hi (again)

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE hi (again)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    MineralizedWritings
    @mineralizedwritings
      • Total Posts: 2793

@scripter-of-kingdoms

hello and welcome back!

I joined about a year ago or less, but I remember seeing some of your old posts around. Yeah… the group has rotated a lot, there’s probably about 3 active people from when I first joined even, the crowd rotates.

I see you’ve been writing for awhile! I’d love to hear about one of your wips, whichever you feel most inspired to share about! I mostly write dystopian, but sometimes fantasy. Do you just write fantasy, or have you tried other genres?

Also, the most important question….

Are snakes cool?

へびは かっこいい です!

Kads
      @scripter-of-kingdoms
        • Total Posts: 765

@mineralizedwritings

ahh haha really? interesting! i apologize that you had to see my old posts though 😭 i was so cringe oh goodness

awww i’m flattered! <3 here’s a bit about one of my current wips, Tragedy Boys:

Eight young men are all bound to the yakuza by oath. But none of them are finding satisfaction there. They must grapple with the complications that come with this, along with the ups and downs of life, and trauma that cannot be buried. Questions arise: Where do they stand? What matters most? Is the past to be kept with oneself? And most importantly, where is meaning to be found?

(i know it’s a sucky blurb and gives you pretty much no info about the characters or anything, rippp)

yes, i write in lots of genres hehe i’ve written in fantasy, realistic, and am currently trying my hand at alternate history as well 😮

yes! i like snakes! they’re cute hehe

staring at the fields
        if nothing's really real
        i'll make the winter now my home

RAE
        @rae
          • Total Posts: 2993

@scripter-of-kingdoms

oh my goodness girlie you have a whole universe going on over there! sounds like you really like sci-fi! i’d assume you like star wars then?

Actually, I’ve only actually watched the first two or three movies. My brother got the Lego sets because they were”cool” and I know some stuff about it, but I’m not a crazy fan, especially with the recent additions to the franchise, the new movies have spoiled Star Wars. I’ve watched a Christian movie review, that’s how I know about the latest ones.

I’m a fan of Robert Heinlein’s work and I am a fan of my belovéd Nahim, who had to say hi as a sci-fi character. My big brother is a science fiction geek type thing, and I just follow carefully in his wake.

And my big brother has the universe going, I have a little beyond a Galaxy (something about C having ships the size of planets times 50 and little me thinking a Galaxy is enough)

Yeah.

So…What about your fantasy world?

#Justiceforsandwichclone
          #theclonesdeservedbetter
          #HugRikerSquad
          #HugHans

Kads
          @scripter-of-kingdoms

@rae

ah, yeah, that’s understandable haha. i haven’t seen much star wars aside from the mandalorian so i get that lol

oh cool, i’ve never heard of robert heinlein! i’ll have to check him out! ^^

wowza, that’s amazing :0 what inspired you to create all this?

hmm, well… i have a high fantasy world, which i have a 9-book series planned around, and i also have a low fantasy, Old Testament-inspired world which i wrote a standalone about hehe

staring at the fields
            if nothing's really real

MineralizedWritings
            @mineralizedwritings

@scripter-of-kingdoms

Wow, that sounds so cool! I love your line about is the past to be kept to oneself… there’s a lot of directions that could go 🤔

Oh alternate history!! I’ve never read alternate history, but I really like the captain America series which is technically one 😉 just watched the third one a week or so ago.

へびは かっこいい です!

Kads
              @scripter-of-kingdoms

@mineralizedwritings

awwww thank you! yesss haha all the characters are very traumatized LOL (no seriously my favourite character has 8 mental disorders… oops)

what about you, what are your wips about? ^^

oooh interesting! i’m not super into marvel but that sounds cool hehe, mine is about a (fictional) welsh prince which is… considerably less superhero-y and cool LOL

staring at the fields
                if nothing's really real

Cloaked Mystery
                @jonas
                  • Total Posts: 2624

@scripter-of-kingdoms

Hi! …Er…Greetings from Celestiar! I joined a few months ago. I’m a fantasy writer, working on the universe Celestiar with my sister, @highscribeofaetherium.

🏰 Fantasy Writer
                  ✨ Magic System Creator
                  🎭 Character RPer
                  📚 Appreciator of Books

MineralizedWritings
                  @mineralizedwritings

@scripter-of-kingdoms

Yw! Oh yeah I get it… I try to not have too much of that but I do have a really broken boi (Featured in my pfp XD) … and another broken boi that’s so depressing to write I actually only write him when I’m depressed 😂

I have a couple wips, but here’s my mains:

This one is my first ever, from when I started a year ago! It’s changed a lot XD

After a devastating civil war over 200 years ago, the human population was so low, the fighting couldn’t continue. Both sides retreated to their bunkers, leaving the world they ruined behind. Life seems to be ok, with bunkers being mostly self sufficient. The people of the west hills bunkers never disagree, believing that voicing your difference of opinion only causes catastrophe, just like the war long ago. Living with those you agree with seems to be the only way to live in peace. Told that the outside is a burning mess of war leftovers, the next generation never ventures outside. Tauren and Lesli, two teenagers from the mining district, start to question if this is the real reason… or if it’s all a lie to protect them from conflict.

Then my second a fantasy, I was going to put the blurb but i edited it out XD if you saw it than that’s fine. I’m always nervous about intellectual theft (Not by you, kp is open to anyone who has internet lol) so I tend to not share that one online, I want to get it published sometime and it’s my current best idea 🙂

Well I think a welsh prince sounds very cool. 🙂

へびは かっこいい です!

Linyang Zhang
                    @devastate-lasting
                      • Total Posts: 1700

@scripter-of-kingdoms already at 2 pages aye?

Lately, it's been on my brain
                      Would you mind letting me know
                      If hours don't turn into days

Kads
                      @scripter-of-kingdoms

@devastate-lasting hehe indeed

@jonas
                        nice to meet you! (is your name jonas, by any chance? 🤣) celestiar is a very cool name!

@mineralizedwritings
                        ooooh that sounds so cool, it’s giving city of ember/the search for wondla/masterminds vibes!

nah haha you’re good, i totally understand that! <3

how long have you been writing for?

staring at the fields
                        if nothing's really real

hybridlore
                        @hybridlore
                          • Total Posts: 1354

@kads

Hey!! Nice to meet you, it’s cool you’re back! I’m hybridlore, a Christian homeschooler and teenage girl, sci fi/dystopian writer, and violinist!

Edit–forgot to mention, I’ve been on here since April. But I stalked the forum for a few weeks before I joined XD

Congratulations on finishing three novels! That’s amazing! I’m about a quarter through my first actual novel (I’ve had lots of projects before, but never got more than a few chapters through.)

We actually have so much in common! I love personality types (mbti, the enneagram recently) and I’m an INTP, except I sort of fit in between types XD. My scores were sort of 60/40 on most of it.

I also like crocheting and I play the violin with Suzuki! I’m on book 2/3, mostly finished with book 2 but the program I’m using you have to record every song when you’re done, so I’m working on that right now. Cello is really fun! I’m in a junior ensemble with some cello players! 🙂

Anyway, what genre do you write? I’m assuming fantasy based on your titles…? What are your favorite book series?

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by hybridlore.

There is always light behind the clouds.
                          - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Cloaked Mystery
                          @jonas
                            • Total Posts: 2624

@scripter-of-kingdoms

@jonas nice to meet you! (is your name jonas, by any chance? 🤣)

Why, yes, how did you know? 😆

celestiar is a very cool name!

Thanks! I’m actually not particularly happy with it, but I’m glad you like it!

🏰 Fantasy Writer
                            ✨ Magic System Creator
                            🎭 Character RPer
                            📚 Appreciator of Books

hybridlore
                            @hybridlore
                              • Total Posts: 1354

Oops @scripter-of-kingdoms got your tag wrong!

There is always light behind the clouds.
                              - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Kads
                              @scripter-of-kingdoms

@jonas *My Name Is Jonas by Weezer plays*

@hybridlore
                                ooooo, that’s awesome! good for you! what’s the word count?

YOOOOOOO a fellow mbti nerd 😭❤️ i love intps, yall are amazinggg hehe intp is sometimes called the “cousin type” to infp and i think that’s so cute hehe

ahhhhh fellow book 2 player yayyy i just started book 2 yesterday LOL so you’re ahead of me

i write fantasy, contemporary, and most recently have begun a medieval alternate history project! how about you? ^^

i love the Time Quintet (Madeleine L’Engle), Wingfeather Saga (Andrew Peterson), A Series of Unfortunate Events (Lemony Snicket), Green Ember (S.D. Smith), some mangas as well, and i’m sure there’s more but i can’t think of them at the moment haha. my answers, however, would differ when asked what my favourite individual BOOKS are lol. wbu?

staring at the fields
                                if nothing's really real

Kads
                                @scripter-of-kingdoms

@sparrowhawke are you still alive here on kp????

staring at the fields
                                  if nothing's really real

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >