hiding place.  As the enemy creeps steadily closer, we finally break through the barrier.  I grab the sack and peek inside to affirm it is still safe.  The stone, no larger than my palm, glows a soft grey.  I close the sack and we begin making our way back up the ravine wall.

Suddenly a flash of light appears and two men stand beside us.  We jump back and prepare to fight, and they look at us warily.  “Give us the machine,” one of them says.

Akira and I look at each other in confusion.  What is a machine?  The men watch us for a moment, glancing at the sack in my hand, then the other one speaks into a small black box, “Gintley, beam all four of us up there.  These are the people we’ve been looking for.”

(Whoa, how do you like that twist? Sorry if you don’t.  I just love making twists. 😀 )

@dekreel
              (because, you know…)

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Ariel Ashira
              @ariel-ashira

I close the sack and we begin making our way back up the Ravine wall.  We both freeze as we hear above us the same crackling footsteps that haunted us on our way here above us in the blackness.  I lose my foothold on a rock and I slide to another just as it goes tumbling down the Ravine wall and lands with a thud at the bottom.

We both hang there on the side of the Ravine, stiff with terror.  The enemy heard the rock fall and we can hear their shouts and see their torches approaching.  Akila grabs my hand and hoists me to the next ledge.  “Hurry!” she hisses.

The enemy reaches the bottom of the wall and with triumphant yells begin climbing after us.  My side is sending shooting pains through me again.

Then above us we hear a whispering voice.  “Grab my hand!  Ill pull you up.”  Fren!

"In a mask, was he?"

Ariel Ashira
                @ariel-ashira

Ahh!  I didnt know you had posted one when I posted mine!  This is to funny.

"In a mask, was he?"

Rochellaine
                  @rochellaine

@ariel-ashira Whoops!  I’ve been expecting this to happen since the topic started: two of us posted at the same time.

What do we do now? 🙂

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Ariel Ashira
                    @ariel-ashira

Yours counts because it was first, and I have posted more latley so its really your turn.  🙂

"In a mask, was he?"

Lunar Inklings
                      @bekreations

@ariel-ashira @rochellaine what if we did both?

I close the sack and we begin making our way back up the ravine wall.

We both freeze as we hear above us the same crackling footsteps that haunted us on our way here above us in the blackness.  I lose my foothold on a rock and I slide to another just as it goes tumbling down the Ravine wall and lands with a thud at the bottom.

We both hang there on the side of the Ravine, stiff with terror.  The enemy heard the rock fall and we can hear their shouts and see their torches approaching.  Akila grabs my hand and hoists me to the next ledge.  “Hurry!” she hisses.

The enemy reaches the bottom of the wall and with triumphant yells begin climbing after us.  My side is sending shooting pains through me again.

Then above us we hear a whispering voice.  “Grab my hand!  Ill pull you up.”  Fren!

He pulls us up and we begin running.

“Fren! What are you doing here?” I pant.

He grimaces.  “I-”

Suddenly, a flash of light appears and two men stand beside us.  We jump back and prepare to fight, and they look at us warily.  “Give us the machine,” one of them says.

Akira and I look at each other in confusion.  What is a machine?  The men watch us for a moment, glancing at the sack in my hand, then the other one speaks into a small black box, “Gintley, beam all five of us up there.  These are the people we’ve been looking for.”

Rochellaine
                        @rochellaine

@bekreations Oh, thanks! 😀 I was considering suggesting something like that, but wasn’t sure how to put it together.  You did great!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Ariel Ashira
                          @ariel-ashira

@bekreations Ooh!  I love it!  Nice job merging the two!

"In a mask, was he?"

Lunar Inklings
                            @bekreations

@ariel-ashira @rochellaine  Thanks/your welcome 🙂  Now, how to finish the story?  Hmm…

Akira and I look at each other in confusion.  What is a machine?  The men watch us for a moment, glancing at the sack in my hand, then the other one speaks into a small black box, “Gintley, beam all five of us up there.  These are the people we’ve been looking for.”

A light flashes around the five of us, and I feel tingly all over my body.  The next thing I know, I am in an empty white room, thoroughly confused.

Ariel Ashira
                              @ariel-ashira

Are you saying it was a dream?

"In a mask, was he?"

Rochellaine
                                @rochellaine

@ariel-ashira You’ve never seen Star Trek? 🙂

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 123 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >