A Language for Kingdom Pen

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions A Language for Kingdom Pen

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    Erin G
    @erinramm
      • Total Posts: 24

@jenwriter17

Yay! A Royal Encourager! We’ll need one. Creating a language is no simple feat. XD

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Erin G.
      LRC
      @lrc
        • Total Posts: 30

@shannoncv

SHANNON! *tackle hug*

Don’t worry guys, I know her.

@leon-fleming @jenwriter17 @selah-chelyah

Also, none of you know me but I feel like it should be announced that I HAVE ARRIVED!!!

*ahem* Let me introduce myself. I *probably* live in medieval England ’round the 1400s, am the oldest child of 7, homeschool graduate, recent convert to loving cats, drinker of tea, and writer of two huge WIPs for the past 6 years.

Pick out the exaggeration if you’d like. Or leave it in. Apparently there’s a dragon here who can type with her hands and likes to blow up chairs for the mere fun of it, so living in the rolling hills of medieval England (or Wales, I can’t decide) isn’t too far out there.

*eyes @dragon-snapper suspiciously* You know sometimes I wonder if you’re just a human with a flamethrower, but whatever, don’t mind me.

I’m one of those people who never joined KP in the golden days but did a whole bunch of stalking instead 😀 So pardon me but I feel like I know a ton of you. Not you, @leon-fleming, you’re new. Also is that your real face? *squints* You also looked like you stepped out of medieval England, just sayin’.

So, I write historical fiction and modern fiction. I also have an account on Story Embers but it’s always felt a little….uh, well, I don’t know. Rubs me the wrong way somehow.

Plus it’s packed full of people now anyway, and most of them are fantasy writers. Not to offend all fantasy folks, but I could totally start an argument in favor of HF over fantasy. XD But I suppose we must learn to coexist. *takes deep breath*

Anyway. I could go on about…everything. Talk to me!

@shannoncv introduce me to your friends. 😀

Selah CJW
        @selah-chelyah
          • Total Posts: 245

@leon-fleming

*huffs* Ugh. I’ll shelve this whole thought for now. XD

@devastate-lasting
            @jenwriter17

XD You guys are awesome.

@shannoncv

That is SO cool. If it actually works…? I totally have no idea how to even help with that, though. Lol.

@erinramm

Love it!! I have no clue what IPA charts or the lot are, but it still sounds awesome. XD

@lrc

Hiya! I know you from your rubs-you-wrong SE account. XD And I’ve done the same kind of stalking bc of KP’s hiatus. So I get you there, for sure. If you get into any debates about the supremacy of HF, call me and you’ve got my sword all the way. I write (and mainly read) the same genres you mentioned. His-fic forever! 😛

Prendre garde ~ I bleed ink

Kathleen
          @kathleenramm
            • Total Posts: 635

@lrc

Welcome to the forum fellow past KP stalker!

(Yes, I too was a KP stalker only until recently.)

What your WIPs about?

Ah yes, I was wondering that about @leon-fleming as well. TBH I was skeptical at first if his name was even real. It sounds like a name of a protagonist in a fantasy novel. (In a good way of course.)

Glad you finally decided to join the forum! We have a lot of fun here. (Sometimes too much XD)

Not-So-Secret Secret Assassin
            @not-so-secret-secret-assassin
              • Total Posts: 133

@lrc
              Greetings LRC

Medieval England, huh? ‘Round about the 14oos? Interesting, that.

What’s it like over there? Can you teach me how to time travel too? It would be very beneficial, I would think, for spying research, you know?

I’m curious, what time periods are your HF set in?

I always wanted to write Historical Fiction. But writing HF without time travel is… *sigh*

Flawless and handsome (as ruled by my grandmother.)

Alien and Sojourner in a Foreign Land
              @william-starkey
                • Total Posts: 634

@jenwriter17 XD

@devastate-lasting
                Gotcha!

@shannoncv AMAZING. That sounds fantastic! I really hope it works. 🙂

@reaganramm
                Thanks!

@not-so-secret-secret-assassin
                Congratulations! That means that you can either be a person who adds here and there your comments and opinions or what’sits, or you can go deeper into the functions of the language.

@erinramm
                On One and Two: Okay, great!

On the second One: Okay, cool; that’s what I figured too. On TWO: Nice!

ON THE LETTERS: I think that for this situation it would be one hundred percent essential to make this language as original as we can. So, although it would definitely be beneficial to look into those other language IPA charts, I think that it would be much more interesting if we came up with our own, separate chart for the IPA idea. Which means, we may have to use a few accents here and there, but that’s totally okay: I use accents all the time, and just between you and me *reverts to a whisper* I think they look cool.

Also: With our IPA chart: that would be separated from our letters chart, or however and with whatever we decide to compile those new letters.

PS That’s actually a really great idea, now that I think about it (looking at what those types of languages use for their sounds, etc.), but still, the above stands in opinion.

Agree there!

Well, for now I think we should name it something in English, then later, when we get more fluent and able to use the language, then we should name it something that means something in it. Like “language of the kingdom” or something like that.

Any ideas on what we could name it now?

@lrc
                XD Yep, that’s my real face. Though you gotta be careful with fantasy; I mean, I like historical fiction better than the next guy, but where you’re living, its origins are staring all around you. XD Definitely Wales; take it from me, definitely Wales…not like I’ve been there or anything…

@selah-chelyah
                That was a dump-truck of mud, wasn’t it?

@william-starkey

@kathleenramm Yep, that’s definitely my face, all right. That is, unless I have a twin somewhere who hacked all my accounts, and put that photo everywhere. XD @not-so-secret-secret-assassin You wouldn’t mind looking into that would you?

Selah CJW
                  @selah-chelyah

@leon-fleming

XD! Your sense of humor again… And all your ideas about languages are still brilliant, btw.

LRC
                    @lrc

You guys are all remarkably welcoming…oh dear, here come the fuzzies. *wipes away fake tear*

@selah-chelyah
                      GREAT! I have a HF warrior to stand at my side already! We shall be a force to be reckoned with, I’m sure. Sharpen your blade, m’dear, I feel (a fun) war brewing in the air…

Also I’m glad you understand me on the SE front too. It’s not that I don’t like it/the people there, there’s just a bunch of tiny things that kept me from joining in wholehearted fashion. Somehow it’s much nicer here, and I’ve been here for like, 5 minutes.

@kathleenramm

Ah, a fellow past stalker! *high five* It sure was fun peaking in on the craziness, wasn’t it? One of my favorites was when Daeus was crowned King of KP with a raspberry.

You have asked the fatal question!! How would you like to be overwhelmed, with much detail or too much detail?

Okay no you don’t get to choose. My first and oldest wip is set in the mid 1400s and is about the Wars of the Roses, an English medieval civil war. Main theme is loyalty, where to put your loyalty and if/when it’s ever okay to break your word and the consequences of doing so. (As well as others).

There’s about 8 (or 10?) main characters, spread out over 14 or so books. Yes, I am crazy. It’s basically a Saga. Tells the story of the wars, has a lot of historical figures as main characters. Also there’s a mysterious wandering minstrel, because of course there is.

I’ve been working on that one for 6 years, it’s taking a lot of time to develop and plan out in my head, and will take even more time to actually draft. That’s where I’m at now, basically, waiting for my life to settle down a tad so I can focus on drafting.

My second wip is set in the modern day and has some heavier topics at the forefront. It’s about a girl, Joelle, who discovers she was born out of wedlock and has older brothers she didn’t know about. It’s very much a relationship-driven story, and is about the brothers (Marcel, Jeremy, and Sheldon) just as much as Joelle. Of course there’s action here and there—Marcel is a CIA agent, Jeremy is a detective, and Sheldon works for a space agency—but the growth of brotherly and sisterly love is the real deal.

Themes: sins of the past have consequences, but it is possible to move forward and into healing. Those are the main ones, but confidence, unconditional love, and submission are sub themes. Shining as a light, which is a concept very precious to me, is also there too.

…so. Yeah. What’s your WIP, lol?

@william-starkey

@selah-chelyah Why, thank you! 🙂

LRC
                        @lrc

@not-so-secret-secret-assassin Oh it’s amazing over here. And I’d gladly share the secrets of time travel if I knew how I’d gotten here in the first place. I *think* it happened one day when I was researching my Wars of the Roses story (WotR)…I just kinda phased into the history, looked up and decided I’d stay awhile.

@leon-fleming HAST THOU BEEN TO WALES? Tell me EVERYTHING! Also I still have my suspicions. @not-so-secret-secret-assassin, ask HIM about a time machine. And Leon, if you have one, you better share. I wanna go to Pembroke, Wales, and meet Jasper Tudor.

Selah CJW
                          @selah-chelyah

@lrc

Oh yes, m’dear you have my wholehearted support, ’tis for sure! I’ve gone the round on a lot of fronts before. XD

Lol, yep, I get it. I got into SE a lot, but I knew about KP before I ever even joined SE, and always felt a part of it more than SE. Lol. I mean, I ended up an Assistant Guildmaster among other things, and spent a lot of time there, but it still just wasn’t…well…KP! XD Sooo happy to finally be on here for real.

Oh. My. Word.  *tacklehugs*  *tacklehugs again*  I’ve literally never met anyone with WIPs so crazy similar to my own, theme/character/plot, etc-wise. Whoaness!! *internally reeling*  Apparently this likeminded of a write does exist…

Selah CJW
                            @selah-chelyah

@leon-fleming

Oho, no way did I give up. I just shelved it. XD Leave no doubts there…

Btw, I have news for you. We reach Knight in Shining Armorhood at 300 posts. 😛

@william-starkey

@lrc Unfortunately…sadly…dismally…I have not been to Wales. Though I would definitely appreciate a trip someday. Great projects, by the way!

And also: you’ll have to do something big if you even want me to think about talking about any sort of time machine…and whether or not I have one or know where one is. But if you deliver (and soon), I promise you won’t be disappointed…

@selah-chelyah
                                Yeah, I saw that! Where’s the water fountain…

LRC
                                @lrc

@selah-chelyah Oooooh do tell! Is it possible we are kindred spirits?! Lemme hear your WIPs!

(*tackle hugs you in return*)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 120 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >