whaley

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 5,989 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Character Interviews #213903
    whaley
    @whalekeeper
      • Rank: Chosen One
      • Total Posts: 6059

      @loopylin

      When you can, where do you go outside of the castle?

      Do you like being around people or do you like to be alone most of the time?

      What do you like to think about when no one else is around?

      What are your favorite hobbies and pastimes?

      What do you have in your pockets right now? Do you have a habit of carrying anything with you wherever you go?

      ...

      in reply to: Character Interviews #213899
      whaley
      @whalekeeper
        • Rank: Chosen One
        • Total Posts: 6059

        @loopylin

        What is… your favorite color?

        The corner of Merlin’s mouth quirks. “Blue.”

        Do you or have you ever had any pets?

        “My family has owned lab rats, fish, sea monkeys, cats, new mother dogs in foster, insects, worms, isopods, all sorts of microorganisms. I’ve always wanted a bird because I’m going to work with them someday, but I guess you’re not allowed to own endangered birds. I have a snake instead. Dewi.”

        How well do you usually do in school? And are you homeschooled or go to public school?

        “Homeschool and private school, off and on. I was homeschooled a lot from… eight or nine to twelve? Education in my home is just as rigorous as private, and that’s the main reason I felt ready to return to private. Now I’m taking some college classes and I might get into some advanced programs over the summer.”

        What’s your favorite thing about yourself?

        “I like how stubborn I am. Mum and Dad say it’s good to be stubborn when you’re also bloody weird.”

        Do you have many hobbies?

        “I study animals, mostly birds and sea creatures, and I like to draw them in an old medieval style. You know, inaccurately. I collect copies of funny medieval texts like the Voynich Manuscript. I’m learning a bunch of languages like Old English, Welsh, Irish, all those, but I’m a little impatient and I don’t know any of them super well. Mythology is the best thing to read at night before bed.”

        Merlin pulls his whole body up to sit on the counter, and situates himself right next to the microwave and toaster, crossing his legs. He moves so smoothly that you can tell he sits on the counter often.

        He thinks, then adds, “I also love sailing. My family brings me to coastal towns every year in the summer and we always sail. The ocean is wonderful and I wish we lived even closer. I… watch sports on the television when I’m lazy. What else… Oh, and I have a garden out back.”

        ...

        in reply to: Character Interviews #213898
        whaley
        @whalekeeper
          • Rank: Chosen One
          • Total Posts: 6059

          @loopylin

          Oh. Why would you like to go to the fairie realm?

          How has your kingdom made alliances with the fairies before? Do you know the details of how that happened?

          What is your family like?

          What does a normal day in your life look like?

          Do you like your royal responsibilities?

          ...

          in reply to: Character Interviews #213894
          whaley
          @whalekeeper
            • Rank: Chosen One
            • Total Posts: 6059

            @loopylin

            Ah. Do you normally have manservants and guardians following you around? That must feel stifling.

            Why do you enjoy hunting and fencing?

            Your mother sounds kind. Did you have nightmares because of your special gift? Or were your nightmares related to something else?

            What is something you have always wanted to do – a dream or a goal – that you haven’t done yet?

            ...

            in reply to: Character Interviews #213893
            whaley
            @whalekeeper
              • Rank: Chosen One
              • Total Posts: 6059

              @loopylin

              “Alright, then. Wheedle what you can out of me.” Merlin takes the pretzel sticks and puts one halfway into his mouth like a cigar.

              ...

              in reply to: Character Interviews #213890
              whaley
              @whalekeeper
                • Rank: Chosen One
                • Total Posts: 6059

                @loopylin

                Merlin watches you for a little longer, his eye glittering, before he strides over to the kitchen counter and sits down across from you. His voice is quieter and much less emotional than his brother’s. “I’m not sure what all this is about, really.”

                ...

                in reply to: Character Interviews #213887
                whaley
                @whalekeeper
                  • Rank: Chosen One
                  • Total Posts: 6059

                  @loopylin

                  *climbs in through the window* *sets up a chair in front of the previous interviewer, facing Cosmo*

                  Cosmo, putting away his pie tin and oven mitts, pauses mid-movement. He watches you curiously.

                  Okay, my turn. *pulls out notepad and pen* I am here to interview your brother.

                  “Oh. Okay.” He takes off his mitts and waves them at you as he steps out of the kitchen. “Close the window behind you.”

                  The kitchen door swings closed behind him. Voices speak briefly, in hushed tones, and seem to move farther away. Two full minutes pass.

                  Finally, the kitchen door swings open again.

                  The boy who steps out looks just like Cosmo. The same pointed nose and chin, the same soft pout to his mouth, and an almost sad eye with striking eyelashes. The only difference you notice at first is the eyepatch. He wears a blue tank and pants covered in dark stains.

                  He stands in the kitchen doorway instead of coming closer. He leans against the doorframe and studies you.

                  • This reply was modified 3 days, 2 hours ago by whaley.

                  ...

                  in reply to: Character Interviews #213886
                  whaley
                  @whalekeeper
                    • Rank: Chosen One
                    • Total Posts: 6059

                    @loopylin

                    Why did I read Ellis’ voice in a British accent when you’re the one who is supposed to hear British accents from my characters

                    Who I am doesn’t really matter. I’m just here to interview you. I promise, anything you say will be kept secret.

                    How would you describe yourself in three words?

                    Who is your best friend?

                    What do you think is your best quality?

                    What about your worst quality?

                    What do you think of animals?

                    What were you like as a very young kid?

                    ...

                    in reply to: Character Interviews #213882
                    whaley
                    @whalekeeper
                      • Rank: Chosen One
                      • Total Posts: 6059

                      @loopylin

                      You’re Ellis Stormwatcher, aren’t you? We were both sent here so I can ask you a few questions. I hope you don’t mind if I do that.

                      ...

                      in reply to: Jesus Writing Month!!! #213881
                      whaley
                      @whalekeeper
                        • Rank: Chosen One
                        • Total Posts: 6059

                        @liberty

                        I’m just doing some stuff at community college, to get basic classes out of the way. Spanish has been a little time-consuming but it’s fun!

                        ...

                        whaley
                        @whalekeeper
                          • Rank: Chosen One
                          • Total Posts: 6059

                          @elishavet-pidyon @power

                          You two understood the assignment!! This is exactly the stuff I want.

                          This is a lovely smorgasbord of information. I’m taking notes. I will be back to look at this again and look all of this up. Absolutely delightful replies.

                          ...

                          in reply to: The Chat Chat #213874
                          whaley
                          @whalekeeper
                            • Rank: Chosen One
                            • Total Posts: 6059

                            @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @e-m-trepke @beth-torres

                            Thank you for the ideas! I will add them to the list. Naming pets is a little harder than I remember it being. It’s been a while since I had some of my own. All of your suggestions are spiffing little names, indeed.

                            Martin & Mathias (or Mathias & Matemeo)

                            Plot twist, I’ve already sourced Redwall for names and one of my previous pets was Mattimeo. 😀

                            Sebster & Hugo; Moth & Merlin/Cosmo/Whatever the names of the other boys are.

                            Double plot twist, I’ve also owned a pet named Hugo.

                            The idea of naming animals after my own characters is quite amusing. I doubt I will do that, but you gave me a good chuckle.

                            ...

                            whaley
                            @whalekeeper
                              • Rank: Chosen One
                              • Total Posts: 6059

                              I also welcome your favorite tropes. Tell me what interests you.

                              ...

                              whaley
                              @whalekeeper
                                • Rank: Chosen One
                                • Total Posts: 6059

                                @loopylin @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @ellette-giselle @beth-torres @keilah-h @rae @freed_and_redeemed @theducktator @linus-smallprint @savannah_grace2009 @hybridlore @jonas

                                I’m tagging a bunch of you. Firstly, I doubt you will be offended, and secondly, I have free will. (You may ignore, of course.)

                                A lot of you write or read about fantastical kingdoms with royal families. Even if you haven’t directly done that in a while, I’m sure some images pop into your head. Royal heirs, political drama, that sort of thing.

                                I’m writing a little story about a royal family, just for fun. I’ve realized I have a lot of natural curiosity about the life of a royal. There are so many real kingdoms in history that have had crazy rulers and even crazier traditions. Normally, I would feel pressured to use ideas that are classic and have that timeless medieval-y honorable feel. But in this story, I have an urge to explore the stranger parts of a monarchy.

                                If you will, answer these questions. Have you ever come across a strange tidbit of information in your history studies – about a king, a country, or what have you – that stuck in your head? Anything strange and worth a research rabbit hole? What was it? Have you ever wondered about weird hypothetical scenarios in a royal setting (what if the crown princes were twins, or what if the family tree looked like this, or what if this crazy thing happened)? Tell me where your mind wanders.

                                The weirder the ideas, the better. If no one has ideas off the top of their head, it is alright, I’m sure I will come up with more eventually!

                                ...

                                in reply to: The All-Boys Royal Academy AU RP! #213864
                                whaley
                                @whalekeeper
                                  • Rank: Chosen One
                                  • Total Posts: 6059

                                  @koshka @loopylin

                                  Moth

                                  “Please, listen to me,” Moth whispered to the third arrow as he pulled it back.

                                  He supposed he must stop imagining anything sometimes. Why did every single object and living thing siphon off Moth’s mind? It was deeply bothersome.

                                  He had to resist getting worked up and listen to Ari’s advice. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. What sort of message did he want to send into the target? What did he care about?

                                  I am here to bring my friend joy. That is the purpose of this arrow. He imagined wind rushing around him, and a bird piercing through the fabric of the sky.

                                  He let go. The bowstring twanged and the arrow flew cleanly across the range. It sunk into the target – not quite in the center, but well shot nevertheless.

                                  ...

                                Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 5,989 total)
                                >