Writers' Corner #18

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #18

Viewing 15 posts - 916 through 930 (of 943 total)
  • Author
    Alia
    @alia
      • Total Posts: 1253

@seekjustice, my plan is that it will be done by mid August. Right now I’m posting a chapter every week(ish) because if I am supposed to be posting it actually gets me writing.

@rochellaine

well, I have to get ready for work. Talk to y’all later

WIP - Decisions
      Kapeefer til we're old and grey

Rochellaine
      @rochellaine
        • Total Posts: 3322

@alia Yes, that’s what I meant.  Though I guess it could also stand for Rodgers and Hart, who wrote some very good musicals together too, so sorry for not clarifying. 😛  My favorite musical composer is actually Jerome Kern, but I thought you’d probably recognize Rodgers and Hammerstein better.  Did you like Cinderella?  Have you heard the Julie Andrews original version?

@seekjustice
        Ah, too bad.

I tried listening to a bit of Les Mis yesterday, and I liked Anne Hathaway’s song pretty well, but I didn’t like Hugh Jackman’s, even though I usually like his voice way better than Anne Hathaway’s.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
        @seekjustice
          • Total Posts: 3365

@alia Well, I’m happy to read it once you’ve completed then, that’d work well with my schedule 🙂 Bye!

@rochellaine

Despite my love of the Les Mis movie, that’s not the best version (especially, if you’re just starting out in my opinion), I think the best one is the 10th Anniversary Dream Cast, that one has a really good Valjean.

Just shoving my Les Mis snob opinions on you. 😛

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
          @rochellaine

@seekjustice Ok, yeah, I could tell that I might like the song if Hugh Jackman hadn’t sung it that way.  Let me give it a listen…

How’s your editing going?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
            @seekjustice

@rochellaine

If you’re listening to Valjean’s Solioquy/What Have I Done? Definitely give another actor a chance, because I personally think Hugh Jackman did a terrible job at that one 😀 He’s okay in the other songs, but just can’t do that one.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
              @rochellaine

@seekjustice It was actually “Bring Him Home,” and I liked the Dream Cast version of it a bit better, but still not a lot.  I have a hard time enjoying anything where the singer uses wide vibrato.  For some reason that sound really annoys me.  The Dream Cast version was definitely much better, though it still had the awful wide vibrato in parts of it.  I haven’t listened to the Soliloquy.

My favorite Soliloquy is the one from Carousel, and the version by Gordon MacRae is simply amazing.  That reminds me, did you and your sister decide which movie musical to watch next?  You said you were discussing it.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Ah yes… I don’t particularly like that song much either.

We ended up watching The King and I, we haven’t watched anything else yet, but we have a whole collection of Rodgers and Hammerstein so we’ll probably watch one of them next. Maybe Carousel.

SeekJustice
                  @seekjustice

@Rochellaine

Oh and I need to go now and I won’t be back for the rest of the day 😉 farewell!

Catwing
                    @catwing
                      • Total Posts: 2557

@seekjustice Yes what you said made sense. 🙂

@rochellaine
                      are you going to the South East Homeschool Expo next weekend? Just wondering because I’m going and then I may see you in real life again. ;P

Unfortunately I am not writing right now as I have to go somewhere.

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Rochellaine
                      @rochellaine

@seekjustice Oh, I’ve never seen The King and I, but I didn’t really like the synopsis.  I like a few of the songs okay, but not a lot.  I hope you do get a chance to watch Carousel, though!

Okay, see you tomorrow, I hope!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
                        @rochellaine

@catwing No, I’m not. 🙁  I don’t think we’re going to any more homeschool conferences this year.  Hopefully next year, though!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
                          @rochellaine

@seekjustice I’m listening to Les Miserables and actually liking it! 😀  It really reminds me of Sight&Sound.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                            @seekjustice

@rochellaine

YEEEESSSS!!!!

valtmy
                              @valtmy
                                • Total Posts: 732

@seekjustice

Hey. I’m on the way to work now. Might pop by today if I have time.

Rochellaine
                                @rochellaine

@seekjustice I’m home now.  You around?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Viewing 15 posts - 916 through 930 (of 943 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >