-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Read through the Bible??? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 9 months ago
I would love to do this! But sadly, I’m not sure I can, because our church is doing something called a “super bible bowl” where we divide our congregation into teams and read the bible, take notes and memorize verses to get points for our teams. We have the NFC (never failing Christians, led by our senior pastor) and the AFC (the…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 9 months ago
You still haven’t proven that mathematics wasn’t created by God. Ihnk in is wise, we will have to agree to disagree and turn away, unless you want to continue.
Mathematics, logic, emotion would not exist without God, and I believe that God created them. But I can’t really prove that, neither can you disprove it.
I actually never was trying…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ changed their profile picture 2 years, 9 months ago
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I am so sorry! I have been forgetting about this!!! I will write an RP right now!
Livia
“I guess we’re supposed to switch partners?” Liv said uncertainly.
“I guess,” Lukas shrugged.
“Oh!” Liv exclaimed, “There’s Callie and Fynn! Do you want to switch partners with them?”
“Sure,” Lukas said, smiling at her. Liv blushed, but turned…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Oh. Well. This is going to be….interesting.
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Wait, do I have to pick a freevie?
I wasn’t sure if I was reading that right…if I have to, I pick Asher.
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
1. Everton (OBVIOUSLY!!!)
2. Amidala (OBVIOUSLY!!!)
3. Lukas (bc I have to meet the guy who’s dating my charrie, lol)
4. Callie
5. Hallie (because she shares a name with my sister, haha!)
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
OH GIRLLLL!!! I am sooo doing this!!!
(@rae I think we both had the same idea…haha!)
1. Riker
2. Hans
3. Reuben
4. Fin
5. Aadelheide (not sure if I spelled that right…haha!)
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I love this! Abbie Emmons just confuses me the more I watch her to be honest…and the internal conflict stuff just wasn’t working for me and was soooo overwhelming, but you did a really awesome job of developing your characters!!
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Cosmere/Brandon Sanderson in the forum Book Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I think Sanderson said you would have to “hack” the magic system to get AonDor to work off world.
In other words, RAFO😂
Sanderson is well known for his magic systems, but I feel like AonDor and all of the other magic systems that are only hinted at are all fairly boring. AonDor is quite generic for a magic system. It can do basically any…
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 9 months ago
Okay, my hands are starting to sweat, which happens when I get excited.
😁
In context, your verse actually means that Paul can bear, can do anything God wants him to do if God wills it and strengthens him.
Yeah, makes sense to me!
The Doctrine of Hermeneutics. The latter part of that verse (John 1:3) says simply that what this passage means by…
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 9 months ago
Alright. Well, I think I just did that with the verses I showed, unless there’s still a fallacy somewhere.
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 9 months ago
While I’m laying my beliefs on the table, I’m also a Creationist, I believe strongly in the doctrine of hermeneutics, I believe in context, and I often take a literal viewpoint of the Bible’s text unless it is clearly poetic.
I just realized I missed this. I’m not familiar of the doctrine of hermeneutics, do you just mean Sola Sciptura? When…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 9 months ago
I didn’t think you were. I’m used to that, my grandfather and my…technically step-grandmother are not Calvinists either. In fact, Grandpa openly opposes Calvinism to the point of saying that John Calvin was a heretic. It has caused some…divisions to say the least.
I’m sorry to hear that:( Differences in those sorts of things will create…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Cosmere/Brandon Sanderson in the forum Book Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, I enjoyed it, but I see what you mean. There’s so much about the Elantrians I want to know about though, like if there is a locational influence on how much power an Elantrian has, then when did they figure out how to explore the whole Cosmere, still bearing their powers?
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 9 months ago
Mars hill was the place of philosephers.
Ok, cool!
Though, if there was nothing to teach us about one and two, then we wouldn’t know about it. Also, math would not exist if God didn’t. Someone has to create it right? math is not outside of God, He could break math when He wanted to, but He is so orderly, and never changes that I don’t think…
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 9 months ago
Put that way…XD Anselm would probably never win a debate on Mars hill!
Lol, yeah, I don’t know much about Mars hill, but yes, his rhetoric seems to ultimately fall flat.
I’ve heard variations of this idea. Essentially the idea that mathematics is essentially assumed to be not self sufficient, because mathematics is something that only s…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 9 months ago
Great point. That’s one argument many have made to Aquinas’ cosmological arguments, saying it’s too disconnected from the God of Abraham. In this case though, I would go further. One of Anselm’s students found this argument to be completely invalid. He said to imagine the most perfect island. This island is so great to live on that nothing…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 9 months ago
Fair enough. Do you see anything wrong with the argument, or do you think it may actually show undeniably that God must exist?
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 9 months ago
For trope preferences, I think I’m pretty basic 😂. I like enemies to lovers the most, grumpy x sunshine is my favorite. I’m actually not a huge fan of love triangles, but I have nothing against them. Not sure if this is basic or not, but I enjoy the occasional age gap (as long as it’s nothing too crazy lol)
Fair enough, lol! Yeah,…[Read more]
- Load More
