Why Do You Blog?

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Non-Fiction Why Do You Blog?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Joy
    @dekreel
      • Total Posts: 2304

Someday, unfortunately NOT someday soon, I want to start a blog. But basically the only reason I want to right now is because a bunch of you guys are also doing it, and I want to join the bandwagon. And because, well, who wouldn’t want a website where they talked about themselves a lot??

So I was wondering if there are other better, less self-centered and more meaningful reasons to blog

I am far from starting a blog myself. I really want to, though!!

@radically-surrendered  @jane-maree  @dragon-snapper  @ethryndal  @seekjustice  @supermonkey42  @mark-kamibaya  @audrey-caylin  @winter-rose  @kate-flournoy  @other-bloggers…

You can pronounce it however you want.

Ben Powell
      @supermonkey42
        • Total Posts: 273

@dekreel

I like to imagine that the purpose of my blog is to inform and educate the citizens of the Internet on new and interesting topics, as well as provide them with a short story and a few writing tips once in a while.

But, in all reality, I just wanted a place to share all the random stuff I was writing and stuffing in a drawer. And, also, if I ever get anything published, I might have a sizable following by then, and perhaps some of them would buy my work. And the last, least noble reason: I was bored.

Maybe I should have waited until I had a better reason to start a blog? Idk. Too late now. 🙂

Are there better reasons to start a blog? Probably. Do I know of any? Nope.

A Kapeefer for life!
        Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

Mark Kamibaya
        @mark-kamibaya
          • Total Posts: 318

@dekreel Idk I guess I also have relatively selfish reasons for blogging. My blog is really just a filing cabinet full of stuff I’ve learned (that might be helpful for other people).

Whenever I learn some really cool insight on Scripture or life in general I write up a blog post about it. Or if I want to delve into story theory/mechanics then I blog about what I’ve learned. That’s basically it.

I blog on story and spiritual things at mkami.weebly.com

MNValentine
          @mnvalentine
            • Total Posts: 123

@dekreel I’m going to start a blog soonish too, and I would say the main reason to have a blog as a writer is to publicize your work. That does sound kind of selfish right off, but if you think about it, your blog is basically just serving the end of spreading whatever the themes of your work are. Hope that made sense 😀

Silence! Silence everyone, for the king's speech!

Ethryndal
            @ethryndal
              • Total Posts: 1013

@Dekreel I think the reason a lot of us blog is to build a platform for when we get published. That’s part of the reason I do it. The other part is because people tell me I’m mildly entertaining, and I figured I’d better take advantage of that while I can. 😉

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

SleepwalkingMK
              @sleepwalkingmk
                • Total Posts: 179

( @ethryndal I just found your blog today. And you are much more than mildly entertaining.)

@dekreel
                I don’t have a blog, but I want to have a website at least in the future. This is what I’ve heard: If you want one for writerly reasons, blogging helps with platform. People have a place to find you (though an author website can do that too), and you can share your writing, articles, or just random things there. It helps you get known and have a home base.

Read to explore worlds, write to create them.

Ethryndal
                @ethryndal
                  • Total Posts: 1013

@SleepwalkingMK Hehehehe…. 😎

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Jane Maree
                  @jane-maree
                    • Total Posts: 909

@Dekreel all the reasons I blog can be summed up into one reason: I’m building relationships.

Part of the relationship building is to have a platform, but even that is a matter of building a circle of friends who will help you and encourage you and whom you can help and encourage.

I don’t blog for myself. I blog to make relationships. To meet new people and to send a bit of hope their way. To encourage them and to spur them onward.

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Snapper
                    @dragon-snapper
                      • Total Posts: 3515

I blog for. The same reasons as Jane and Sarah, to amuse people while building relationships. Not all of my posts are meant to be amusing, such as the more spiritual posts. But yeah… basically, those are the reasons I blog.

@dekreel

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    >