Hello humans (I hope)

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello humans (I hope)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    C J
    @c-j
      • Total Posts: 4

Hi there, I am a young writer who wants to write great fiction that glorifies God. I finally found that I can make an account for free here, so I jumped on it (I’m not that rich XD). So yeah. nice to finally be here.

MineralizedWritings
      @mineralizedwritings
        • Total Posts: 2803

@c-j

Hello and welcome!

I’m mineralizedwritings, I wright dystopian ya, draw, and do comicy stuffs.

A couple of newbie questions:

1. Describe your current story (or if you are writing more than one, your favorite)

2. What is your favorite of your characters to write and why?

3. How long have you been writing for?

4. Are snakes cool?

Anyways, I’ll tag some friends to come say hi 🙂

@godlyfantasy12
        @loopylin @esther-c @felicity @arien @starofthenorth @freedomwriter76 @elishavet-pidyon @theloonyone @orielle21 @princesachronicle22 @folith-feolin @otherworldlyhistorian @koshka @whalekeeper

へびは かっこいい です!

PrincesaChronicle22
        @princesachronicle22
          • Total Posts: 759

@c-j

Hello hello! Welcome to the kingdom! I am @princesachronicle22 (Last I checked I was still human so I think we’re good) XD

Now, for your questions *rubs hands and grins eagerly*

1. What is your favorite book or series? (You can have multiple favorites)

2. What is your most enjoyable passtime?

3. Would you rather find true love today or win the lottery next year?

4. Do you have a favorite animal? If so, what is it? (It can totally be fictional)

5. What style and genre do you write?

6. Do you have Works In Progress (WIPs) for your writings that your working on?

Welp, that is all I have for you today, so I bid thee farewell, and hope to see you around KP!

(P.S, When I joined a few weeks ago I had lot’s of trouble with tagging names and qouting people so don’t hesitate to ask if you need any help with that kinda thing)

Love is patient. Love is kind. Love never fails. -1 Corinthians
          And guess what? His is eternal (:

LoopyLin
          @loopylin
            • Total Posts: 2064

@c-j  (thank you so much for having an easy tag to type out lol)

Hello! I’m Loopy. I like writing fantasy mostly and also drawing.

I have a couple newbie questions:

1. Do you have a favorite myth or fairytale?

2. If you were an animal, what do you think you would be? (Bases mostly off of your personality)

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

Orielle2023
            @orielle21
              • Total Posts: 173

@c-j
              Hey. Nice to meet you! Welcome to KP! Are you planning to share your stories?

I’m a homeschool graduate, full time barista, Spanish speaking (still learning) birder who loves people. I write historical fiction for fun. If you are interested, I posted a story about a pioneer girl named Annie Adams here on KP. I have a book and want to write four more to make a series some day.

Newbie Questions!!!

1). What is your favorite bird?

2). What is your dream job?
              3). Do you have a favorite movie?

P.S. I am an elf.

P.S.S. JK. I am a human.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Orielle2023.

Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo

Esther
              @esther-c
                • Total Posts: 3224

@c-j

Welcome to the kingdom!! So glad to have you here! I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, God-loving amateur writer!

Your goal of writing great fiction that glorifies God is something awesome to aim for! (And is pretty much why we’re all on here! XD)

As for my writing, I like to say I dabble in a bit of everything. My current WIP is YA dystopian, I have another WIP (which I probably won’t work on for a while) that is fantasy, and ideas for a his-fic, multiple biblical fiction works, and contemporary fiction.

Now for questions!!

1. If you could have any two animals for pets, what two animals would they be? (Mythical/fictional, tamed, wild, etc.)

2. Coffee, tea, or neither? Why?

3. Would you rather go to the movie theater or the aquarium?

4. If you were a color, what would you be?

5. Gummy bears or gummy worms? Which is your preference and why?

Again, so nice to meet you!! See you around!!

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Esther
                @esther-c
                  • Total Posts: 3224

I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, God-loving amateur writer!

^ I think I have this memorized. XD

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Anonymous
                    • Total Posts: 76

Why hello @c-j ! Welcome welcome! I’m Caitlyn! I love writing fiction and am writing a novel that recently surpassed 10K. Looong way to go, since I want it to be 60-70K:) Oh well. I love science and obviously writing, and we’re excited to have another new person! Okay, ENOUGH about myself.

A few newbie questions that hopefully haven’t been asked:

1. Favorite board game?

2. Favorite word to say (weird, right?)

3. Favorite time period in history?

See ya around!!

Felicity
                    @felicity
                      • Total Posts: 811

@c-j

Welcome to Kingdom Pen! I’m Felicity, a wannabe published author, homesteader and follower of Jesus. I am always encouraged to meet people who share the goal of writing God-honoring fiction!

He must increase, but I must decrease.

TheLoonyOne
                      @theloonyone
                        • Total Posts: 404

@c-j

Hey! Welcome to Kingdom Pen!

I’m theloonyone and I think I’m human…

And yeah, free is my favorite thing too

Anyway, some newbie questions!

1. What kind of writing do you do? Do you have a favorite genre?

2. Stranded on an island. If you like music, what are five songs or five albums that you would want to have if you were stranded on an island? Basically top five, whether through quality or sentiment.

3. Stranded on an island but five books.

4. If you could make any activity an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance of winning a medal for?

Welcome to Kingdom Pen again! I hope to see you around!

C J
                        @c-j

I’ll reply soon, I hope. A bit busy writing my contemporary WIP for the next week (any of you on board for CWW?) And yes, I know that answers some of your questions. My favourite genre is fantasy, and I will be writing that soon, but first trying to finish first draft of this before starting another project. Bye for now, people!

Felicity
                          @felicity
                            • Total Posts: 811

@c-j

Totally understand. And yes! I’m in CWW too!

He must increase, but I must decrease.

C J
                            @c-j

1. I am writing the first draft of a contemporary novel/novella about a homeschooled teenager who finds the key to stopping a kid from taking over North America and controlling people’s minds. (this is my first novel ever) I have been working on it since NaNo(that was when I started outlining it and making ideas for it).

2. Probably my favourite character to write about right now is the hired hit man in my story. His character is interesting(he never intentionally kills people)

3. I’ve been writing kind of all my life, but fiction since 2021

4. Round eyed snakes are cool – but I’ve never met any others

1. Wingfeather Saga, Mysterious Benedict Society, 100 Cupboards, Wars of the Realm/ anything by chuck black, (you sorry for asking yet?) Green Ember, Way of Kings, most of RM Ballantyne’s books, The Phantom Tollbooth, Iron Scouts of the confederacy, almost any Lamplighter book published, Banner in the Sky, Narnia, Lord of the Rings, (Now we begin some nonfiction) Truths we confess, basically all of the Sower Series, Do Hard Things, D-Day, Pearl Harbor(can’t remember the name correctly), Thoughts For Young Men, and that’s about all for now. I’ll think of more later. *evil laugh*

2. Reading while listening to music is definitely one of if not my top thing to do. currently writing is also up there (the newness hasn’t worn off yet).

3. Would you rather find true love today or win the lottery next year? interesting question…probably neither…true love in a few years maybe?

4. My favourite animal is one my sister and I invented for her fantasy novel. It’s called a shimmerpen and it’s kind of like a penguin, except where a penguin is black, it’s oil slick, and it’s bulletproof and has hidden spikes under its feathers. It also doesn’t live in the arctic.

1. My favourite myth…ow, this is making me think. Does Percy Jackson count?

2. According to a personality test I took, I am a unicorn…still sounds weird to me, cause I hate unicorns

1). No idea what my favourite bird is…maybe the shimmerpen from earlier?

2). my dream job is either doing writing and being a bike mechanic, or just writing.

3). Our family has an interesting take on movies…I watched my first Pixar movies at 13. We’ve now moved up to some Tom Hanks movies, and some Kendrick Brothers movies, but most of my favourites have been animated. Maybe Despicable Me and Courageous?

1. No idea what pets I would want other than the two friendly cats that we already have.

2. tea over coffee, Sanpellegreno

3. I would much rather go to the movie theater than the aquarium?

4. if I was a color, then I guess I would be, I don’t know, colorful?

5. Gummy bears! gummy worms are grosser for some reason, I mean they taste different, seriously!

1. Wingspan, Tiny Epic Western, Hive, are some of my favourite board games (that’s another thing I like to do)

2. Favorite word to say: I have no idea, sorry.

3. Favorite time period in history: I like reading about so much of it…probably WWI and II? if you mean which I would want to live in, I would answer that God put me here, and I don’t think I would do well anywhere else. I’m sure there’s a purpose for my life somewhere around here. *looks around again*

. What kind of writing do you do? Do you have a favorite genre? I am writing a contemporary novel, but that’s just the thing I thought of first, because I had been reading Wars Of the Realm…but my favourite genre is definitely fantasy.

2. Stranded on an island. Tobymac Collection (OK, kinda cheating, it has almost all his good songs on it.), Diamonds and Made by Hawk Nelson, The Things that Got Us Here by Sidewalk Prophets, and…I’ll just say Brand New by Matthew West.

4. If you could make any activity an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance of winning a medal for? Ripstiking. If you, like everybody I’ve met except the guy who taught me, don’t know what it is, look it up.

Well, that about sums me up, and answers all your questions, so bye for now.

C J
                              @c-j

That took me from 6: 45 to 7: 40 (does this count as my writing for today?)

PrincesaChronicle22
                                @princesachronicle22
                                  • Total Posts: 759

@c-j

Lol, I say it does, my answer questions post took two day’s because I was going back and forth on so many things XD

I like the hit man character you mentioned, sounds interesting!

Also LOVE Way of kings and pretty much everything else Brandon Sanderson has written. The Wingfeather saga has been recommended and I plan on reading it soon (*the twelve other books I’m reading and my WIP groan*)

Those penguin things sound cool!

Welp, have a nice day! Nice to meet you!

Love is patient. Love is kind. Love never fails. -1 Corinthians
                                  And guess what? His is eternal (:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >