@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 8 years, 6 months ago
Oh, its a very common term to refer to Australia, presumably because its down under the rest of civilisation. Its not offensive, but whenever I hear it used it just strikes me that the person has no idea about Australia and is relying mostly on stereoypes.
People were transported to Australia for almost no reason at all and they…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic What genre do you write in? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Haha! But that wouldn’t really make sense with the rest of the description, since it’s all about how awesome and terrifying the beast is. 😀 So why use a sapling? If his tail isn’t impressive, just don’t mention it!
Ah, okay. Notes taken: An Australian may understand the word “sofa” but will never use it.
You may note your…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic What genre do you write in? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
A very small and weedy sapling perhaps?
I’ve read enough American books to know what it means, but we usually use the word lounge and couch sometimes.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Why? I actually don’t really know the phrase except as the title of the series. 🙂 Is it an insult or something?
Well, technically there’s the Botany Bay part of your history, which would explain why the people weren’t originally very nice. 🙂 (I’m not saying that to offend you. You can say as many bad things about American hi…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 8 years, 6 months ago
I’ve never read it. I’m instantly suspicious of anyone using the phrase Down Under though.
We have our “gentleman bushrangers” like Ben Hall and Harry Power, but for the most part they were a pretty nasty lost.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic The Ballad of Private Poe in the forum Poetry 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 Oh, thank you! I’m so glad you liked it. 😀 *notes to let you know when I do publish that poem book* 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 8 years, 6 months ago
I don’t think even Arthur was doing that well (Mordred wasn’t one of his proud moments).
Wow! I’ve never really read about cowboys but they do sound pretty cool! All I know about them is the stereotypical stuff everyone else uses to make fun of them.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Oh, and while I don’t know much about bushrangers, I like them, too. Have you read the Adventures Down Under series by Robert Elmer? Is that series accurate? If so, I can say I enjoyed it immensely. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic What genre do you write in? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Oh yes! I always find it funny that people try to say the behemoth is an elephant or hippo, because I have seen several elephants and hippos, and read about them extensively, but never have I heard of one with a tail as big as a tree. 😀
Wait…you don’t use the word “sofa?” Haha. 🙂 Just “couch,” huh? At least you knew what it…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic What genre do you write in? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@ethryndal Yes, what @seekjustice said. They were one of the reasons God chose to Flood the earth. Children of demons and humans are evil, obviously. 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic What genre do you write in? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
(*whispers* we don’t use the word sofa in Australia)
But yeah I understand what you’re saying. I just try to say dinosaurs otherwise people look at you rather oddly.
The KJV bible mentions dragons in several places! And the Behemoth is usually said to be a hippo/elephant but I definitely think its a dinosaur.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice 😀 😀 But actually, just like the code of the knights was idealistic and none of them really followed it but Arthur and Galahad, (completely get rid of Lancelot. I don’t think he even tried. 😀 ) so is this code the code of the idealistic cowboy. True historic cowboys had faults like normal people.
However, if you do study A…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic What genre do you write in? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Why Do You Blog? in the forum Non-Fiction 8 years, 6 months ago
@SleepwalkingMK Hehehehe…. 😎
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic What genre do you write in? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
The Bible mentions the fact that demons had children by human women, who became giants and monsters
Whoa, wait, where was that?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 8 years, 6 months ago
Goodness, it makes cowboys sound like the knights of the Round Table!
But really, I don’t understand why Americans have iconic, chivalrous cowboys and Australia has…bushrangers.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Create-a-story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@bekreations Oh, thanks! 😀 I was considering suggesting something like that, but wasn’t sure how to put it together. You did great!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic What genre do you write in? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Cool! 🙂 Yeah, actually I interchange the words “dragon” and “dinosaur” in much the same way as you would “couch” and “sofa.” To me they’re the same thing, so that’s actually what I meant. The Bible mentions a fire breathing creature of the same size and physical characteristics of a dinosaur in a couple of different places, so…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic A Request in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
Yes there is, here you go 😊
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic A Request in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@Ariel-Ashira Oh man, I can sympathize with the whole “major changes, God’s guidance” thing. I’ll pray for you and your family, dear. Hope everything turns out well.
- Load More
