hi (again)

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE hi (again)

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Esther
    @esther-c
      • Total Posts: 3205

@scripter-of-kingdoms

awwww kalmar is such a well-done character….. the ending with him and janner always makes me tear up :’)

Yesss 🥹

what is your favourite piece to play? ^^

Ermmm… I don’t know actually. XD I want to learn We Are the Champions by Queen. But so far, my favorite has been the Top Gun Anthem. (I haven’t really played much classical music yet, but hopefully that will change when I start up lessons again. XD)

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Kads
      @scripter-of-kingdoms
        • Total Posts: 765

@freedomwriter76 awww that’s awesome!

haha you’re good, i’m sure i’m not much older either 🤣

staring at the fields
        if nothing's really real
        i'll make the winter now my home

Kads
        @scripter-of-kingdoms

@esther-c

ooooh that’s so fun!! do you listen to classical music at all? hehe

staring at the fields
          if nothing's really real

Kads
          @scripter-of-kingdoms

@thearcaneaxiom

ahh, set theory was actually pretty decent, i can vibe with you on that one for sure. it’s one of the easier topics out there lol

wow! your writing seems very intentional and full of meaning, just by the name alone there

i’d agree with that, info dumping is abominable and i try to avoid it at all costs 😂 there are definitely better and more efficient ways to worldbuild without being annoying and shoving it in a reader’s face

(ooh which videogames do you like?) yes i really liked the way they executed the narrative. it was my first (and so far only) exposure to a science fantasy, and it worked really well. sephiroth scared the crap out of nine year old me 😂 but yes the way they added the scientific elements into the story was well executed, a huge corporation is trying to harness the energy of the planet for commercial use basically, and then one of their soldiers (who’s been subject to some uh sciencey stuff  🙃) goes insane and destroys the company and tries to use that energy for himself. so. it’s well done but if you’re planning on playing it just fair warning it’s pretty dark at some parts… kinda wish i hadn’t played it bc of that but the premise/components of the plot/execution of the plot itself is good

ooh brandon sanderson! i’ve read his skyward trilogy, he’s an excellent writer! and that is an extremely fascinating concept, i think that’s very uniquely utilized in a story. reminds me of superfluids a little bit.

ah! then that would probably be my characters. they’re my favourite thing about my stories. i think they’re unique, and they are very special to me ☺️ specifically my character Youngho, he’s incredibly close to my heart.

that is a very compelling character and premise! from what you’ve told me and the eloquence of your speech even in your post i have no doubt you’ve executed it flawlessly! i would genuinely be more than interested to read that if you’re ever searching for readers! (also, love the name Liren) what makes him your favourite? and how long have you been writing about him for? what’s his book about?

hm well there’s one called a “korû” which is similar, appearance-wise, to a kitsune from Japanese mythos. however if you look it in the eye it holds the ability to psychologically manipulate you. (although, i’m rewriting the book from scratch… i might scrap it, i’m not sure) aside from that and from the faeries, there’s not much else 😅 boring, i know

nope unfortunately, it’s very character-driven so it’s mainly just focused on the characters’ spiritual journey lol. therefore i didn’t really find a place in the plot to put any allusions to nephilim or dragons. however, in the book there are paper cranes folded by God that turn into real cranes that are divine messengers! they’re sort of representative of what we would commonly think of angels to be!

eh, just a historical fiction lol nothing too fun 😂 the locations and the ancestors of the characters are real, as well as the customs of the time and whatnot, but the characters are fictional and the events of the plot are also fictional.

…….wow. *is now glad she’s studying physics*

i don’t even know what to say to that, that’s such a breathtaking, artistic, beautiful concept…. you’ve rendered me speechless. that’s incredible. i genuinely cannot come up with a good response to that 😂 just….. wow. i love that a lot. ideas relating to dimensions always intrigue me!! how does time work in the septres? are they dimensions unto themselves, or comprised of dimensions?

ouais ! ca va bien pour toi ? 😊 oooh thai and vietnamese are on my to-study list! and oh my goodness, someone else who’s actually heard of toki pona 🌟 gold star for you

ah! well, the mainly used ones are the dialects of the seven kingdoms in my story (Ther’ean spoken in Ther’ea, Terbican in Terbica, Fer’dian in Fer’dell, Riuu’vian in Riuu, Elberaean in Elbere, Naaten in Naataion and Peontan in Peonta), as well as a “common language”, called the Widespread Speech, that most people will all speak (unless they’re in a very remote location and have no reason to use it). they don’t seem to have any unique features, except that some words are mutually intelligible between dialects and dialects can even “blend” if on the border of two kingdoms. also, accents exist, and it is possible to tell where someone is from just by the way they speak, much like english!

no, i would disagree there. if a pile of leaves and a log were put next to each other, they would not suddenly merge into a tree, so there is no reason for the fiog and leash to suddenly become a fish and tree. they would simply remain a fiog and leash.

(also thank you for being the source of my intellectual stimulation today)

staring at the fields
            if nothing's really real

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 8156

@scripter-of-kingdoms

alsoooo, I saw u talking about how traumatized your charries are…welcome to the Club 😂😂

Kads
              @scripter-of-kingdoms

@freedomwriter76 LOL yes all of my characters have problems. i don’t know if there’s even one who doesn’t. but one of my characters has like uhhh eight mental disorders hahahaha whoopsie dont know how that happened

staring at the fields
                if nothing's really real

Anonymous

@scripter-of-kingdoms OOF i feel u 😅

Like, my baby Riker? He has PTSD from his past, suffers from intense guilt, super, SUPER low self-esteem, has been told by his own father that he’s a mistake (the baby😭) and then gets MORE PTSD from what he does during a war…so yeahhhh…

long story short, he’s my fav XD

Anonymous

i am well known to be a girl that falls for all of the broken bois 😂

Kads
                    @scripter-of-kingdoms

@freedomwriter76 hmm then you’ll certainly be crushing hard on youngho because he has C-PTSD, ASD, SPD, BDD, OCD, depression, anxiety, and ADHD

staring at the fields
                      if nothing's really real

Anonymous

@scripter-of-kingdoms (i meant to add that Riker has C-PTSD, oof)

yes, i am starting to love him already…if you could, please tell me more ^u^

Kads
                        @scripter-of-kingdoms

@freedomwriter76 haha youre good

he’s 15 years old, korean, lives in japan with his adoptive big brother ^^ has brown eyes and light pink hair in need of cutting. super skinny and small. very very much a child at heart. (also since he is autistic + has severe trauma, he is rather childish) pretty much a nine or ten year old mentally, by body he only looks like twelve or thirteen. the saddest happy person or happiest sad person you’ll ever meet. he’s so so so so happy but also so so so so sad. loves nature, especially the sky and flowers. incredibly kind and very naive as well, but also understands a lot more than he lets on. is stunningly good at piano! he’s a prodigy hahaha

and i could go on and on forever but i’ll spare you for now unless you want an essay 😅

hbu, tell me about your character riker? <3

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Kads.

staring at the fields
                          if nothing's really real

Anonymous

@scripter-of-kingdoms

I

LOVE

HIM

😍😍😍

i am 100% up to hearing an essay about Youngho!!! EEEE, he sounds amazing!!!! 🤩

(pls forgive me if this turns into a loving rant XD)

Riker is 28 years old, German, lives in a small German town. has dark blue eyes, pale skin, wavy dark brown hair, and a long, thin scar on his left cheek. Verbally, mentally, and physically abused by his father. Feels guilty for the deaths of thousands. Works as a Lieutenant in the SS (he’s from the aforementioned ww2 novel, heh heh). loves his family and will do anything to protect his wife, kids, mother, and younger sister. Loves his father even tho his father has abused him (leading to a too submissive attitude that does lead to him getting hurt in the 2nd novel😭). Loyal to a fault. has compassion on people that the world turns their backs on. loves people regardless of their faults. Sees himself as a mistake. thinks he never should have been born. Thinks that the only punishment worthy enough for his sin is Hell. Believes in God but sees God as distant and cruel due to his father.

Kads
                            @scripter-of-kingdoms

@freedomwriter76 tehe then i’m happy to indulge you <3

heh well uh he was severely abused by his parents (physically mentally and emotionally) and he has a lot of physical mental and emotional scars… poor boy 😢 he is so wonderful though, he’s just absolutely lovely and has so much love for his friends and he’s very full of life and just… brimming with existence and colour!!! and he has a beautiful childlike faith and his emotion is what makes him strong even though he doesnt know it, ahhhhhh i love him so much ksjhjahjkhkjhkjahjkhdjkh and he has flashbacks a lot and he’s just making it through life and he has a poetry mind and he’s clumsy and he’s just such a BOY and i love him so much

(forgive me hahaa im a little out of it atm)

AHHHH I LOVE HIM ALREADY???!!!!!!!?!!?!?!? CAN I BE HIS FRIEND DDNNSDASSA<SBMAHFBJSKHSNALDDVHCNSADLKW

staring at the fields
                              if nothing's really real

Anonymous

@scripter-of-kingdoms OH MY GOSHHHHHHHHHH I LOVEEEEEEE HIMMMMMMMMMMMMM

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH CAN I JUST, LIKE, HUG HIM!?!?!?!?!?!

YESSS, OF COURSEEEE YOU CAN BE HIS FRIENDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. HE NEEDS ALL THE LOVE HE CAN GETTTTTT😭

Kads
                                @scripter-of-kingdoms

@freedomwriter76 ADSKJKSAJKSJKJK HE NEEDS IT XD IF U CAN PERSUADE HIM TO BE HUGGED LOL HE STRUGGLES WITH PHYSICAL TOUCH :’DDD

SAHKSAHKDASHKAHKAHK GIVE HIM MY LOVEEEEE

staring at the fields
                                  if nothing's really real

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >