-
Light replied to the topic Russo-Ukrainian War Novel. Please Critique! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 10 months ago
Yes!! I loved it! You’re so welcome! 🙂
Oh okay! Yeah, I was wondering how much you would write of the war, –since there are two sides to the story, and we’re not sure who’s right, –or as you said, how it affects the people.
Okay!! Thank you for explaining!! 😀
-
Light and
Felicity are now friends 3 years, 10 months ago -
Light replied to the topic Hey Everyone!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
That’s so cool! I think that would be illegal for me to do where I live . . . lol.
Aw, bummer! Yeah, me, my brothers, and friends do that in the summer. I don’t think it’s illegal here…I’ll have to check.
If you wanted to do that, you probably could! It might not be illegal as long as you don’t capture any creature that’s rare o…[Read more]
-
Erica replied to the topic Hey Everyone!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
In the summer, I’ll catch fish and maybe a salamander, and I keep them in my outside aquarium, and observe them and write down what I see, then a month or so later, I’ll let them go.
That’s so cool! I think that would be illegal for me to do where I live . . . lol.
-
Light replied to the topic First chapter of my book . . . in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 10 months ago
Hello and nice to meet you!
Nice to meet you too :D!!
Thank you! Arien is a kind of obscure character in The Silmarillion, and when I found it, I thought that’s cool, I think I’ll make that my pen name! 🙂
You’re welcome!! Oh, cool! I haven’t read the Silmarillion yet, but I’m gonna try and work up the courage to buy it and…read it XD.
<…[Read more] -
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic So…my draft has finally started…and I'd like some thoughts so far! 😀 in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 10 months ago
Finally caught up a bit on this! So glad you’re making such great progress!
Oh that was really sad 😭 I got a bit teary eyed lol.
Really good though! And yeah, that last line is PERFECTION! Like it fits perfectly, helps us understand Rikers conflict, and it just… 🤩?
Great work!
-
Light replied to the topic Hey Everyone!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
1. The only thing I don’t like about my pleco is how much it hides! Sometimes I don’t see it for days at a time lol 🙂
1. Oh, yeah, lol. I had a baby bluegill that I caught in the wild, and he would stay hidden all the time too! In the summer, I’ll catch fish and maybe a salamander, and I keep them in my outside aquarium, and obs…[Read more]
-
Light replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 10 months ago
Oh thanks! I’m so glad you like Lesli and Tauren!
You’re sooo welcome!! yes! they’re so Good!! 😀
I’m really savoring everything about how living underground is different, because they don’t know anything different….or do they? 🤨
Okay! Ooh mysterious… XD.
Anyways, 😂
It just y’know.. has to do with future thingys 😉…
-
Light and
Erica are now friends 3 years, 10 months ago -
Light replied to the topic Russo-Ukrainian War Novel. Please Critique! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 10 months ago
Oh, I really like this!! I love the set up of their home and family life.
Just wondering, how far into the Russo-Ukranian war is it? From what I understand, is it just beginning?
Yeah, @mineralizedwritings tip about changing up the action words with ing and no ing could help the story flow a little better.
Anyway, I loved it! Can’t…[Read more]
-
Light replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
Thanks! 😊 He’s kinda my favorite.
You’re welcome! Yeah, I can tell :).
…but don’t tell Ed and El. I’d like to keep my life XD
Oh yes! ! don’t want to lose a new friend! I won’t tell. XD
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Russo-Ukrainian War Novel. Please Critique! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 10 months ago
I really liked that!
Glad to see another present tense writer! We’re pretty far and few between here on KP. 😀
Something That I do to help with the flow is alternate action words with ing and no ing. For example, this sentence could be said with either way.
“I say, as I step inside.
“I say, stepping inside.
If I use “step”, then I…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 10 months ago
Oh thanks! I’m so glad you like Lesli and Tauren!
I’m really savoring everything about how living underground is different, because they don’t know anything different….or do they? 🤨
Anyways, 😂
It just y’know.. has to do with future thingys 😉
-
Light replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
Thank you! Okay, I thought so. I really like Dante’s character! He’s very intriguing. I love his personality!!
-
Light replied to the topic So…my draft has finally started…and I'd like some thoughts so far! 😀 in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 10 months ago
OH my gosh!! My heart!! RIKER!! it’s not your fault baby!! Not at all!!!
AND LEON AND ADELHIEDE!!! My goodness! Your sweet charries. LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!
UGH HANS!!!! YOU BETTER WATCH YOURSELF…
Girl!!! You did great on showing their feelings and overall reaction!! I mean, it’s heartbreaking, but you did a great job making my…[Read more]
-
Light replied to the topic So…my draft has finally started…and I'd like some thoughts so far! 😀 in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 10 months ago
AHHH!!! Thank y’all for all the kind words!!! <333
You’re so welcome, sweet friend!!!! 😀 🙂 <3 <3
And y’all…because of all of y’all’s encouragement, I’ve officially reached 37 pages in my draft of this book.
Thank y’all so much. 😭
Oh my goodness!!! That’s awesome!! You ARE SO WELCOME GIRL!! I’m so glad we were able to help encou…[Read more]
-
Light replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
Oh, I’m so sorry!! I’m just rocking the ‘mistaking someones character for another’ thing this month XD, right @mineralizedwritings ? XD.
For some reason, I thought Kad was your character i guess bc he’s in the group with Eddie and Ellie (Those are your charries right?) and Dante and Rueben and others.
You can probably just ignore my…
-
Light replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
Okay! Good ideas! Kad, you mean?
-
Light replied to the topic A Do Your Worst Variant (Let's share our old, and probably bad, work) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
TOTALLY!!!!
YES!! XD
Ok I will. 🙂
Hehe…your story is so cute. I love how…
The puppie’s parents were not sweet to them and they died. Heavenly Father killed the parents because they were mean to their children.
That’s so good!!! 😀Yay!! I just read the 2nd chapter, and it’s so cute!! That’s actually really good for 10-11! I’m gonna g…[Read more]
-
Erica replied to the topic Character Playlists in the forum Music 3 years, 10 months ago
@ava-blue @mineralizedwritings @felicity @freedomwriter76 @arien
Here’s basically my playlist for my WIP, Ruby Fire. (You might notice a fire theme, lol)
“I See Fire” (Peter Hollens)
“Burning” (Ludovico Einaudi)
“The Spheres” (Ola Gjeilo)
“Blackberry Winter I” (Nashville Chamber Orchestra)
“If I Can’t Love Her” (Terence Mann)
“Speechless” (Na…[Read more] - Load More
