Fantasy/Modern School AU RP

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Fantasy/Modern School AU RP

Viewing 15 posts - 5,356 through 5,370 (of 5,544 total)
  • Author
    Esther
    @esther-c
      • Total Posts: 3221

@

beth-torres

Sorry I took so long to RP again!!

Oh and quick question, how is Navin pronounced?

Fynn 

“Just down this way.” Fynn led the way with long strides, but slowed down when Navin didn’t walk as fast. They fell into an awkward silence that Fynn racked his brain for a way to break. “So, you going to the dance tomorrow?”

@freed_and_redeemed

Yeah, it was buried in here somewhere. 😂

Easton

Hallie gave Fin a warm, but bigger-than-normal smile as she walked by him and into the classroom. Easton followed behind, trying to not roll his eyes again.

As Fin stepped in behind him, Easton opened his mouth to say something, but closed it, deciding not to speak what was going through his mind. Instead, he gave Fin a pat on the shoulder and a quick smile. “Thanks.”

Oh my word 😂😂

@savannah_grace2009

Do we wanna RP Lukas and Livia? I think in one of Fynn’s RPs Lukas went over to talk to Liv in the hall. (And if I remember correctly, he tripped on the way over XD)

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Esther
      @esther-c

@beth-torres Messed up your tag 👆

freedom
        @freed_and_redeemed
          • Total Posts: 341

@esther-c

Fin

Fin followed both Easton and Hallie into the classroom. He set down his backpack and offered the teacher a smile. “Good afternoon, Miss.”

“You’re late.”

“I apologize…I wasn’t quite expecting the school to be so…far away? I’m sorry.”

“Well,” she released a deep sigh, visibly exhausted, “at least you’re here…”

Fin smiled gently; seeing the clock and noting that school wouldn’t start for another several minutes, he went back to Hallie and Easton. “Thank you for helping me find this classroom.”

author_katelyn_douglas on Instagram
          Freedom's Fire set to release Spring/Summer 2024

Whaley
          @whalekeeper
            • Total Posts: 2637

@godlyfantasy12

Eeeyyy you distracted me in class, and I never get distracted by a phone in class 😂 Now I can say I’ve had a universal teenager experience.

Hugo

Bullies – any kind of bully – sent a shiver down Hugo’s spine, spiking the hair along his neck like a dog.

But he, like this boy, wasn’t aggressive. He would rather smooth himself down and give people whatever they wanted.

So, in a way, he couldn’t give Paxton any advice, besides advice a tired veteran gives a rookie.

“I’m sorry they hit you. But you know what?”

“W-What?”

“It is no fault of your own. It is their fault for not accepting you. And you don’t have to… c-conform to what they want. If they want you to be tall and strong and part of the group, they’re just scared of what else you might become.”

Paxton took a deep breath, shuddering and trying not to make any more noise.

“Sadness is one of those things your brothers are scared to feel. But it makes you strong. I cry all the time,” Hugo whispered.

It was true. He cried when life was unfair, and he cried whenever his brother went into a happy-spell – which was just another subcategory of unfair.

He wrapped a large ice in a cloth, and put it in Paxton’s bag, for later use. “If I have learned anything, it is that a sensitive face is better than not feeling at all.”

Even worse, was if someone hid their feelings so long, they had to hide the no-emotion with fake expression. With animated grins and sparkles, unable to find their face under all the layers.

@loopylin
            (kind of, since you don’t need to know what he’s doing)

Sebastian

Seb gave a sparkly grin.

He clicked his heels together, whistling in the hallway before slipping into his dorm. Inside, he trounced into the bathroom, and stared deliberately in the mirror.

For a good ten minutes he stood there. Thinking of butterflies. Thinking of how much shoes hurt your toes. Thinking of love, the only effect he had detected so far without a cause. Thinking of nothingness.

Then he took up his hairbrush, and hit his own head with all his strength.

The quirky thunk registered first, then a wave of silver light pressed against his eyes. Silver, gold, pink, all the cute nursery colors, and he saw himself in the mirror again with newfound clarity and glee.

He did it several more times. Then threw the brush away, and banged his head against the wall, leaving a noticeable dent.

The pain never registered. It never actually did, for some reason.

The beat was faint at first, but slowly… slowly… he could hear it. A musical beat, which he couldn’t help nodding his head to.

“Perfect,” he smirked, as the music swirled out into distant space and time. “Alright, babycakes, let’s commit some emotional damage.”

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

LoopyLin
            @loopylin
              • Total Posts: 2062

@freed_and_redeemed

Lois

“Oh, cool. We don’t have much rock where I’m from, but the little I’ve  heard, I enjoyed. Um, my name’s Lois, by the way.”

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

LoopyLin
              @loopylin

@whalekeeper

Eddie

“Liko Landerson. What a surprise seeing you here.”

“Ed! Hello!” Eddie’s old friend looked down at her with a blinding smile.

Liko looked pretty much the same as last time she had seen him: tall, lanky build, four arms, blue skin, and a head of poofy, unkempt green hair. The only difference was he had a janitor’s uniform on instead of his typical grease-stained overalls, and carried a mop instead of a wrench.

“Yeah, I love mechanic work, but, you know, I wasn’t getting enough customers, so I thought I’d try something else out for a bit.”

Eddie nodded, trying hard not to stare at the ring of keys hanging from Liko’s belt. Or at the hand slowly reaching for them from behind.

“So, why are you here?”

“Ellie and I are students. We love it here.”

“Cool! Speaking of, where is– oh!”

Ellie suddenly appeared next to Ed with a smile, her hands shoved deep into her hoodie’s pocket.

“Here.”

Liko chuckled. “Sorry, you’re just so easy to miss sometimes.”

She shrugged. “It happens.”

“Anyway,” Eddie chimed back in, “We should probably get to class now. It was nice seeing you!”

“Yeah, you too!”

The girls waved a friendly goodbye and began walking away.

They were almost out of sight before Liko noticed.

“Where– Hey, wait! Come back!”

Eddie and Ellie broke into a sprint. They turned a corner and Ellie suddenly stopped at a door and pulled the ring of keys from her pocket. Eddie bounced anxiously on her toes as she waited. Finally, Ellie found the right key and shoved the door open. They ran inside, slammed the door behind them, and locked it.

The room was cramped and dusty and felt a bit like a closet, except for a small window letting light in from outside.

There was a thud as Liko ran into the door behind them. The handle rattled.

“Oh, come on, guys.” They heard a knock on the door along with Liko’s muffled voice. “Will you open the door? If you needed me to unlock something for you, you could have just asked…”

Ignoring him, Ellie opened up a metal box on the wall and looked closely at all the switches inside.

Liko sighed and tried the handle again. Ed felt a sudden pang of sympathy.

“Aw, Ellie, he sounds so sad.”

“Hold on.”

There was a click, and the lights went out. Every distant buzz or hum of machinery shut off, leaving behind a silence that seemed to hold its breath.

“…Oh… oh no. No, no, no… Ellie? Girls, I know you can hear me in there.” Liko sounded like he was trying to be stern, but he couldn’t get rid of the panicked whine in his voice. “This is – I can’t– It’s my first day with this job and I really need those keys and I can’t have the power going out on my first day because I lost them to some kids and… Just open the door? Please?”

There was a pause. Eddie gave her sister the saddest puppy eyes she could manage. Ellie shook her head.

“Ok, well, you guys leave me no choice. I’m going to go get a teacher. I mean it… I’m going now… You could stop me any time by opening the door… Ok… I’m going…”

After a moment, Liko’s defeated footsteps could be heard walking away.

Ellie sat down on the cold, cement floor and crossed her legs.

“And now we wait.”

LoopyLin
                @loopylin

Ugh sorry it’s so long

LoopyLin
                  @loopylin

@everyone In case you didn’t read that giant rp up there (understandable), all the power in the school just went out. I apologize on Ellie’s behalf.

Koshka
                    @koshka
                      • Total Posts: 1428

@loopylin

*Pokes head out from secret vantage point*

Hey, I love long RPs. Please don’t apologize. I’d like to see more.

How else are y’all supposed to practice writing and me spying?

*Disappears into the shadows*

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Whaley
                      @whalekeeper
                        • Total Posts: 2637

@loopylin

Oh no, Liko! Poor dude… now I feel bad. We must return the keys right after and tell him how cool he is.

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

freedom
                        @freed_and_redeemed
                          • Total Posts: 341

@loopylin @whalekeeper What are the girls and Seb up to?? 😂

@godlyfantasy12
                          Yessss, I have characters that write themselves XD

Alright y’all, we out of power. And I have a character that’s afraid of the dark, poor boi

But first, Riker!

Riker

“Oh, cool. We don’t have much rock where I’m from, but the little I’ve  heard, I enjoyed. Um, my name’s Lois, by the way.”

Riker glanced at the boy.

Did he dare make another acquaintance–possibly even a friend–when there was no guarantee that Riker would even continue coming back to school before long? Did he dare to step forward and let someone into his circle where people already knew too much about him, his father, and his life?

Riker forced a smile to hide his hesitation. He could be acquaintances with Lois…he’d just make sure that he didn’t let him close enough to know. “I’m Riker. Nice to meet you-”

Before Riker could finish speaking, the lights went off and the room plunged into darkness.

“Well, isn’t that just great.” The teacher mumbled, sinking back into her chair with a deep sigh.

and now…for the poor baby afraid of the dark

Reuben

The lights went off.

Reuben’s sneakers squeaked on the floor. Students surrounded him, lost in confusion and wondering how they would get to their next class without any light.

There were so many.

They were so close.

He felt closed in.

Trapped.

Hounded.

Nowhere to go. 

Reuben crumpled to the floor and backed away, placing his back against a locker that belonged to he-didn’t-know-who and brought his knees up to his chest, rocking himself back and forth, back and forth, back and forth again. 

It was too dark…too…so…a lot of darkness.

Memories refused to relinquish their hold; his head pounded with pain and terror.

And he felt trapped. 

author_katelyn_douglas on Instagram
                          Freedom's Fire set to release Spring/Summer 2024

Esther
                          @esther-c

@freed_and_redeemed

Hallie 

“Of course.” Hallie flashed another smile just as the lights went out, plunging the classroom into complete darkness. A few people pulled out their cellphones, trying to get their bearings in the dark.

“What’s going on?”

“Who turned the lights out?”

“EVERYBODY SIT DOWN! PHONES AWAY!”

“I guess now’s a better time than ever to tell you I’m afraid of the dark.”

“Sweet! No math class.”

Halli couldn’t help but laugh in the chaos. “I’m gonna go find out what happened. Wanna come with me?” She elbowed her brother.

“Hallie, stay here. I’m sure the lights will be back on in a few minutes.”

“But maybe they won’t. Maybe someone sneaked into the school and now they’re going to do something illegal.”

Easton’s sigh told her that he didn’t believe her suspicions.

“Please? I promise I won’t get you trouble. We’ll just poke around a bit.”

Easton stood, sighing again.

“Yay!” She grabbed his arm and headed for the door.

If anyone wants to come along with these guys, go right ahead 🙃

LoopyLin
                            @loopylin

@koshka <3 Thanks *Resists the urge to apologize for apologizing*

@whalekeeper

XD The girls will buy him some apology candy or something. They feel bad too.

@freed_and_redeemed

I actually have no idea what Seb is doing (someone please confiscate that hairbrush I’m concerned) but the plan was that Ellie would shut off the power so that Seb could go steal the things that the math teacher confiscated

Beth Torres
                              @beth-torres
                                • Total Posts: 335

@esther-c

Oh that’s fine! I also take a while to respond sometimes…

It’s pronounced Nah-vin

Navin

Navin shook his head, replying quietly, “No.”

He picked up his pace while another moment awkward silence went by, and to his relief, the lights shut off before he had to say a word.

“That’s… unfortunate.” Navin murmured, scanning the darkness.

At least whoever stood under the hole he made in the ceiling had a small light source

“Uh… d- do you want a light?” He took something out of his pocket, two white glowing rocks, which were difficult to stare at due to their brightness, and offered one to Fynn. “But don’t shake it. It’ll explode.”

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Beth Torres.

Please confer to me a moment as I proceed to scrutinize this thought to the maximum degree.

Esther
                                @esther-c

@beth-torres

Ok, thanks!

Fynn

Fynn squinted as Navin pulled out two glowing rocks from his pocket.

“Uh… d- do you want a light? But don’t shake it. It’ll explode.”

Fynn carefully grabbed it, holding it as still as possible. Though he seriously considered shaking it once or twice. “Now that the whole school’s probably been plunged into chaos, we can either be good students and still go to class, or take this opportunity to explore.” He raised his eyebrows, waiting for Navin’s response.

Viewing 15 posts - 5,356 through 5,370 (of 5,544 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >