Art Sharing For All :)

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Art Art Sharing For All :)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 2,075 total)
  • Author
    Ava Blue
    @ava-blue
      • Total Posts: 216

@mineralizedwritings Thank you! I’ve been using watercolors since I was 12, so about 3 years. However, I only started consistently using them last year. And I do the same thing! I ADORE graphic novels and I’ve always wanted to write/illustrate my own series. I have many artists to thank for my style, because I really just mimic elements of more accomplished artists’ styles and change them to fit my tastes. Do you have any favorite artists? (if you can’t name any I get you, I usually can’t remember any hehe)

also: WOWWW I love your art style!! How on earth did you do the hair? The shading is *mwah* magnifique. I love your style, especially the way you draw eyes! What mediums do you use? The color is so smooth.

@whalekeeper
      and @freedomwriter76 Thank you both so very much!! I appreciate it 😀 I really do love drawing long faces as evidenced by.. *holds up 10+ filled sketchbooks from the past 2 years* I do have a few characters with rounder faces though, like Mercedes and Meg (I HAVE TO INTRODUCE YOU GUYS TO MEG AHH)

that a northern wind
      would cool my skin
      and fill my lungs again

MineralizedWritings
      @mineralizedwritings
        • Total Posts: 2794

@ava-blue

Lol I’m so the same! My art is a mish-mash of other peoples styles with my own flare on it 😆

I’d say my main inspritation would be Huruichi Furadate (I totally butchered his name) without his manga series Haikyuu I wouldn’t be able to draw legs, noses, a jawline that doesn’t look weird (kinda specific lol), and necks that aren’t flat. What about you? Any artists or books that helped your art (don’t worry about remembering the name, I get it 🙂

Aw Thanks! Wavy hair takes a long time to learn, but once you figure out how long each wave should be to look good it isn’t too bad. I used a alcohol marker on the face and prismacolor colored pencils on the rest. For quite a while I just had one or two skin toned markers, and even just having one to use on the skin really helps it look smooth (you don’t need a full set). I also used a prismacolor blending marker on the pencil parts. So for the hair I would do one light layer of a even tone of brown, use the blending marker, then use a darker pencil to define the shadows (where the curl goes down) and then repeat shading and blending until it looks good. I didn’t like plan for his hair to be that curly? I just…like…kept…adding…curls? (it’s addicting)

Lol I for some reason don’t draw long faces… I need more variety in my characters 🤣. You sure sound excited about Meg, would love to hear about her!

へびは かっこいい です!

MineralizedWritings
        @mineralizedwritings

Here’s a random drawing of my character Tauren, I’ve had a really hard time drawing him how I imagine him for some reason 😭😭 It’s a struggle and his face doesn’t look quite right here. I think It’s the closest I’ve gotten to how he actually looks in my mind though. His skin isn’t suppose to be quite this tan, I just haven’t gotten the hang of the amount of ink ohuhu markers put out yet 😂 Also his eyes are too bright white…

へびは かっこいい です!

Ava Blue
          @ava-blue

Art dump time! This is something I drew for a halloween prompt in my art club.

that a northern wind
            would cool my skin
            and fill my lungs again

Ava Blue
            @ava-blue

I drew this for art class. I was only allowed to use black, white, and one color (and I could blend them, of course). This is a barn owl, one of my favorite birds! Fun fact, their scientific name is Tyto alba, and they are the most commonly recognized species of owls. I have yet to see one in person!

Oh, and I should mention that this was done in oil pastels with white acrylic for the highlights, moon and stars.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Ava Blue.

that a northern wind
              would cool my skin
              and fill my lungs again

Ava Blue
              @ava-blue

Another thing for art class! I was only allowed to use one set of complementary colors so I chose orange and blue. The water, highlights and floaty details (stars, bubbles, flowers etc.) were done in white acrylic. The jellyfish were done in oil pastel on top of the blue paint. This was a redo of an assignment I screwed up on and I really love this second version!

that a northern wind
                would cool my skin
                and fill my lungs again

MineralizedWritings
                @mineralizedwritings

@ava-blue

Those are really pretty! I love barn owls too! I really like the blue one with the little jellies 🙂

へびは かっこいい です!

MineralizedWritings
                  @mineralizedwritings

@theloonyone @whalekeeper @lightoverdarkness6 @arien @freedomwriter76 @felicity @Folith-feolin @loopylin @ava-blue @anyone

I have kinda sorta started doing the comics for my book, but really I’m just going to try it in a bunch of different ways to figure out the most efficient way to do it. I’m moving pretty slow with this because it’s time consuming and I want it to stay fun.

Anyways, here a panel from my second book! It’s the first finished panel I have made.

I hope to find a way to do the words and thought bubbles digitally, we will see it’s a bit of an experiment atm. I think this one took me about 3 hours? That doesn’t include the time writing.

Oh, I should mention we never question how Layson fits everything in that little backpack. Y’know how people joke women have like everything in there purses? Ok well that’s Layson’s backpack. It just y’know– if this was a more fantasy world perhaps I would use the power of lore to make it believable. We just pretend it isn’t unrealistic 😂

Also I don’t know if I want to commit to drawing that flannel every time– I might have to change it 😂 it’s three layers of marker each time I draw it.

へびは かっこいい です!

Anonymous
                      • Total Posts: 8156

@mineralizedwritings. I absolutely LOVE that!!!! <3333

It looks amazing, sounds amazing, and already has me intrigued. 😀

I’d never do a comic book…my art is…well…scary sometimes. XD But yours looks absolutely AMAZING!!!! <3333

MineralizedWritings
                      @mineralizedwritings

@freedomwriter76

Thank you!! <33

Glad you like it! Of course I started at this point in the book because for quite some time I won’t have to draw girls… I’m not very good at that 🤣

And also Layson is the easiest character I have to draw, like once I get his basic features right it just looks like him almost every time. So yeah, problem solved just start at the easiest part 😂

But yours looks absolutely AMAZING!!!! <3333

Thanks!! And glad it has you intrigued!

へびは かっこいい です!

Anonymous
                          • Total Posts: 8156

@mineralizedwritings. You are so welcome!!! <3333

I’m better at drawing guys too. XD (even though it’s still not the best…XD) And most of my characters are guys, so I guess it works out pretty well!!!! XDXDXD

Glad he’s easy to draw. 😉

You are so welcome!!! And yes, very intrigued. 😀

TheLoonyOne
                          @theloonyone
                            • Total Posts: 404

@mineralizedwritings

😍😲😍 I LOVE it! Your art is so good! And the panel formatting is so cool! So excited that you’re working on this! I’ve already loved your first two chapters, but two see it in comic book format?! YES!

I think this one took me about 3 hours?

Yeah, that sounds about right. 😂 Art takes a long time.

Oh, I should mention we never question how Layson fits everything in that little backpack. Y’know how people joke women have like everything in there purses? Ok well that’s Layson’s backpack. It just y’know– if this was a more fantasy world perhaps I would use the power of lore to make it believable. We just pretend it isn’t unrealistic 😂

Ooh, I haven’t met Layson yet. He seems cool 😁 It’s a magic backpack. It doesn’t need to be fantasy.

Also, if you want to publish this on an online platform if you go further, there is Webtoon. I think I told you about it before, it’s where I read most of my webcomics. But it’s really easy to post comics there (not that I have, I’ve just looked cause I’ve got dreams).

TheLoonyOne
                            @theloonyone

@mineralizedwritings

I just scrolled up and saw your picture of Tauran, and that is so good! All of it is really well done, but the lighting and highlights on his skin are just, wow. 😍 You did such a good job on it!

MineralizedWritings
                              @mineralizedwritings

@theloonyone

😍😲😍 I LOVE it! Your art is so good! And the panel formatting is so cool! So excited that you’re working on this! I’ve already loved your first two chapters, but two see it in comic book format?! YES!

Thank you!! (I’m super excited about it too, also overwhelmed 😂) And also… you actually have met Layson, he’s a side character in chapter one and two so maybe that’s why you don’t remember him. He’s the one who tried to defend Tauren from a kid who was making fun of him writing during break. They were childhood friends and work in the same mine atm. (This is a comic from book two– lol Ig it spoils a lot)

Oh thanks! It’s been awhile since I did that one of Tauren and looking back on it he looks a bit older than I wanted, I was still trying to find the balance of making characters not look weak… but not look like… muscley either? 😂🤣

Yeah! webtoon sounds good, honestly I think I never considered it because I’d get adds for it that seemed creepy, and It didn’t occur to me that every platform is mixed if you let people do whatever they want. I might check it out later in the process, I mean I have to digitize my drawings either way in order to print copies (if I ever get that far) so why not upload them there too? I really like the feeling of a paper copy too though, I have some paperback manga and it feels so great to have read the actual thing. Thanks for the suggestion!

へびは かっこいい です!

TheLoonyOne
                                @theloonyone

@mineralizedwritings

And also… you actually have met Layson, he’s a side character in chapter one and two so maybe that’s why you don’t remember him. He’s the one who tried to defend Tauren from a kid who was making fun of him writing during break. They were childhood friends and work in the same mine atm. (This is a comic from book two– lol Ig it spoils a lot)

Ooh yeah, I remember him. I just didn’t remember his name. 😧 Oh. Once I noticed that you said it spoils a lot I remembered what he said about people getting trapped in the mine.

Yeah! webtoon sounds good, honestly I think I never considered it because I’d get adds for it that seemed creepy, and It didn’t occur to me that every platform is mixed if you let people do whatever they want.

Yeah, some of them are kind of creepy, but there are still a lot of good ones on there. The ads you saw were probably Webtoon originals, though, because those are usually the only ones that get ads. Webtoon is split into Canvas, which anyone can post comics on, and Originals, which is just the comics of authors working directly with Webtoon. The Originals are usually a lot more popular and of better quality, but there are still a lot of really good Canvas comics out there. They can just be a little harder to find because they’re mixed in with everything else.

I really like the feeling of a paper copy too though, I have some paperback manga and it feels so great to have read the actual thing.

Oh, absolutely. It’s so much better to have a physical copy. But if I had to pay for that many I would be broke. 🤣

Thanks for the suggestion!

No problem! Tell me if you do put it on Webtoon 😊

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 2,075 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >