A Language for Kingdom Pen

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions A Language for Kingdom Pen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    Alien and Sojourner in a Foreign Land
    @william-starkey
      • Total Posts: 634

@devastate-lasting @morwen @erin-ramm

@anyone-else-who-is-interested…for-example: @selah-chelyah

Okay, folks and peoples of this merry Kingdom of the Pen! I’ve had quite an interesting idea. I think it would be interesting for KP to have its own language! Who agrees?

(This is the part where the crowd grumbles and someone says, “I thought there were doughnuts at this gathering?”)

Okay, before anybody thinks this is a terrible idea, let me properly set forth what I have in mind.

1) This would be a collaborative work of art.

2) We would probably have to post pictures of any letters, characters, or otherwise scribbles that we come up with for this language.

3) We should probably have a new set of letters (or characters) for this language just because that would be pretty cool.

4) Where’s the cocoa?

5) The reason why I thought this would be cool is because of this: This is a Kingdom. And this is a Kingdom of a Pen. Any Pen is gonna be writing, and usually (for the most part) that writing is in a language of some sort (or more than one, who knows?). So, because it would be interesting and cool to do this, and because it would provide an interesting and official language for KP (well, we’d have to talk about it being OFFICIAL), I think that it’s an interesting writing proposal.

6) It would also probably be a really great language, because more than one person would probably be working on it: there would be a lot more ideas.

ANOTHER THING: I already have some ideas for it.

ANOTHER NOTE: Obviously (if we ever did happen to agree that this was a great idea), it would take some time to accomplish.

A FINAL IDEA OF IMPERATIVE RELEVANCE: If this began, there would probably be many differing ideas on what to do and how to begin making the language. Fortunately, I’ve already got some ground-breaking ideas on how to clear this up. If we agree that this idea is a go, I will set these forth immediately, because they are superb and are most vital to the collective collaboration of several people to work together for the purpose of making this language.

Any questions? Last-minute observations? Anybody want to collaborate to make this language?

Does anybody think that this is a good idea, and does anybody think that we should do this?

@william-starkey

PS: Does anyone know Erin Ramm’s tag? I saw that she was a “language lover” on the About page of this grassy, mountainous Kingdom.

Selah CJW
        @selah-chelyah
          • Total Posts: 245

@leon-fleming

I’m here alright, and imma watch from the sidelines for a bit… On a role writing ch. 10 at the moment. XD

Prendre garde ~ I bleed ink

Linyang Zhang
          @devastate-lasting
            • Total Posts: 1700

@leon-fleming
            If this does become a thing, please don’t expect me to learn it. At least not be fluent.

Lately, it's been on my brain
            Would you mind letting me know
            If hours don't turn into days

Jenna Terese
            @jenwriter17
              • Total Posts: 2522

I think this is a really cool idea! I don’t know how much of a help I’d be though XD

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
              www.jennaterese.com

Selah CJW
              @selah-chelyah

@devastate-lasting

XD IKR?

Kathleen
                @kathleenramm
                  • Total Posts: 635

Three cheers for Leon Fleming and his amazing ideas!

I give my full, whole-hearted approval to this proposition.

*sends carrier pigeons to other stewards of Pen to inform them of Sidekick Fleming’s brilliance*

We should totally do this!

Let’s make this happen. Post haste.

Who knows? We could even eventually start writing poems and stories in the language of Pen!

Now that would be awesome.

*sips cocoa excitedly*

I’ll definitely be apart of this.

There is no way Erin Ramm won’t be apart of this. (she’s probably going to lose many nights of sleep because of this. In a good way, that is.)

Oh! We should also have a name for the people who create the language. Like the Royal Linguists or something. Ideas?

I eagerly await your ground-breaking ideas, @Leon-Fleming!

Selah CJW
                  @selah-chelyah

@kathleenramm

Do you know her tag? Lol. ‘Cause we can’t find it. 😛

*raises hand*  I vote to be a Royal Linguist of the Kingdom of Pen!

Selah CJW
                    @selah-chelyah

@leon-fleming

@everyone-here

We need titles, too. Like totally. We could make them up, or they could be historical titles. Or a combination.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Selah CJW.

Jenna Terese
                      @jenwriter17
                        • Total Posts: 2522

@selah-chelyah YES, TITLES! 😀

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                        www.jennaterese.com

Selah CJW
                        @selah-chelyah

@jenwriter17

XD Yeah! Historic, made up, or a combo, do you think? They’re SO much fun. 😛

Selah CJW
                          @selah-chelyah

@leon-fleming

@kathleenramm

I found the tag! XD @erinramm, plz join the discussion?

@william-starkey

Okay, this is great! Already so many takers! (Not a bad idea, then. XD)

@selah-chelyah
                              Totally fine! You’re probably in a much more comfortable position than we are. What with the new bleachers being recliners, and all. They’re basically sit-down motor homes. (XD) (Courtesy of the Community Happiness Moderator. That had to cost quite a stack of bills! Of course, we’re practically like Erebor now, so…)

@devastate-lasting
                              @jenwriter17 XD Be not worried! Fluency comes later after the main ideas. Jenna, you can be the official Encouragement Booster. XD

@kathleenramm
                              Wow, thanks! So many ideas! I love that: Royal Linguists of the Kingdom idea. We could be called Linguens for short; short for Linguists (of the) Pen. Pronounced almost like Lincoln (that ‘u’ is pretty much silent). We of the Royal Court of the Kingdom Pen under the old and powerful Ramm must complete this language; all records will be recorded by the scribes and the stewards will bring daily messages and reports to the head of the Pen department. (Those new .38 pilot pens are great, btw. You got to be careful, though; they cut through the paper if you press too hard.)

Love those poetry and story writing ideas for the language of Pen! That would definitely be awesome.

*want some marshmallows?*

Welcome to the team; you are now an official Royal Linguist!

XD Glad to hear it! (That is, in a good way.)

@selah-chelyah
                              Selah Chelyah is now a Royal Linguist!

I am now a Royal Linguist, too! So that makes three of us so far. We should totally get some sort of badge, right? Kathleen? I just thought that since you *heh-heh* have strings to pull, you know, you could work out some sort of badge?

What kind of titles? Cool titles? Or different ones? Or more like brand titles? Or badges!

There it is! Yes, @erinramm, what do you think? *sirens blaring* Calling all @erinramm s (which is really only one person, so…) Calling the @erinramm! *more sirens*

I’ll post what I believe would be some foundationary ideas for the language below:

@william-starkey

We could even make a map…

@william-starkey

One second. (Hopefully this won’t take until tomorrow.)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 120 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >