-
Erica replied to the topic The Christmas Grandma Disappeared (Working Title) in the forum Short Story Critiques 3 years, 9 months ago
He’s fun. Currently, he’s trying to get me to play piano for church!! But I’ve got stage fright 😅😨. Maybe I will sometime.
OH, you should!! I play for youth group . . . I was so scared at first, but now it’s just normal. You get used to it!
Ok, we had an arctic front come in, so the wind chill is literally -26 here.…
-
Erica replied to the topic My New WIP Chapter 1!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
Great job! I love your characters!!
Ah, yes, put the whole bottle of hot sauce in.
That reminds me of (sorry, @arien) when my sister put a whole can of chipotle peppers into soup instead of one single pepper . . . I ate it anyway. My dad actually enjoyed it . . . lol
But as to critiques?
I personally feel Asher and Iris a…[Read more]
-
Erica replied to the topic The Keeper of the Lost Cities in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
(Nice to meet you! I’m Erica!)
It’s definitely more in the YA realm of intensity rather than middle grade, though the bright covers can be a bit misleading.
Yes, I would definitely classify KOTLC as YA. I haven’t read many YA books at all, so maybe that’s why I’m more sensitive?
As for the intensity I personally felt t…
-
Erica replied to the topic The Keeper of the Lost Cities in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
@whalekeeper @others
I agree that the ‘breaking the rules’ trope is typical for the magical schools. I think it depends on the context. Honestly, I think it’s perfectly fine to read books with that stuff in it, unless you’re easily influenced by the characters’ actions. I don’t think it’s the best trope ever, and there are definitely better ways t…
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Hello Hello!!!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 9 months ago
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic My New WIP Chapter 1!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
Lol! I wright better tired too, but I write slowly.
-
Light replied to the topic Hello Hello!!!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 9 months ago
Oh, I have heard that one on the radio before!! I didn’t know his name though. Yes, that’s a great song. He’s got a beautiful voice 😍! Thank you for sharing!
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic My New WIP Chapter 1!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, I think I just threw the hot sauce part in there, because they are really afraid of their foster parents, especially Iris, And I don’t think they would actually do it. But I’m struggling with just how violent and abusive the parents are. They’re enough for the siblings to be afraid of them, but I don’t feel very comfort…
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
@lightoverdarkness6 (Helping you mom with Christmas is great! Maybe Matthew and Lyla will just quietly follow the group for awhile Xd)
Lesli and Tauren
Lesli listens carefully to the conversation about magic and dragons.
“Woah!” She looks over at the crystal in Lunas hand. “Does that do something?”
Tauren stands…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Hello Hello!!!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 9 months ago
Ok, you’ve never heard a Tauren Wells song?! 😲
Here’s a great one:
( @orielle21 have you heard hills and valleys?) (And sorry to invade your start here topic, she had to hear one right?) XD
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Title for a type of work in my WIP? in the forum Fantasy 3 years, 9 months ago
Thanks! I’ll keep it in mind! I think I need to develop the history of people who have done this before Layson, and maybe I’ll use one of there names in combination with the stuff here.
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Why did you start writing? Why are you still writing? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years, 9 months ago
Oh! Fun topic, thanks! 😀
I started writing this past July, but had been involved with writing for a bit longer. My sister has been writing for a long time, and I liked to talk stories with her and help her come up with plot ideas. I thought it was super cool, but didn’t have a story of my own. Previous to that, my sister and I would make…[Read more]
-
Light replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
@loopylin @godlyfantasy12 @mineralizedwritings
I’m not gonna be able to RP much for the next few days, (I’m helping my mom get ready for Christmas!!) so, y’all can make Matthew and Lyla just do whatever. I trust y’all. Or you could pretend that they disappeared, or maybe you could have your charries  get separated from Matt and Lyla. Whatever…[Read more]
-
Light replied to the topic Hello Hello!!!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 9 months ago
Hello! Nice to meet you and I appreciate the welcome. You would love my yard…there’s a creek running through it and I have to cross a bridge to get to my garden.😍 Now for the questions
Whoa!! 😍 That sounds Heavenly!
Ooo…favorite song changes a lot for me but right now it is Stand by Newsboys. Besides them, I like listening to For King…
-
Light replied to the topic Character Name Meanings in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
XD
I’m fine, I’m wrapped up in my blanket and sitting by a fire, so now I’m warm! Thanks all the same! *shoves coat under chair to wait until next time shivers strike*
Okay, good!! 🙂 We’ve got a nice toasty fire going too! Me and my brother just went outside, and we have a kiddie pool that was filled with water, and it’s frozen solid…[Read more]
-
Erica replied to the topic The Keeper of the Lost Cities in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
I’m not trying to be rude or anything 🙂
-
Erica replied to the topic The Keeper of the Lost Cities in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
Kids breaking rules is basically standard in all books where kids go to fantasy schools.
I think that’s @arien ‘s point. Just because it’s super common doesn’t make it right.
That just doesn’t seem right to me. The breaking rules and getting away with it was a big problem for my parents, which is why I wasn’t allowed to read Har…
-
Light replied to the topic My New WIP Chapter 1!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
ahh now I can give advice!!!
Yay 😊😂!!
so for the chili/hot sauce scenes and the difference of opinion between ppls, no view is wrong!
This actually is dependent on Light and the tone of her book!
Oh, okay!
So, before you go and change anything Light, you first just need to ask what the tone of your book is.
Is it light, happy, a b…
-
Light replied to the topic My New WIP Chapter 1!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
Congrats on 1000 words! Every bit counts! Right now it’s been taking me about two weeks to write that much… 🙁
Thank you!! Oh, man! Yeah, this is the first I’ve written any other than in the Character Castle, since like April 😬😶. So I guess I have some writing inspiration that’s been bundled up inside me for these last 8 months! I’ve got…[Read more]
-
Light replied to the topic My New WIP Chapter 1!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
oooof…I usually don’t give critiques much just cuz I don’t really care too except for when they ask for like a CERTAIN thing, or if I just see something story wise if that makes sense XD….
I just don’t really like critiquing ppl unless they ask for a certain thing and then Ik what to critique, or if I see a certain story eleme…
- Load More
