@whalekeeper
Active 2 days, 8 hours ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 6041
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Roleplay, Anyone? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 11 months ago
As long as we get started, that is 😅
I’ll try to wright my first post when I’m done with school today. I’ll leave it kinda open ended so we can get them all in the same place eventually. 🙂
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Roleplay, Anyone? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 11 months ago
He sounds perfect, and what writer isn’t super specific with their character descriptions? XD I mean, some people don’t care, but it’s important. Great drawing, by the way!
Lol he’s far from perfect XD He’s one of my antagonists. I hope to give him a sweet redemption though 🙂
And Thanks!
As for personality, he’s still figurin…
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Roleplay, Anyone? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 11 months ago
Oh i’m so embarrassed 😭 @Koshka I totally just mentioned you instead of @Whalekeeper in an above post a couple days ago
I have partially died inside at this moment.
-
Folith-Feolin replied to the topic Roleplay, Anyone? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 11 months ago
Thanks so much!!!!!
My character can be Boden Cerff he is probably around 25-33 years old. In his story he has basically ended up as a slave and helps my MC run a farm. Boden also hides from his dark past which is desperately trying to catch up with him. Boden is usually pessimistic and has a disrespect for authority although he…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Did any book influence your current WIP? in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 11 months ago
Yes, I guess me being a writer I am not qualified to judge anyone’s sanity. 😂🤣
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Roleplay, Anyone? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 11 months ago
This sounds like fun! I see you already have somebody, let me know if three is more than you wanted 🙂
I’ve actually never done this before 😳 and the character castle looked kinda daunting XD
I tried to follow a couple of posts but wasn’t sure I’d be able to keep up, hence why I havn’t joined. I’d like to try my OC keiryn, tell…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Did any book influence your current WIP? in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 11 months ago
My favorite fantasy books are Chronicles of Narnia, Wingfeather Saga, 100 Cupboards, Dawn of Wonder, and an assortment of other stand-alones. I really enjoy that element of family in most of them, and that’s what I want in my stories. As well as the fantastic worlds. And that sense of yearning you get from wondering, is there more o…
-
Koshka replied to the topic Did any book influence your current WIP? in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 11 months ago
EXACTLY. He’s one of the best characters in the series, in my so very humble opinion.
It could, although it would be a rather dark book. It would be interesting, but I’m afraid I was always far more intrigued by the Western Wilds.
YES! XD Definitely one of his best character names. (Now I’m wondering, did he…[Read more]
-
Folith-Feolin replied to the topic Did any book influence your current WIP? in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 11 months ago
I believe wonderfic would fall into the low scifi or low fantasy sections whereas fantasy is high fantasy or high scifi in technicality
Probably the thing that has influenced my writings the most was history class as for books I have read so many I think they have all influenced me in tiny ways also I would have to say I have taken…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Scene (& Explanation) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 11 months ago
@whalekeeper I REALLY DON’T WANT JACKAL TO DIE 😭
-
Jaybird replied to the topic DRAFTING FORUM!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 11 months ago
Oh, thank you so much! I’m SO thrilled you like it.
So, as a premise… I’m not great at writing premises. But I’ll try!
So, the story is a five books (currently) series beginning with two boys in different kinds of bondage. One, Alwin, is in the kind you see easily. But even if it’s easily identified, that doesn’t make it simple…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic My story has problems… any ideas are welcome! XP in the forum Plotting 3 years, 11 months ago
I agree with @e-m-trepke that it’s important for your MCs to have clear motivations.
Ok, thanks that really helps. I need to figure that out.
There’s this other Youtube writer called Abbie Emmons. I highly recommend binge-watching her videos. They’re super fun to watch! She emphasizes character development and teaches you how to ap…
-
Rose Everdeen replied to the topic Writing growth ruts and what to do about them in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 11 months ago
So in conclusion, writing something with a totally different voice and focus might get you back into the learning phase again.
That’s a pretty brilliant suggestion! It made me realize I might be experiencing this now because I’ve been writing from one POV for months XD I recently had just an inbetween chapter with a different POV and…[Read more]
-
Folith-Feolin replied to the topic Writing growth ruts and what to do about them in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 11 months ago
(sorry I forgot to tag you in the previous post)
-
Folith-Feolin replied to the topic Writing growth ruts and what to do about them in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 11 months ago
I don’t really like the Keeper of the lost cities series. I read it 1-2 years ago and thought the first few were great (this could be because I hadn’t really read anything or fun in the last 3 months due to overfilling my schedule with schoolwork and after-school activities) after around book 5 they started fitting into a formula and…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic What's Your Writing Process? 😀 in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 11 months ago
Discovering new characters is so much fun XP
Thanks! Although I can’t take credit, I wanted him to have a pet, the pigeon was my sisters idea.
I love albatrosses 😃
Wow.. capybara…Â What a literal mood 😂
-
Koshka replied to the topic What's Your Writing Process? 😀 in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 11 months ago
You’re fine! O do like trying to figure out how they would look if they were human though, but that gets confusing, so anyway.
You guessed correctly: I am writing a trilogy! In each book I have a slightly more central MC and a second MC, so some of them do get a bigger spotlight, although it may not be very noticeable in the finished draft.
-
Ava Blue replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 4 years ago
@mineralizedwritings Thank you! I’ve been using watercolors since I was 12, so about 3 years. However, I only started consistently using them last year. And I do the same thing! I ADORE graphic novels and I’ve always wanted to write/illustrate my own series. I have many artists to thank for my style, because I really just mimic elements of more…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic What's Your Writing Process? 😀 in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years ago
Uh, hehe…my characters are animals. Zlatan and Vulkasin are wolves, Wilkins and Daithà are foxes, Mikkel and Cecilia are small wild cats (A Scottish wild cat, and a sand cat).
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 4 years ago
I do that too! Often time my first drawing of a new character is a chibi… simply because chibis have no face structure XD. So I get a chance to decide the aesthetic without finding a proper face shape.
Here’s the first finished drawing I did of my OC. He looks like a child because of the way I drew him lol.. he’s like 16.

- Load More
