-
Kads replied to the topic First Thing You Wrote in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
@gracie-j @joy-caroline Hoo boy, this will be an interesting post. XD The first story I EVER wrote was like 3 sentences long, with a bunch of really random questions afterwards. It was about a tree. I can pretty much quote the whole thing from memory, so here goes (minus all the punctuation and spacing issues four year old me slapped in there)…[Read more]
-
Natalie C. replied to the topic First Thing You Wrote in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
@win-rose
I have acted out so many stories with my cousins and close friends! For some reason, we loved making up stories about Indians. And my friend and I LOVED Davy Crockett, so we would act out him all the time. And am I the only one that will make up a story in my head and add on to it each night?
-
Natalie C. replied to the topic First Thing You Wrote in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Technically, the first thing that I wrote was about 10 pages long with like 15 words on each page. Does that count?
I’d say the first real story that I wrote was called “Robert and Finn,” and (don’t laugh) it was about a boy that rode a giant shark around everywhere. XD I still have it, I think. But I use Word, not Google Docs, s…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic First Thing You Wrote in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
This is an AWESOME IDEA!!!!!! I’m torn, ’cause one part really wants to do this and the other is like noooooo don’t you EVER share those stories with the world, Is. XD
Annnnd my insane side shall win out.
Again.
Yay!!!!!
Ahem. *clears throat* I shall accept this challenge @gracie-j but you have been warned that the following will not be the…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Daily Writing Quote in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
*never remembers to check the kp forum* Anyway, I LOOOOVE THESE QUOTES!!!!!!!!!! They are sooo true and AWESOME.
okay, I know I always say that, but it really is. -
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic What's Been A Foundational Book For You? in the forum Book Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Ooooh, this is a fun question!!!!! Okay, so my answer is probably obvious and all, but it’d be the Bible. Buuut since that’s probably what everyone’s answer is here and like I said, it’s pretty obvious, another one would be Priscilla Shirer’s Armor of God study. It’s really impacted a lot of how I see things regarding the…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Into the Lamp (YA fantasy) Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 5 years, 6 months ago
YESSS YOU CAN!!!!!!! *also jumps up and down* *gasp* REALLY??!!! Aww, girl, that means SO MUCH!!! (Hehehe…but you probably shouldn’t have told me that because there are waaaay too many stories I’d be willing to share if I knew anyone would want to read it. XD) YES, YES, YESSSS!!!!!!! I saw you had already left a few comments and I…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Into the Lamp (YA fantasy) Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 5 years, 6 months ago
(First, I’m sooo sorry for how long it took me to get back. I had a crazy weekend.)
Aww, girl, a HUNDRED MILLION THANK YOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *gasp* THAT IS SOO AWESOME because, it is really hard to get readers to connect with characters in the first few chapters like you said! YESSSS!!!! (lol, yes, he is adorable. XD) THANK…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Merging My Novels? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Aw, you’re right, though, these are incredible stories and shouldn’t really be rushed. Definitely take your time with it and wait on God’s perfect timing. So like @gracie-j said, I kinda liked the idea of the two novels being separate, but the choice is entirely up to you and it’ll be suuuper great no matter which way you choose to…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Ooh, AWESOME!!! Soo, I should admit my writing process is normally 100% different from normal, sane writers processes. I normally write my first drafts how most people write their second ones. But when I start round two, I don’t normally reread my story until later drafts because often it gets very discouraging for me to see all…[Read more]
-
Natalie C. replied to the topic Writing Descriptions in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Wow, thanks everyone! I didn’t think I’d get that much advice!! I think I understand the show don’t tell thing a lot better. And now I really want to go work on my WIP, so, YES! Double win!! Thanks so much!
-
Natalie C. started the topic Writing Descriptions in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Hey guys! I have been reading through my work, and I’ve realized that I struggle a bit with writing captivating descriptions. A lot of y’all’s work that I’ve read on here has been awesome, and I’d love to know how you get your great descriptions? I’ve been reading a lot of writing articles and they all talk about “show, don’t tell,” but I st…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Gothic-ish Short Story Critique in the forum Short Story Critiques 5 years, 6 months ago
OOooh, girl, this is SO exciting!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SOO MUCH for tagging me!!!!! I’ll definitely be reading this, but I probably won’t get to it tomorrow if that’s okay. <33 Can’t WAIT!!!!!!! *does not know what wait is capitalized*
-
Kads replied to the topic Hallo! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 6 months ago
@buildsbygideon Hey! Sorry I’m SUPER late to respond to this, I forgot to check notifs lol, excuse my tardiness..
Yes! The story behind my alias is this: I was drawing something in manga style (Japanese drawing) and I was like, “hey, I need a Japanese name if I’m doing Japanese drawing!” So my Japanese name is Megumi Kadotake. (Cool tidbit:…[Read more]
-
Ribbonash replied to the topic Into the Lamp (YA fantasy) Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 5 years, 6 months ago
REALLY? I can read any of your stories?! 😀 *jumps up and down and runs around the room with excitement* Seriously, I want to read all of the stories you are willing to share!!!!!!!!!! You’re welcome!!!!!!! I’m so glad I made your day. 🙂 That makes me very happy. And, oh, I think I can read your chapters soon because I don’t have…[Read more]
-
ella replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 6 months ago
Here’s a collage for one of my POVs, Trinity:

-
ella replied to the topic YA Fantasy Retelling Alpha Readers Needed in the forum Novel Critique Requests 5 years, 6 months ago
Yay! 🎉
-
ella and
Daisy Torres are now friends 5 years, 6 months ago -
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Into the Lamp (YA fantasy) Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 5 years, 6 months ago
@gracie-j @devastate-lasting @writerlexi1216
WHOA!!!! We ALL have Aria characters??!! That is just the COOLEST!!!!!!!
and will now officially become my favorite name…just saying XD -
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Into the Lamp (YA fantasy) Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 5 years, 6 months ago
Girl, you’re TOO SWEET!!!!! A MILLION THANK YOUS!!!!
- Load More
