Writers' Corner #18

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #18

Viewing 13 posts - 931 through 943 (of 943 total)
  • Author
    SeekJustice
    @seekjustice
      • Total Posts: 3365

@rochellaine

I am indeed 🙂

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
      @rochellaine
        • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice Halloo!  What are you working on?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

valtmy
        @valtmy
          • Total Posts: 732

@seekjustice @rochellaine

Hey guys. There’s nothing much happening yet so I’ll be here a while too.

SeekJustice
          @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Would you believe it? I’m not working on anything! I finished the second draft of Stars yesterday!

@valtmy

Actually, I have to go now, because of a schedule change, but I will be at the library soonish and I’ll be back then 😀

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
            @rochellaine

@seekjustice Oh, oh!  I’ll read the rest of part 3 right now, and then I can finish it!  Except, I was working on a short story…

…oh well, I can’t believe I haven’t finished yours yet, so I’ll do that now. 🙂

Maybe I’ll be finished by the time you get to the library.  See you later!

@valtmy
              Hey!  Let me know when you get on.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

valtmy
              @valtmy

@seekjustice

All right. 🙂

@rochellaine

I am on now. Thing is they haven’t prepared my workstation yet. I don’t have any assignments so here I am. 😛

Rochellaine
                @rochellaine

@valtmy Okay, I’ll be on for a bit.  I think.  I’m actually really sleepy right now, (shocker, 😛 ) because I got up early this morning.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

valtmy
                  @valtmy

@rochellaine

Ooh are you going to become an early riser?

What time do you usually wake? Now because of work I’m waking up around the same time @seekjustice does 😛

Rochellaine
                    @rochellaine

@valtmy I hope not! 😛  It was because we wanted to play soccer for twenty minutes or so before my dad had to leave for work.  It’s easier to be sure everyone will be home early in the morning, so we played at around 7:20 a.m., which meant I had to wake up at about 7:00.  Not really early, I know… 😛

I usually wake up around 9:00.  At least, that’s the simple answer. 😉

Do you usually prefer to wake up early or stay up late and sleep in?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

valtmy
                      @valtmy

@rochellaine

I like waking early. Makes me feel like I have more time and a longer day. Problem is I tend to sleep late if I don’t watch myself. It’s especially bad if a good writing session is happening in the middle of the night.

I really, really enjoy my sleep though. So a more difficult question would be: Would you rather sleep in or take a nap? 😛

My answer: Sleeping in so at least I won’t want to nap in the afternoon.

What’s yours? 😛

Rochellaine
                        @rochellaine

@valtmy I do like it when I’m on vacation and I get up early.  (weird.  People usually go on vacation to sleep in late.)  I do feel like I get more done in the day, and I feel healthier.  However, that might just be “I’m out of the house” excitement, because when I’m at home, if I get up early I feel extremely tired all afternoon, even if I take a nap, and I have to go to sleep early at night.  So I don’t know.  If I got used to going to sleep early, I’d probably get up early, or vice versa, but since as a family we usually stay up late, going to bed early isn’t really an option.  A lot of the activities we do together are in the evening time, like classical music concerts or baseball games. (baseball game tonight)

I’m going to depart for a while.  I want to get a snack, and I might take a “nap” for an hour or so in order that I can talk to @seekjustice about Stars when she gets to the library, since I have a lot of comments on her second draft.  So see you later, hopefully!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
                          @rochellaine

@seekjustice Basically the biggest problem I have with this new version of Stars is Justice’s character.  He’s completely different.  He’s no longer stiff, he now notices Chessy, which was a huge thing in the first draft.  He now opens up to her all of a sudden and tells her his entire history and dreams just because Sapphire said he should be nice to her, even though previously his only, only confidante was Jonas.  It’s just strange.  And the contrast in Empty won’t be as noticeable, which I felt was extremely important.

Huh, I never realized how much I loved the awfulness of Justice’s character in Stars. 😛

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                            @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Drat it. I’m trying to balance Justice’s horribleness with his humanity :/ And I felt I was making him too…not Justice.

However, the scene where he tells her his story is from the first draft and I hardly changed it.

I’m here now, by the way!

Viewing 13 posts - 931 through 943 (of 943 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            >