Writers' Corner #18

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #18

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 943 total)
  • Author
    Joy
    @dekreel
      • Total Posts: 2304

@rochellaine  Oh, that’s cool!! It must be a good book then.

*raises eyebrow* Oh?? Well, what of Doctor Who, may I ask, did you talk about?

@seekjustice
        You must feel honored. 😉 Well, I finished reading Les Miserables, so now I HAVE to read your story. 😉

I’m doing okay. Today was incredibly unproductive, but I did get to go to a party. So that was cool… *sighs awkwardly*

@valtmy
        @sarah-anson  Hullo! Glad you could join us!

Wow. It just got crowded all of a sudden…

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by Joy.

You can pronounce it however you want.

Rochellaine
      @rochellaine
        • Total Posts: 3322

@valtmy Well…I think you could understand it if you hadn’t read Stars, but it contains MAJOR spoilers, so I wouldn’t recommend reading it unless you had at least gotten to the parts the fanfic is about.  How far through Stars are you?

@seekjustice
        It’s the exact same game. 😛  In America the person in the middle is the monkey, not the piggy.  Isn’t that nice? 😀 😛  So, now I’ll know what piggy-in-the-middle is, and you’ll know what monkey-in-the-middle is, huh?  Culturisms!! (I just totally made that word up.)

@dekreel
        Like SeekJustice said, we decided that the Eleventh Doctor is kind of cute, and kind of weird.  And absolutely amazing.  You don’t watch the eleventh, though, do you? 🙁

@sarah-anson
        Hello!!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Joy
        @dekreel

@seekjustice  Wait… You’ve watched Doctor Who?! Tell me more!!

@rochellaine
            Yeah, I don’t watch the newer ones as often as the older ones. Although, frankly, I haven’t watched Doctor Who in general for at least six months now… I’ve drifted away from it. However, that doesn’t mean I don’t like it anymore. But some the older ones were kind of badly written… Especially in the eighties.

SeekJustice
          @seekjustice
            • Total Posts: 3365

@Rochellaine

Its weird that two different countries have the same game with a different name (and that is a strangely satisfying sentence to say)

@dekreel

Ooh, did you like it??? I do feel very honoured. Like a queen, in fact.

And yes, the Eleventh Doctor makes me want to watch Dr Who, even though nothing else about it appeals to me. 😛

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

SeekJustice
            @seekjustice

@dekreel

Nope, I’v only seen a few clips with 11, why is a bit of a long story, but basically it was character building for my editing.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Joy
              @dekreel

@seekjustice  Les Mis, you mean? Yes, it was AWESOME. I also read Tale of Two Cities, so I think I’m set for your first two books! BTW I just read through some of your premises on your blog, and they sound amazing. I really want to read your books now. XD

Oh, okay, so you haven’t SEEN Dr Who… Haha, yeah the Eleventh is kind of cool. But he’s also really… um… I don’t know how to explain him… Well his behavior is just a little… weird. Then again, I live off of the older ones, who are a little more modest. XD Yeah, let’s put it that way: He’s not as modest as the older Doctors. XD

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by Joy.

SeekJustice
                @seekjustice

@dekreel

Awesome! They’re two of my absolute favourite books. 🙂 Well, if you like I can leave you a link to the super messy first drafts (I’m currently editing the first one though, if you wanted to wait a bit, you could read a better version).

He reminds me of BBC’s Sherlock from the three minute compilation thing on Youtube I saw. 😀

Joy
                  @dekreel

@seekjustice  I think I’ll wait so I can be part of the team of… what… beta-readers? Gamma-readers? Unless you’re not doing that. 🙂

I know nothing whatsoever about Sherlock, but all right. XD

@rochellaine
                      @valtmy  @sarah-anson

I’m looking for some advice. Eventually, when I do get around to starting a blog, or maybe even publish a book someday, do you guys think I should use my current pen name: S.F. Dekreel, or should I use a name that actually sounds human? Because “Dekreel” is random… And I don’t want to use my REAL name for cyber-security reasons. 😉

Rochellaine
                    @rochellaine

@seekjustice It’s sort of done. 🙂  I’m planning to write more scenes based on the same idea, but you can read what I’ve written so far if you like.  I’m going to send the link to you and Jen personally because I don’t really want to place it on the forum.  And if anyone else asks to read it I’ll add them as well.

@dekreel
                      Jen started a topic about that a bit ago.  Here’s the link to it, and you might find a few answers there. 😉

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                      @seekjustice

@dekreel

I’ve finished rewriting the first part (its in four parts) and I’ve been wondering if I should send it out soonish so that certain people will stop asking after it *cough*. 😛

Well, I think S.F.Dekreel is a fine blogging name, but I would, personally, change it to something “more human” if you were getting a book published, but you could just come up with another pen name, if you didn’t want to use your real name. You could start blogging under Dekreel and then reveal another “author” name and swap all your social media over to that, like the way Dragon Snapper did.

SeekJustice
                        @seekjustice

@rochellaine

*stares at inbox waiting for notification to appear*

Rochellaine
                          @rochellaine

@dekreel Oh, haha.  You’ve seen that topic of course, since you replied to Jen on it! 😛  Sorryy. 😉

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Joy
                            @dekreel

@seekjustice  Yeah, I think I’m going to keep the name S.F. Dekreel unless/until I end up officially publishing a book. Then I’ll choose a different name. Thanks for the input!

Wait… you’re queen?! Of the Kingdom of Pen?! I just now saw your tag… is that what it means??

Joy
                              @dekreel

@rochellaine  Thanks anyway! I hadn’t read all of it, so it gave me some insight. 😉

SeekJustice
                                @seekjustice

@dekreel

😛 I was democratically voted queen of Kingdom Pen. Because I’m Australian and have an accent (still don’t quite understand the logic behind that, but oh well).

No worries!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 943 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >