@whalekeeper
Active 2 days, 4 hours ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 6041
-
Esther replied to the topic Trapped in Library of the Kingdom of Pen — Author RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 8 months ago
@princesachronicle22 @felicity @whalekeeper @charityanne
Awesome! I think we’ll wait around for a bit for any others to reply. 🙂
To further explain the idea:
So basically, we are “trapped” in a super large library. I guess we’re trying to figure out how to get out… idk. Lol. We are pretty much role playing… as ourselves. Also, if you want, y…[Read more]
-
Esther started the topic Trapped in Library of the Kingdom of Pen — Author RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 8 months ago
Ok guys…
I have an idea…
What if…
we did…
an… *drum roll please!*
AUTHOR RP!!!
So it would be ourselves trapped in the KP library. The Kingdom Pen library is like any cool old library except for one thing… it’s magical! *cue sparkles* Well not quite magical, but suuuper special. It has every single book every publishe…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Working With the Three-Act Story Structure… With a Series in the forum Plotting 3 years, 8 months ago
@whalekeeper dunno if it’ll help, but have u ever looked into Save The Cat Writes a Novel? It totally changed my writing life! I use it ton and love it!!
-
Otherworldly Historian replied to the topic Working With the Three-Act Story Structure… With a Series in the forum Plotting 3 years, 8 months ago
It sounds like you are talking about a Freytag Pyramid.
I can maybe give advice on that but could also give some general plotting advice.
The first part I will say is that you don’t need to stick exactly to a Faytag pyramid but it is definitely helpful. Ultimately I find it easier to think in terms of multiple Faytag pyramids…[Read more]
-
Gwyndalf the Wise replied to the topic Working With the Three-Act Story Structure… With a Series in the forum Plotting 3 years, 8 months ago
What you said makes sense. =)
Heh, I have the reverse of your problem… I have too many events in my series (especially the first book) that could be the inciting incident…
Maybe to help with yours, you could have one inciting incident for each book in your series? I would think where ever the story pushes off would be the…[Read more]
-
Felicity replied to the topic I'm doing CWW this year. Is anyone else doing it? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 8 months ago
Well, that’s great! Thanks for being a leader and leading us so well! I’m a pengWIN too. 😉
Ah I see, a veteran Ydubber! Hope your time at college goes well!
Nice! Can you believe we all made it to 7 million words?
🙂
Love your new pfp!!
-
Esther replied to the topic Working With the Three-Act Story Structure… With a Series in the forum Plotting 3 years, 8 months ago
I’m pretty sure I know which kind of story structure you’re talking about. I think I’ve seen it before.
Let’s see here…
So when I outline (which I’ve only done once, and I plan to do again) I like to plan it out chapter by chapter. Which does change a lot. I didn’t really follow a story structure, (like I probably should have),…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Working With the Three-Act Story Structure… With a Series in the forum Plotting 3 years, 8 months ago
Oh, interesting! I haven’t heard much about that plot structure. My 2nd book is a bit like that, and I find the hero’s journey is the best plot structure fit for it. It just slowley gets harder over the course of the book. Idk, remember you don’t have to follow one super close.
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic ✨Memes✨ in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 8 months ago
Thx! 💛
-
Orielle2023 replied to the topic Journey to the Past Series by A in the forum Short Story Critiques 3 years, 8 months ago
@freedomwriter76 @godlyfantasy12 @starofthenorth @keilah-h @esther-c @lightoverdarkness6 @felicity @whalekeeper @theloonyone @loopylin @sarafini @madelyn @arien @mineralizedwritings @koshka @booksandbeakers @lewilliams @princesachronicle22
@devastate-lasting @gold_hummingbird @charityanne @gwyndalf-the-wise @c-j
Story Two in my Journey to the…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I'm doing CWW this year. Is anyone else doing it? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 8 months ago
Woah, your new pfp is so cool! Is that one of your oc’s?
-
Felicity replied to the topic I'm doing CWW this year. Is anyone else doing it? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 8 months ago
@sarafini @booksandbeakers @whalekeeper @charityanne
Do you think we’re allowed to post the link on here to invite other people?
On the Announcments page they said:
If you have any writing friends who aren’t a part of CWW yet, remember that it isn’t too late for them to join! The additional boost they can give your teams may be what you need to…
-
Orielle2023 started the topic Journey to the Past Series by A in the forum Short Story Critiques 3 years, 8 months ago
@freedomwriter76 @godlyfantasy12 @starofthenorth @keilah-h @esther-c @lightoverdarkness6 @felicity @whalekeeper @theloonyone @loopylin
Hello KP. I’ve decided to make a forum on sharing my Journey To The Past (JTTP) series stories. This is the first one I ever wrote. It’s pretty short and funny, but I think it’s cute.
Would there be interest in…[Read more]
-
Arien posted an update 3 years, 8 months ago
Okay, so maybe some of you have noticed that Erica (starofthenorth) and I haven’t been very active recently. We haven’t disappeared off the face of the earth, but we’ve decided to step away from the forum. (One reason is that we want to prioritize things like writing!) Thank you all for being so welcoming and friendly, we appreciated it!…[Read more]
-
Felicity replied to the topic I'm doing CWW this year. Is anyone else doing it? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 8 months ago
@sarafini @whalekeeper @mineralizedwritings @lewilliams @gwyndalf-the-wise @booksandbeakers @devastate-lasting
Hey, did ya’ll get on CWW? Maybe we can find each other and see if we’re on the same teams!!!
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 8 months ago
Well apparently I can’t tag more than 10 in forum guidelines… uh Idk I’m going to try to tag people I know read it or asked me to tag them? It’s still more than 10 😅 tell me if any of yall want me to stop tagging you!
@godlyfantasy12 @freedomwriter76 @theloonyone @whalekeeper @lightoverdarkness6 @orielle21 @felicity @arien @booksandbeakers @star…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I'm doing CWW this year. Is anyone else doing it? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 8 months ago
@felicity @sarafini @whalekeeper @booksandbeakers
Yep,same boat! I got the confirmation email awhile back, but nothing sense. The site doesn’t open until monday, so I’m not worried about it. We just try to sign in on monday morning and I think it should be fine? If not, I know another group who is doing it and I can ask them if it’s not working.
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 3 years, 8 months ago
Well done!! Was it hard to find the right colors for shading? I can always shade with pencil just fine, but I’ve never practiced color shading because marker colors never seem to match up.
It’s got a learning curve, but eventually you can kinda see what colors might work. it’s usually not what you expect. I tend to shade with g…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Hello humans (I hope) in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 8 months ago
Hello and welcome!
I’m mineralizedwritings, I wright dystopian ya, draw, and do comicy stuffs.
A couple of newbie questions:
1. Describe your current story (or if you are writing more than one, your favorite)
2. What is your favorite of your characters to write and why?
3. How long have you been writing for?
4. Are snakes…[Read more]
-
Orielle2023 replied to the topic Annie Adams: A Historical Fiction Novella in the forum Short Story Critiques 3 years, 8 months ago
@freedomwriter76 @godlyfantasy12 @starofthenorth @keilah-h @esther-c @lightoverdarkness6 @felicity @whalekeeper @theloonyone @loopylin @wilder-w @mineralizedwritings @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @ava-blue @folith-feolin @power @sarafini @madelyn @arien @booksandbeakers @lewilliams @otherworldlyhistorian @princesachronicle22 @devastate-lasting
Anno…[Read more]
- Load More

Yes of course! But your not leaving forever right? Or is it?
We don’t really know. 😊
Okay! Well I wish you luck! and may His prescense always be with you! <3
@arien
Ok! I should probably do something similair, I spend way too much time on here XD Wish you the best in whatever endeavors you have! 🙂
Thanks!
@arien @starofthenorth
Okay! I’m not gonna be on here as much either. You will be missed. Good luck, and God be with you!
@arien You do whatever you need to! But thanks for tagging me, and I hope you have fun with whatever you’re doing!
@arien
Okay! We’ve missed you!! 🙂
Keep on writing for Christ! ⭐️
Best writing wishes!