Writers' Corner #18

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #18

Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 943 total)
  • Author
    SeekJustice
    @seekjustice
      • Total Posts: 3365

@catwing

Oh yes! me too! I just want to get to book three…I’ve already book two, but its still pretty rough.

Yep, you’ve told me about that one. it’s the one which had a lot of povs and you had to get rid of some and its the one with Alex in it, am I right?

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

valtmy
      @valtmy
        • Total Posts: 732

@seekjustice @catwing

Hey I’ll be here for a bit before I go off for bible study.

SeekJustice you have a blog? Can I read it? 😀

Catwing
        @catwing
          • Total Posts: 2557

@seekjustice Yes, I’ve chopped the POVs in half, so ONLY three now. 😀
          It IS the first one with Alex. The same Alex as the short story you helped me edit… but earlier, before all that burning everything which is book two. :3

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Catwing
          @catwing

@valtmy Welcome!

SeekJustice
            @seekjustice

@valtmy

I do indeed have a blog. anordinarypen.wordpress.com/  

@catwing
              Three isn’t bad, I’ve read books with more. I don’t think I could do more than three, 😛 I’d confuse myself, let alone my reader! Ah, okay, before she goes pyromaniac.

I have a question though. Is Alex bad? or misunderstood? or what?

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Catwing
              @catwing

@seekjustice I had six. *nods* I was told I confused the readers so… And I had planned more for the second book, so I’m going to have to figure that out. It’s fun. ;P

aaahhhh… I shall say she is a teenager who feels betrayed, confused, and really really mad. The group she meets doesn’t help at all either. But I don’t want to say too much that may spoil my book for you. :3 *nods*

SeekJustice
                @seekjustice

@catwing

You could always swap some of the povs for book two, couldn’t you? in my novel, I have two first-person points, and while my main, main character remains constant, the other pov changes between books. You could try something like that if you wanted.

Poor Alex *hugs her*

valtmy
                  @valtmy

@seekjustice @catwing

Sorry. Am getting distracted checking out the blog 😛

I have no discipline when it comes to POVs. I just finished a chapter with a scene from the POV of a minor character who I doubt will ever show up on page again. I am amazed how you managed to consistently stick with a few POVs each book, SeekJustice.

Catwing
                    @catwing

@seekjustice Well, I have a timeline… and at least one more sad character to add…
                      Do you mean changing between first and third person?

I know, poor Alex. 🙁

@valtmy
                      *laughs* nice blog, huh?
                      I do have one book that will have only one POV, in first person… But she is my favorite character. XD

SeekJustice
                      @seekjustice

@valtmy

😀 I guess I just got used to writing from only two point of views, but I really like first person so I just deal with it.

@catwing

I don’t know. Is your book in first person or third? I was just suggesting you could try telling it from a different point of view for the second book, whether that was in first or third. Does that make sense?

Rochellaine
                        @rochellaine
                          • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice I’m here now!  How’s it going?  I think I’m finally going to read the rest of the third part of the second draft of your first book…I love the way that sounds…before I get back to my own book. 😀

@catwing
                          Your WIP sounds interesting, but I’ve been waiting for three years for you to write Firebird… 😛

Just kidding, though.  I have a few projects people keep asking me to finish but that I’m not very interested in at the moment, so I completely understand that you took a break on that one.

However, I would really like to see it completed some day! 😉

@valtmy
                          Hey-lo.  What goes on?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                          @seekjustice

@rochellaine

It does sound very dramatic, doesn’t it? Cool, I can’t wait to see what you think of the rest 😀

Catwing
                            @catwing

@seekjustice I have been doing third person. Yes, I think I understand now.

@rochellaine
                              Thank you. But I’m closer to finishing this one so I’m working on doing that first… 😛

Yeah, that’s me too. I didn’t want to do Firebird currently, it was being annoying. I wasn’t making much progress (except my book trying to start a romance subplot. Really book? REALLY?) and I want to start on the sequel to this book (Starting Fires XP). ;3

SeekJustice
                              @seekjustice

@catwing

Ah, romance subplots are so pesky! They turn up when you least expect them and suddenly, whoa, that guy’s a love interest.

Starting Fires? Oh, I wonder why it’s called that 😛

valtmy
                                @valtmy

@rochellaine

Hey. Just getting lost reading SeekJustice’s blog and reviewing what I wrote last night… Do you think it is weird if every other character is described as handsome, beautiful, attractive etc.? I mean, my story is supposed to have a sugary romance novel surface (underneath the surface is something else entirely) after all.

@seekjustice

For some reason I could never really get into writing first person. I can read it just fine but writing ‘I’ all the time when it is not really ‘I’ just feels weird.

@catwing

Yep it’s so much easier to write in the POV of a character you like. Once I was stuck for a while because I had to change the POV to one of the villains… And it was not even one of the fun villains.

Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 943 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >