hi (again)

Home Page ā€ŗ Forums ā€ŗ General Site Info ā€ŗ Start HERE ā€ŗ hi (again)

Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 8156

@scripter-of-kingdoms

*GIVES YOUNGHO A MASSIVE HUG* I LOVE YOUUUUUUUU!! šŸ„°šŸ„°šŸ„°šŸ˜­

Ā 

I MOST CERTAINLY WILLLLLLLLLLLL

TheArcaneAxiom
      @thearcaneaxiom
        • Total Posts: 1250

@scripter-of-kingdoms

(Rewriting this for the third time now, because it keeps getting deleted lol!)

ahh, set theory was actually pretty decent, i can vibe with you on that one for sure. itā€™s one of the easier topics out there lol

Yeah! Set Theory is intuitive and logical, and feels fundamental, so itā€™s fun to ponder over. Unfortunately, Russelā€™s Paradox calls that last checkmark into question, either way though, it successfully has influenced the majority of mathematical fields. Have you studied the ideas of countable and uncountable infinities much?

wow! your writing seems very intentional and full of meaning, just by the name alone there

Thanks! Weā€™ve bickered over the title for a while, always liking the name Septrum, but for different things. We finally agreed to Septrum as the universes name maybe a few months back or so.

iā€™d agree with that, info dumping is abominable and i try to avoid it at all costs šŸ˜‚ there are definitely better and more efficient ways to worldbuild without being annoying and shoving it in a readerā€™s face

Yeah, if your infodumping, your just telling the reader about how cool this idea you made up is, when they donā€™t want to know about you (usually), they want to know about the characters. I make the exceptions of rants though, because we all sometimes need a chance to indulge ourselves in explaining our thoughts, as long as they arenā€™t in a book. (I say this also to simply avoid fingers pointing out my own hypocrisyšŸ˜‚šŸ˜…)

(ooh which videogames do you like?) yes i really liked the way they executed the narrative. it was my first (and so far only) exposure to a science fantasy, and it worked really well. sephiroth scared the crap out of nine year old me šŸ˜‚ but yes the way they added the scientific elements into the story was well executed, a huge corporation is trying to harness the energy of the planet for commercial use basically, and then one of their soldiers (whoā€™s been subject to some uh sciencey stuffĀ  šŸ™ƒ) goes insane and destroys the company and tries to use that energy for himself. so. itā€™s well done but if youā€™re planning on playing it just fair warning itā€™s pretty dark at some partsā€¦ kinda wish i hadnā€™t played it bc of that but the premise/components of the plot/execution of the plot itself is good

Cool! So it plays with interplanetary resource gathering, and a intriguing story tied with that. Sounds fun! Does it have a turn-based RPG battle format? Because I think thatā€™s why I never got into the one I started playing, I wasnā€™t able to walk 2 feet without getting sucked into another mini-battle constantly, so games with that format always annoyed me. Games that I like, hmmm, Iā€™m pretty non-discriminant between old or new games, I like Mario, Zelda, Minecraft, R-Type, Battlefront, amongst others.

ooh brandon sanderson! iā€™ve read his skyward trilogy, heā€™s an excellent writer! and that is an extremely fascinating concept, i think thatā€™s very uniquely utilized in a story. reminds me of superfluids a little bit.

Yeah! Sanderson is one of my favorite authors, if not most favorite. Itā€™s exciting because heā€™s actually almost done with the forth and final edition to the Skyward series, and then heā€™ll finally move on to the Rithmatist sequel. I highly recommend all his other books, youā€™d love the Cosmere. Skyward is really the gateway to getting into his grander and deeper novels.

ah! then that would probably be my characters. theyā€™re my favourite thing about my stories. i think theyā€™re unique, and they are very special to me ā˜ŗļø specifically my character Youngho, heā€™s incredibly close to my heart.

Thatā€™s awesome! I love all of my characters as well, although Iā€™m way to prone to brutally torturing them, then smiling about itšŸ˜… (exhibit A bellow)

that is a very compelling character and premise! from what youā€™ve told me and the eloquence of your speech even in your post i have no doubt youā€™ve executed it flawlessly! i would genuinely be more than interested to read that if youā€™re ever searching for readers! (also, love the name Liren) what makes him your favourite? and how long have you been writing about him for? whatā€™s his book about?

Thanks! Heā€™s probably my favorite because I just find the idea of being immersed into the experience of another to be intriguing, thatā€™s what we do when we read after all. But this idea is compounded with a layer of guilt and pain, where itā€™s not something he wants, but itā€™s a forced state of extreme empathy. It also feels so natural, like the pieces of a puzzle that I simply found worked really well together. Thereā€™s so many themes and ideas I could explore with him. Suffering, guilt, agency, death, freedom, then what if he becomes free of Kirrtes? Where could his life go? I would say that he canā€™t go back to any form of normalcy, heā€™s forced into a three way fork between a life of internal torment, a life dedicated to doing good, or suicide, to finally experience the death heā€™s been denied for so long. I havenā€™t really written too much about him yet, nor Kirrtes. The thing is that this is something I wouldnā€™t wish on anyone, so might Liren have once been a jerk, or a saint? Either way, what his life was is nothing in contrast to what is currently is in terms of moral and emotional impact, so thatā€™s something Iā€™m still debating, and having a little writerā€™s block over, so I donā€™t have too much writing yet. The story Iā€™m thinking of though, will probably be formatted where each chapter would start with the internal experience of some individual currently being stabbed. We would turn back into the prospective of Liren, once they die. What I would do however is that each inner monologue would some information, information that Kirrtes is after specifically, though Liren knows nothing about Kirrtes having any real motive. It would form into a type of mystery of trying to figure out what Kirrtes is after, why, as well as who Liren once was, how he ended up with Kirrtes, and will he ever become free, and if he does find freedom, what will he do with it. Thatā€™s at least the basic idea, I only have a little written so far, and I may change my mind on the format.

hm well thereā€™s one called a ā€œkorĆ»ā€ which is similar, appearance-wise, to a kitsune from Japanese mythos. however if you look it in the eye it holds the ability to psychologically manipulate you. (although, iā€™m rewriting the book from scratchā€¦ i might scrap it, iā€™m not sure) aside from that and from the faeries, thereā€™s not much else šŸ˜… boring, i know

Not boring at all! How do they manipulate people? Is it more akin to mind control, or subtle persuasion and rationalization? If the latter, thatā€™s always a fun theme to explore. Definitely not boring, but I guess you could call it simple, however I think it could be built on with different ideas that fit with it, creating a unique mechanic.

nope unfortunately, itā€™s very character-driven so itā€™s mainly just focused on the charactersā€™ spiritual journey lol. therefore i didnā€™t really find a place in the plot to put any allusions to nephilim or dragons. however, in the book there are paper cranes folded by God that turn into real cranes that are divine messengers! theyā€™re sort of representative of what we would commonly think of angels to be!

Fair enough! Paper cranes as messengers/angels is a fun idea. Experiential writing is something Iā€™m quite fond of as well, although I usually want to introduce some fantastical element, but only to ask further questions about said experience.

eh, just a historical fiction lol nothing too fun šŸ˜‚ the locations and the ancestors of the characters are real, as well as the customs of the time and whatnot, but the characters are fictional and the events of the plot are also fictional.

Cool! So were you inspired to write that because you have studied early Welsh culture, or have you been studying Welsh culture from that period because you wanted to write such a story?

ā€¦ā€¦.wow. *is now glad sheā€™s studying physics*

i donā€™t even know what to say to that, thatā€™s such a breathtaking, artistic, beautiful conceptā€¦. youā€™ve rendered me speechless. thatā€™s incredible. i genuinely cannot come up with a good response to that šŸ˜‚ justā€¦.. wow. i love that a lot. ideas relating to dimensions always intrigue me!! how does time work in the septres? are they dimensions unto themselves, or comprised of dimensions?

Wowā€¦ ThanksšŸ˜…šŸ˜…šŸ˜… Yeah, extra dimensionality is central to the Septrum. Iā€™m sort of the only one that really gets it though, my sister just kind of nods and goes along with itšŸ˜‚ If you like extra dimensional concepts though, youā€™ll love the current story Iā€™m writing, Lucid Wraith, from the first era of my Septre. The world itself is far more earthlike at the time, although a bit dystopian. I have the first 3 chapters posted on KP, so I can tag you if your interested.

As for the question of time, Iā€™ve mostly left it as an independent dimension that I havenā€™t fully touched yet, because then I would have to decide whether or not the Septrum is deterministic or free will based, which me and my sister have debated. The septres themselves act as good clocks though, passing through the 3d cross-section at a constant rate, so in that sense, the future of the world is pretty deterministic, because it has a physical shape further down the 4d structure, however that is different from the choices that could be made by characters, influencing things on a micro scale. One of my sisters planned stories actually gets into this, and is what lead to our debate, because of a choice of a character in her world that lead to a major change to the world physically, therefore either the choice was already predetermined by the shape of the septre, or the septre is made of separate pieces that could move independently. Weā€™re both pretty set on free will though, so itā€™s likely the latter, but that still doesnā€™t answer the ultimate structure of time dimension-wise, so thatā€™s still something weā€™re discussing. The septres are simply structures passing through 4 dimensional Euclidean, so they arenā€™t dimensions themselves, though I have been thinking about what worlds there could be if they passed through Spherical and Hyperbolic 3d surfaces, though I donā€™t know how to explain that in writing.

ouais ! ca va bien pour toi ? šŸ˜Š oooh thai and vietnamese are on my to-study list! and oh my goodness, someone else whoā€™s actually heard of toki pona šŸŒŸ gold star for you

Oui! Ca va tres bien! Je mā€™appelle Citron en class de Francais, et toi? Yep! Me toki lili LILI Toki PonašŸ˜‚ Thanks for the star! Itā€™s always awesome to find a fellow conlang nerd! Hereā€™s a test though, do you know of Food Tongue? Apple sauce grape Food Tongue. Pear?

ah! well, the mainly used ones are the dialects of the seven kingdoms in my story (Therā€™ean spoken in Therā€™ea, Terbican in Terbica, Ferā€™dian in Ferā€™dell, Riuuā€™vian in Riuu, Elberaean in Elbere, Naaten in Naataion and Peontan in Peonta), as well as a ā€œcommon languageā€, called the Widespread Speech, that most people will all speak (unless theyā€™re in a very remote location and have no reason to use it). they donā€™t seem to have any unique features, except that some words are mutually intelligible between dialects and dialects can even ā€œblendā€ if on the border of two kingdoms. also, accents exist, and it is possible to tell where someone is from just by the way they speak, much like english!

Thatā€™s awesome! Thatā€™s always an important detail in linguistics that many forget, that languages are not concrete entities with concrete rules, they hot mixing pots constantly bleeding into one another, and changing with the different ways each generation thinks and speaks.

no, i would disagree there. if a pile of leaves and a log were put next to each other, they would not suddenly merge into a tree, so there is no reason for the fiog and leash to suddenly become a fish and tree. they would simply remain a fiog and leash.

Seems fair. But if a log and some leaves canā€™t be put together into a tree, why can pieces of wood be put together to create a chair? If itā€™s about being physically connected, then why can a group of things be referred to as a single thing, a ā€˜groupā€™, even if they arenā€™t touching?

(also thank you for being the source of my intellectual stimulation today)

Your welcome! That is always my goal!

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

Esther
        @esther-c
          • Total Posts: 3205

@scripter-of-kingdoms

Welll, not really. I have to be in the right mood lol.

Write what should not be forgotten. ā€” Isabel Allende

Light
          @lightoverdarkness6
            • Total Posts: 1626

@savannah_grace2009

Thatā€™s me ALL THE TIME!!! I thought I was the only one!!!!

OH MY GOODNESS girl you are NOT the only one XDXD Ikr!!!! Itā€™s just like ooooo I rlly love this ideaā€¦.letā€™s start a google doc titled short story and not come back to it for seven months shall we??

XD

Whatā€™s some of your favorite prompts? šŸ˜€

@scripter-of-kingdoms
            Oh my goodness itā€™s been like 11 days šŸ˜…šŸ˜… iā€™m so sorryyy i took so long to respond šŸ˜­

nice to meet you too! ahhh donā€™t worry about turning 15, it seems worse than it is LOL

:)) Aww thxxx. Lol thank you for the reassurance girl, it is much appreciated šŸ™‚

ooooh very nice hobbies! what music do you like? ^^

Thanks!!! <3 Oh boy šŸ˜‚ Letā€™s seeĀ I love instrumental, pop, country, Christian, classical, and more. My favorite artists are probablyyy Forest Black, Lauren Daigle, AJR, Alan Walker, Clinton Kane, and The Piano Guys. Sry thats alot šŸ˜…

awwww tehe *hugs*

<333

oh my worddd twelve year old me wasnā€™t cool šŸ˜‚ but iā€™m honoured you thought so, hehe

Hahahaha girl šŸ˜‚ 12 yr old me wasnā€™t eitherā€¦ XD Ofccc <3

HAHA WELL ITā€™S HARD i can tell you that, it takes me so much energy (and many a nanowrimo) to finish books LOL

HAHA I BET!!!! You did it tho thatā€™s AmAzInG šŸ„°šŸ„°Ā  Maybe one day Iā€™ll get thereee

1. tragedy boys, itā€™s SO SPECIAL to meā€¦ the characters are incredibly dear to my heart and iā€™ve spent so much time with them theyā€™re incredibly real people to me šŸ˜­

Awwwwwwwww I LUV when that happensā€¦the characters just become a part of u donā€™t they šŸ˜­ā¤ Iā€™d absolutely loveee to hear more about it if u ever wanna share!! :))

2. hmmmmā€¦ most fun? probably youngho or katsu (the former being my favourite character and the latter being an annoying, VERY charming arrogant jerk who has adhd and just. has such a presence. he is the certified Cool Personā„¢. i love my characters so much oh my word help)

Awwww my worddd Youngho sounds like an absolute precious baby who must be protected at all costs im in love alreadyyyy šŸ„°šŸ˜­šŸ„°šŸ˜­

Ahahaha YESSS I love the charming arrogant jerk cool persons.. they are legit the best šŸ˜‚šŸ„° So fun to write. and usually have soooo much hidden insecurity and trauma poor things šŸ˜­ Katsu sounds amazingg šŸ˜

Goodness girl I do too, join the club. Nothin to be ashamed about šŸ˜€ Everyone loves their charries to death around here šŸ˜‚šŸ„°Ā LiterallyĀ 

3. english (lol), enough french to hold decent conversations with people, about the same level for korean, basic mandarin, and very basic welsh

Niceeee!! Thatā€™s so cool šŸ˜ Lol Iā€™m learning Spanish and Iā€™m debating between expanding my very very small knowledge of Hebrew or start French šŸ˜…

4. VANSIRE!!!!!! i literally love their music so much criiiiiiiiiiiiiiii they make me so happy

OooOoo nice!! Iā€™ll have to look them up. Do you have Spotify?

same questions go for you!!

:))

ok lets see

1. Hmmm I rlly love all of my current projectsā€¦but two in particular are very dear to me.

The first is my brother-sister-kidnapped-story in which 14 year old Asher is kidnapped and his older sister Iris has to go on a long journey to rescue him from the villainā€¦and thereā€™s a whole lot more than that but my brain just canā€™t right now šŸ˜‚šŸ˜­

and I love my beach resort love story type romance WIP šŸ˜‚ Itā€™s best friends to lovers and itā€™s sooo cutee oh my word šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ and my main boy, Tyler (or Ty) is just my baby I love him so muchh šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

lol sorry about the rant šŸ˜…šŸ˜…

2. Ooo my most-fun-to-write charrie would definitely be Dylan hehe. He and Tyler are also probably my favorites XD

Dylan is around 17-18, heā€™s ma sarcastic snarky outwardly edgy bad boi but who is really such a soft cinnamon roll and sooo sweetttt and traumatized oh gosh I love him so much šŸ˜˜šŸ˜­ā¤ And heā€™s also the son of my villain soooo thatā€™s super funn. Heā€™s in my other kidnapped hostage WIP (gosh i really need to figure out a name for it XD) Andā€¦heā€™s actually the one who kidnapped Asher šŸ˜šŸ«¢

Anddd I already answered 3 and 4 šŸ˜…šŸ™ƒ

haha funny that you mention kpopā€¦ iā€™m not really into it anymore šŸ˜… i found out a little after i left KP that a lot of the artists in that industry are into some pretty shady spiritual stuffā€¦ so i dropped listening to it, lol

Ohhhh really? Goodnessā€¦šŸ˜… yeahh iā€™m not that into it, i just listen to it when Iā€™m around my friends who like it šŸ˜…

Thx for the warning!!

also my word i must tell you, your enthusiasm and friendliness made me happy ^^ šŸ’—

Awwwwww ofc!! Youā€™re so sweet šŸ˜­ā¤ Thank you!! And same girlie! I canā€™t wait to get to know you better <33

#HugRikerSquad

Elizabeth
            @lewilliams
              • Total Posts: 252

[quote quote=161547]

(Tetsuya Nomura wrote something comprehensible for once), [/quote]

I love the highly specific insults happening on this forum thread. ā€˜Tis a thing of beauty. (Also hi Kads!!)

ā€œSeven seconds till the end. Time enough for you. Perhaps. But what will you do with it?ā€

Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            >