Writers' Corner #18

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #18

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 943 total)
  • Author
    Rochellaine
    @rochellaine
      • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice Okay, I’m reading it in between writing that short piece I’d thought of.  Speaking of which, what was the money called in your book?  I kind of need to know for this part. 😉

Since my WIP seems to be getting nowhere fast, maybe it’s good for me to take a short break and I might be able to go back to it refreshed after writing these fluffy fanfiction pieces and crazy short stories. 😛  However, you’ll be happy to know that Uncle Bill is about to come home. 😉

What’s funny is that I NEVER use emojis in anything else!  My siblings consider it an event when I happen to text one accidentally or as a joke. 😛  The only reason I use them here is because the forum automatically changes emoticons to emojis. 😉

Okay, see you around. *waves* Goodbye!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Jenna Terese
      @jenwriter17
        • Total Posts: 2522

@rochellaine just have a little time to let you know; I’m so sorry that I didn’t get to reading your fan fic today! Our power went out and there’s trouble with the internet. I’ll try to get to it tomorrow though

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
        www.jennaterese.com

Rochellaine
        @rochellaine

@jenwriter17 Oh, I’m so sorry!  Thanks for letting me know, though, ’cause I was getting a little bit worried about you. 😉

See you soon!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Leumeister
          @leumeister
            • Total Posts: 244

Oh, we’ve got a new one now! XD Man, it grows so fast. 😛

Jenna Terese
            @jenwriter17
              • Total Posts: 2522

(I’m not writing right now)

@seekjustice
              Ooh yes I would LOVE to read that!!! 😀

@rochellaine
              I will try to get to reading your fan fic today! So sorry I didn’t yesterday, but I explained all that 😉 it was kinda crazy yesterday… I’ll let you know when I’m reading it 🙂 (it will most likely be later tonight)

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
              www.jennaterese.com

Rochellaine
              @rochellaine

@seekjustice I was just on YouTube and in the “suggested” section came up a video titled “10+ Convincing Reasons to Love Australia From Afar.” I have not been researching Australia lately.

…is the internet trying to discourage me from visiting you?? 😮

😛 😛 😛

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                @seekjustice
                  • Total Posts: 3365

@rochellaine

*pulls beanie down over frostbitten ears*

Well, it shouldn’t be! There’s so much to love about Australia. Such as the weather. Which is always warm and sunny. And the wildlife which is always friendly and the boys which are apparently always goodlooking?? (I honestly have no idea where that stereotype came from. Its the weirdest Aussie cliche I’ve ever found). And don’t forget our wonderful history and spotless past.

*nods*

So much to love about Aus. Never mind the snakes and spiders and crocodiles and deserts. And the evil drop bears.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
                  @rochellaine

@seekjustice So, I watched it for fun, just to see what it would say, though I already had a pretty good idea.  Don’t worry, it didn’t scare me, though. 😛  I’m a country girl, and have had copperhead snakes fall from the ceiling and found in the dryer amongst the clean clothes, so the pictures of the snakes didn’t seem abnormally dangerous.  But the funniest thing about the video was when they showed a slide labeled, “Giant sting rays wash up on the beaches” and the picture was clearly horseshoe crabs!  That was hilarious. 😛

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
                    @rochellaine

@seekjustice Ohh, I never heard that?  Are the boys always good looking?  Maybe I will come to visit you… 😛

Well, seriously, I would assume the stereotype comes from the same place that makes our cowboys romantically appealing.  Strong, fearless men who live in the wild outdoors are supposed to be attractive.  What do you think?  (Not about the attractiveness, but about the origin of the stereotype, of course! 😉 )

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                      @seekjustice

@Rochellaine

The most Australian Christmas I ever experience was when we came home at New Years Eve and found a tiger snake curled up under the Christmas Tree…

I guess the only difference between our snakes is that ours are definitely much more poisonous.

It doesn’t surprise me that Australians don’t know the difference between horseshoe crabs and stingrays. I actually saw a picture of horseshoe crabs the other day, but I can’t remember why now.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

SeekJustice
                        @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Well its a trope that’s quite rife on the internet. A lot of Hollywood actors are also Australian so I think it might come from that. Have you heard of the Hemsworth brothers for example?

But yeah, you’re probably right. American girls like the British men for their cultured and sophisticatedness and Australian for their rugged rebelliousness.

SeekJustice
                          @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Nothing like a convict’s descendant to make the ultimate bad boy 😛

Rochellaine
                            @rochellaine

Great.  My post disappeared.  Let me try again. 🙂

@seekjustice
                              Yes, your creatures are definitely more poisonous.  And I haven’t lived in the country for several years, and am now the typical “girl” when it comes to seeing creepy crawlies.  I always ask my brothers to kill them for me.  So I’m sure the huge insects you have in Australia would totally freak me out.  But that wouldn’t stop me from going to visit.  …I think it might stop my brother, though.  He told me he’d prefer to go to New Zealand… *waits for reaction* 😛

Hm, I wonder if that’s another stereotype?  I’ve always been told that New Zealanders and Aussies are like the Army and the Navy.  Don’t ever compare, just be nice to both.  And don’t mention one in the presence of the other.  So, is that true?

I know the names of about .01 percent of the actors in Hollywood these days. 😀 I’ve never heard of them.  The only Australian actor I can recall right now is Hugh Jackman. 😉

…no.  We like them because of their accents.  Both of them.  All of them.  If you have an accent, you are attractive.  End of discussion. 😛  Okay, yeah, your descriptions were actually probably correct, but seriously, that’s about twenty percent of the question and the accent is the other eighty percent.  I am not joking.

And,

Nothing like a convict’s descendant to make the ultimate bad boy
                              Hahaha!!  Very true.  Though hopefully the Christian girls aren’t the ones attracted to the bad boys! 🙂

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                              @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Ah 😀 I’ve never been like that, though I do have a healthy fear of the more dangerous spiders 🙂 Some of them are quite nasty, but as long as you leave them alone you’ll be right.

Well, NZ has no snakes. So that’s a bonus. NZ and Aus have the typical “Sibling rivalry”. We squabble and pretend to hate each other, but we’re really very close (both literally and figuratively). And there’s a lot of New Zealanders in Australia and vice versa (they do have a funny accent though 🙂 )

I’ll just pretend that the American fixation on accents makes sense to me 😛 (though British people do have very cultured accents and we have…rugged accents. And we’re very rebellious against the English language.

😛

Rochellaine
                                @rochellaine

@seekjustice I’ve been commenting on the new version of Stars. 🙂  I’m almost done with part one. 😀

New Zealanders have a funny accent?  What kind of an accent do you think you have?? 😛

I love the song from My Fair Lady, “Why Can’t the English” about how nobody speaks “proper” English.  The best line is where he says “In America, they haven’t spoken it for years!” 😀 😀 😛  (Have you heard that song?  The musical isn’t your style, and I actually despise the plot, but I like the songs.)

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 943 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >